Reload this Page Time for a new phone!
Page 3 of 4
Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
41 - 08-10-2018, 15:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by amRam View Post
My plan doesn't get any cheaper if I go buy my own phone, so I might as well get Bell to subsidize my new one. Know what I mean? That's the big drawback to Oneplus for me.
hrmmm but you can keep your current plan in case the new plan is ****tier, i assume you checked this.

yeah if you need one right now s9 i guess. lg v40 and pixel 3xl would be the only other ones to look at

Sponsored Links
amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
42 - 08-10-2018, 15:33
I don't need a new one but my contract is up in a month and the way I see it is I'm paying "extra" every month that I don't buy a new phone. I'm still paying the built in subsidy whether or not I get a new device so it makes sense to get one every 2 years. But I can wait.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagy View Post
hrmmm but you can keep your current plan in case the new plan is ****tier, i assume you checked this.

yeah if you need one right now s9 i guess. lg v40 and pixel 3xl would be the only other ones to look at

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
43 - 08-10-2018, 15:51
Oh and just because the contract is up doesn't mean that I have to change plans. They can't increase the price.

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
44 - 08-10-2018, 16:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by amRam View Post
Oh and just because the contract is up doesn't mean that I have to change plans. They can't increase the price.
if you take an upgrade, they may (read: will) put you on a new plan that may or may not be more expensive.

I've had upgrades where i got a better plan...but this is the catch. when you take the upgrade, you may lose your plan if its not offered anymore. you can argue/threaten to quit and might be able to retain it tho.

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
45 - 08-10-2018, 16:19
No way bro, I don't change plans with upgrades. CERTAINLY not to my disadvantage. They just keep my bill the same.
Quote:
if you take an upgrade, they may (read: will) put you on a new plan that may or may not be more expensive.

I've had upgrades where i got a better plan...but this is the catch. when you take the upgrade, you may lose your plan if its not offered anymore. you can argue/threaten to quit and might be able to retain it tho.

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
46 - 08-10-2018, 16:22
bonne chance i hope im wrong

Technetium
tuffy
Old
47 - 08-10-2018, 17:11
iphonex

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
48 - 08-10-2018, 17:44
The Bell website always lists the the plan requirements in order to get any particular phone so since I already pay to cover their requirement I always get the phones at no extra charge. My wife and I pay 165 a month.
Quote:
bonne chance i hope im wrong

Veniggs
VeteranXV
Old
49 - 08-10-2018, 20:05
the new note 9 has a 512gb/8gb ram model and it's 1250 US...

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
51 - 08-10-2018, 20:24
5g revolution lol lte+ is so stupid ****ing fast I can't imagine wanting more on mobile

hablamos_cítricos
Old
52 - 08-10-2018, 20:28
yes

why would anyone need that much speed on a phone

someone could get hurt

aScotiA
VeteranXX
Old
53 - 08-10-2018, 20:40
Haven't read the whole thread but through a twist of fate I wound up with an LG G6 last year and I've been pleasantly surprised by how much I've liked it. My last phone was a Nexus 6P, so when it died on me I initially got a Pixel XL. I had it for about two weeks but returned it and got the only other phone I thought could work for me without overpaying for the so-called "top tier" phones (i.e. Samsung and Apple, f them.). I left Samsung in the rearview a longgg time ago due to numerous grievances, which made me believe I'd be using Google phones for the foreseeable future. That only lasted for 2 phones. My next phone won't definitely be an LG, but the primary reasons I like mine are:

-Great battery life despite a smaller mAH battery compared to other phones
-Perfect size for a large hand
-Simple yet sleek and elegant design
-Basically zero hardware issues

If you can set aside your biases, the G7 or V30 are at least worth a look.

edit: I would've gotten a OnePlus, Sony, or Huawei if I had the option but Sprint didn't support any of them. I have since realized that I was probably being hacked by chinese when I had the Nexus 6P, so I probably will rule them out in the future (if I even have the choice).

Last edited by aScotiA; 08-10-2018 at 21:03..
blackpeople
REEEEEEEEEEEXV
Old
54 - 08-10-2018, 20:46
my daughter just rekt my old ass 5x

reeee

aScotiA
VeteranXX
Old
55 - 08-10-2018, 20:52
Just to elaborate on why I don't like Samsung... (dislike of Apple is self-explanatory)

The curved edges on Samsun.gs are stupid IMO. It makes them easier to drop and they are more vulnerable to damage from a fall because the edge of the glass is fully exposed rather than protected by a bezel and/or case. The utility of the "edge" seems gimmicky but since I've never used one daily I'll concede that I may be ignorant about whether it's truly useful or not. The flagship phones are too narrow. You can't watch most videos in true full screen because the aspect ratio is all distorted. I've been subconsciously holding a grudge against Samsun.g for taking away removable batteries somewhere around the Note 5, but every manufacturer has done that now so I suppose I can let go of it, but still **** you Samsung. Your phones are stupid and overpriced and I hate you. That goes for you too Apple. Everything you make.

Last edited by aScotiA; 08-10-2018 at 21:16.. Reason: removed auto hyperlinks for samsung, pricks
amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
56 - 08-10-2018, 21:06
I dislike through curved edges too but may be willing to overlook it

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
57 - 08-10-2018, 21:08
the curved screen doesn't bother me, but only if I have a case on it. holding the phone without a case is not easy with curve, you are right.

Vermouth
VeteranXX
Old
58 - 08-10-2018, 21:21
My first generation Pixel still works great. Not recommending you buy that now, but I like their devices, ecosystem, service, etc. Specifically, I think Google Fi is a good deal and great service. Definitely plan to get another Pixel (or comparable device w/ Fi) when I'm ready to retire my current phone.

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
59 - 08-10-2018, 21:24
relax poncho

just saying that not purchasing the latest phone now because you'll miss out on 5g is a stupid reason not to get the current best
Quote:
Originally Posted by hablamos_cítricos View Post
yes

why would anyone need that much speed on a phone

someone could get hurt

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
60 - 08-10-2018, 22:06
I'm getting over 100Mbps on lte...5g can wait wtf do I need that for

Page 3 of 4

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion