NEW: Save your Wii-U threads for another day.

Data

Contributor
Veteran XX
Another new console generation is upon us. Nintendo is about to release the successor to the Wii, and everyone is gearing up for a repeat of the Holiday 2006 supply shortages.

Nintendo's Wii U Already Selling Out Online - US Business News - CNBC
Wii U shortages likely says Nintendo - News - Trusted Reviews

TW Classifieds won't be participating in the rampant price gouging that's sure to follow. I'm not going to cherry pick or set some kind of arbitrary threshold on what a fair price is. So basically, if it involves the sale or trade of a Wii-U, your thread will be deleted.

I support and appreciate the free market, but this forum isn't the place to take advantage of people. We're a community (however loosely you define it) not a market waiting to be squeezed. A fool and his money may be soon parted, but we don't treat each other like fools in Classifieds... at least in principle. Christ, we have enough retarded drama as it is.

You're welcome to discuss the issue here if you must, but I'm not likely to budge on it. Thanks for reading. You may now commence with the name calling.

Last edited:
:( Horse Shit. I understand but I wasn't even being ridiculous with my price.

Edit: and I did lose my job :(

Oh well they are on craigslist and eBay but I would have rather done business on here.

Last edited:
If you sell anything here on TW, it should be at a loss (something you have that's probably used and not worth retail price anymore).

This place should only serve to cut your losses and/or give TW first dibs on good deals, not to make profit (IMO). The only reason I don't oppose DieHard's PC business is because he's offering a service (research, assembly, labor, etc.).

I don't begrudge anyone making a profit here. That's not what this is about. It's about taking advantage of circumstances to price gouge. The ethics at play are questionable, at best, and I don't think that particular flavor of profiteering has a place here.

Otherwise I support it absolutely. If you have the means to flip some consoles for extra Christmas money, do it.

I had no intention of doing this but I hope it's ok to disagree with it. Some people might be actively looking and willing to pay that high price regardless of the source. You are depriving them the chance to purchase one from a non-aggressive classifieds board they are familiar with. Rather than fighting for ebay auctions and craigslist ads, etc. Leave the markets alone! ;)

edit: gouging Sandy victims for gasoline is ok though?.... is that in the spirit of classifieds? I don't get it....

Last edited:
Dude evo, I think the point is this particular classifieds forum does not philosophically subscribe to the supply and demand "thing". If the majority of folks disagree with that, then there are lots of ways around it (ie PM's or announcements via the general forum)

Back