[Feedback] Announcer Statements.

Apotheosis

Veteran XV
This was mentioned by someone in a 5150 server a few mins ago, and it's something that I very much agree with, and had also thought of beforehand.

Please make the announcer say "*Your* flag has been taken," or "*The enemy* flag has been taken," instead of "Blood Eagle flag stolen."
I find that the announcer saying "Blood Eagle" or "Phoenix" is rather useless for me, since I pay very little attention to the name of the team I'm currently on. I know I could just look at my base or do something equivalently simple to find out what team I'm on, but I just think it'd be simpler, and improve players' reaction times if the announcer used "your" or "the enemy's" instead of specific team names. :shrug:

That's so true. Current system by saying "Phoenix flag shotel" etc sucks. Kinda thing like Apotheosis proposed would be a lot better. And that could include also the announcer's sensor- and generator under attack msgs.

Apotheosis said:
I just think it'd be simpler, and improve players' reaction times if the announcer used "your" or "the enemy's" instead of specific team names. :shrug:

Actually..it'd be much simpler to just look at the arm that is always on your screen than it would be to re-record and re-add all the voices at this point. ;)

Red = Blood Eagle.
Blue = Imperial
Yellow = Phoenix.

You're all set!

Grr, well would it at least be possible to replace those sounds? I wouldn't mind being my own announcer :)

I still think I'd appreciate the notifications more if they were "your" or "the enemy" specific than tribe specific. In fact, I think it would be better if it was just a different type of "beep" or "ding" instead of an announcer altogether. For example, a "waahh" sound if your flag is taken, and a "bling" sound if the enemy flag is taken. Maybe an "arroooga" sound if your gens went down and a "kapatooey" if the enemy gens went down. A "jiggleoogle" if your team caps, and a "waouwaouwaou" if the enemy team caps.

Last edited:
YES!

not only do I not pay attention to what team I'm on....when I do look (several times a game) I never pay attention to P, BE, or I.....just yellow, blue or red

YOUR flag, or the ENEMY flag....not team names please

I COMPLETELY agree. This is my biggest complaint so far - since the teams randomize all the time and you never can keep track of this. The way it works now is very weird.

If you don't want to redo voice overs, at least make the words that appear on the screen adjustable.

I also hate this we need team specific sounds then we could add our own sounds like the old days t1 or t2 sounds for flag events. :signed:

Ceiling_Fan said:
:huh:

Sheesh. I've never had a problem knowing what team I'm on. I don't get this.

There are a lot of things going on in my mind and keeping track of when I am playing - I don't want useless data like - which team's flag got taken and is it mine, to be one of them.

That doesn't sound right, but you know what I mean.

Like I said, I always know what team I'm on because the arm on my screen is quite obviously a different color for every team. I don't even think about it, I just know which team I'm on.

I know what you mean..it's just difficult to understand is all, because I don't have that problem. I can easily accept that other people do.

It's almost certainly too late to change the voices, but changing the text announcement should be doable.

I suppose I will get use to it. I have enough trouble getting noobs to focus on the flag in pubs to make it more difficult for them for no good reason.

Its jsut that its like an extra mental step. My mental capacity is very limited.
Plus then we could Use old t1 sounds that require no metal thought whatsoever.
Well maybe a little.
Oh yea one more thing you can change the anouncer to a girl in your vegeance beta ini anouncer 2 is female dont know about 1. FYI

Last edited:
gOOse said:
Its jsut that its like an extra mental step. My mental capacity is very limited.
Plus then we could Use old t1 sounds that require no metal thought whatsoever.
Well maybe a little.
Oh yea one more thing you can change the anouncer to a girl in your vegeance beta ini anouncer 2 is female dont know about 1. FYI

Exactly. It might only take a second or so to glance down at your arm to find out what tribe you are, but when playing in specific positions, every second counts. I play LD most of the time and end up being a chaser as well, and especially for the chaser position, it helps to immidiately know what's going on with your flag, particularly in a game when cappers can be in and out of range in a little more than just a second's time.

Apotheosis said:
Exactly. It might only take a second or so to glance down at your arm to find out what tribe you are, but when playing in specific positions, every second counts.

What I'm saying is..it takes a second...at the BEGINNING of the map.

If your memory is so bad that you can't remember that for thirty minutes, you need to see a doctor ;)

doctor.jpg

:signed:

and please add an alternative system that replaces all these announcements with sound effects. I loathe the UT system we currently have, it was one of the reasons I saw UT2003 as a complete fiasco and it's quite embarrasing to see the simple and effective system from T1/2 replaced by this mess. Please, options.

We also need a better notification of flags being dropped, and DIFFERENT sounds depending on which team. Right now the enemy flag could be dropped right next to your base and if nobody's looking directly at the capper, there's no way to be sure that it was your team who dropped the flag. They will just sit there oblivious. Very aggravating.

Back