Hook Ammo Poll by Thrax Panda - Page 9 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page Hook Ammo Poll
Page 9 of 9
View Poll Results: Are you for or against ammo for the Grappling Hook?
I am IN the beta and FOR ammo. 65 14.71%
I am IN the beta and AGAINST ammo. 68 15.38%
I am NOT IN the beta and FOR ammo. 138 31.22%
I am NOT IN the beta and AGAINST ammo. 149 33.71%
Me bad english? Unpossible! 22 4.98%
Voters: 442. You may not vote on this poll

Nicodemus
VeteranXX
Old
161 - 08-12-2004, 18:00
Its not ****ing manadatory, whats with you guys? How is chasing a capper using a grappling hook, WITH a grappling hook, going to do you a goddamm bit of good? What you just going to follow him to his flag? You have to be shooting at him in order to kill him. Bust out the burner, chain his ****** ass down, nade toss him to ****.

Sponsored Links
blazindave
Veteran
Old
162 - 08-12-2004, 20:46
i am not in the beta and against
and i didnt vote on the poll cause i couldnt
damn...

either way...the majority voted against ammo for grappling hook...regardless of if they were in or out of the beta...i think it should be implamented with the person..like the TL
long live the TL!

Last edited by blazindave; 08-12-2004 at 20:54..
Ryan
VeteranX
Old
163 - 08-12-2004, 21:48
I fixed the "refire if holding down fire" bug

You can't shoot the grapple line because the trace I do to check if the line should break doesn't trace against projectiles. Anyone who thinks they've shot the grapple line just happened to be shooting at the grapple line when it broke for some other reason

So why don't I just trace against projectiles! Because that wouldn't really work either For that to work the projectile object would actually have to be positioned between the attachment point and the grapple source, which more often than not would not be the case because the projectile would move through the grapple line in one tick. Does that make sense?

Putting the grapple line itself in the collision tree would just be :silly: (given the constraints of the Unreal collision system), please don't suggest it

Collision with the attachment point is another matter. I'm not the one who decides these things though...

Last edited by Ryan; 08-12-2004 at 21:55.. Reason: Spelling
eagle*
Unregistered
Old
164 - 08-12-2004, 22:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
Collision with the attachment point is another matter. I'm not the one who decides these things though...
I'd really like to see this in the beta, I think it would solve lots of problems that limiting ammo wouldn't.

Mindflayr
VeteranXV
Old
165 - 08-12-2004, 23:35
^^^^^

What He Said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
I fixed the "refire if holding down fire" bug

Thanx for Fixing Refire Bug.

As Far as the Grapple - those of us lobbying for it to be breakable were mainly talking about the attachment point. IMO the Line shouldn't be breakable (however realistic) because of the amount of Large Radius Explosions that would almost Nullify the Grappler - but making it so everytime someone grapples to run away- you only need 1 PRECISE Disc/Burner shot to bring them crashing down would Both Add another type of Skilled/Timed shot to the game (like the MA) but it would also i Believe Balance out 2 of the 3 Issues reguarding Grapple Abuse.
1) Hanging HoFs, Defenders or Offense
2) Grapple Standoff Cappers being so Dominant

Which Only Leaves
(3) Soft Ground Grappleing Abuse to Gain momentum on Outdoor Maps.

Im a huge advocate of the grapple( <3 Cavern) but I wouldnt Mind giving up soft ground Grappling. IM a Capper and it would seem so useful to me but it does add a fairly Unrealistic Dimension and could possible be abused (more testing once LD get better chase methods).. Also, I kind of like the mental awareness it would take to make sure your routes on Outdoor maps would pass by Hard Objects if you wanted to incorporate quick roudabout turns and such.

Im done whoring this thread but i just wanted to respond again since we finally got a Dev in here to chat with us. You guys rock and thanx for listening.

Zio
VeteranX
Old
166 - 08-12-2004, 23:56
Pleaze make the grapple point shootable to stop players from hanging from one point indefinetly. This will also bring a new twist to the game and even more challenge for both the chaser and the grappler!

To me, this just makes sense.

Thanx

JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
167 - 08-13-2004, 12:41
I am very much against making the grapple only work on certain materials, it would nerf it way too much and make grapplers awfully predictable. As far as the ammo goes, so far it really isn't much of a problem, the only time I ran out of ammo was on Cavern when I was flying around in a flag standoff, so I think the ammo does exactly what it should do, and we should leave it at that.

lt-
VeteranX
Old
168 - 08-13-2004, 14:57
member or vet?

**damnit**

Rooster128
VeteranXV
Old
169 - 08-13-2004, 17:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMURFHATER
I like the time limit idea.
Problem with time limit issue is that some people will be using it for grappling onto their fort's ceiling to stay suspended in air to defend. And I'd hate to see that concept to go shame...

Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
170 - 08-13-2004, 17:44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster128
Problem with time limit issue is that some people will be using it for grappling onto their fort's ceiling to stay suspended in air to defend. And I'd hate to see that concept to go shame...
That's why the hook should get disconnected after a certain amount of damage.

Page 9 of 9

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page Hook Ammo Poll

Social Website Bullshit