[NFL] 2017 Offseason & Draft

Miami Dolphins

Cornerback depth

Despite inconsistency and injury, this unit managed to contain the best receiving options of opposing offenses in 2016. The Dolphins ranked fourth in defensive DVOA against both No. 1 and No. 2 receivers. However, they canceled out much of that success by ranking 31st against all other wide receivers, with quarterbacks repeatedly picking on Miami's inexperienced depth.

It's not Cornerbacks that are their problem. It's Linebackers. They don't have any good ones and end up getting destroyed in the middle of the field.

as a fan of a team that has too many gaping holes to mention, i'd venture to guess that miami needs help at both corner and lb

I knew Ross III was a potentially all-time speed talent after I saw this

john-ross-kickoff-return-against-byu-in-fight-hunger-bowl.gif

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Redskins franchise player Kirk Cousins "appealed personally" to owner Dan Snyder for a trade.

Per Mort, Cousins was "basically told not to get his hopes up." The well has been poisoned in Washington, with team president Bruce Allen alienating his franchise quarterback for essentially no reason. The nature of the modern NFL is that you have to pay quarterbacks more than you might sometimes be comfortable with. Whomever ends up replacing Cousins in Washington, this year or next, will almost certainly be a downgrade. The Redskins still can't stay out of their own way. It's a sad state of affairs for what should be a crown-jewel franchise.

19 million for Glennon isn't the dumbest thing they could have done. As long as the bulk of that is in the first year, it might even be a decent move.

The Bears have been pretty dumb though for a few years, so I can understand the skepticism.

19 million for Glennon isn't the dumbest thing they could have done. As long as the bulk of that is in the first year, it might even be a decent move.

The Bears have been pretty dumb though for a few years, so I can understand the skepticism.

At least they aren't the Redskins who are trying to pay cousins 12 to 15 and keep having to tag him thus ultimately paying double and will probably end up with no QB...unless they can get RG3 from Cleveland off waiver after preseason.

RG3 back to the 'Skins would be fucking hilarious. Sorry you are a fan of a Snyder owned team. That must get really old.

Back