7581 - 10-10-2011, 18:23
Saw that pic.

Sigh.

Sponsored Links
Hellsfury
VeteranXX
Old
7582 - 10-10-2011, 18:26
Umm... the spinfusor in T:V fired horizontal disks... just like every other version of Tribes.

A prototype disk launcher during early testing had a vertical disk projectile, but it was never used.

The only way you'd make this mistake, is if you never actually played the game.

Vir
VeteranXV
Old
7583 - 10-10-2011, 18:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsfury View Post
Umm... the spinfusor in T:V fired horizontal disks... just like every other version of Tribes.

A prototype disk launcher during early testing had a vertical disk projectile, but it was never used.

yeah but they had to come up with 3 spinfusors and they're probably not done yet!

spinfusor pistol here we come!

Wiggle!
VeteranX
Old
7584 - 10-10-2011, 18:30
i see what they're doing and it is dumb

TAA WAR
VeteranXV
Old
7585 - 10-10-2011, 18:30
Yeah they seem to think that adding X to Tribes will make the game better because X is in every other fps that sells well. Too bad Tribes isn't like any other fps.

Durak
VeteranXV
Old
7586 - 10-10-2011, 18:30
everything they do is coated with an extra thick layer of fail it seems

Bughead
VeteranXX
Old
7587 - 10-10-2011, 18:33
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrHFxscunOA

Hellsfury
VeteranXX
Old
7588 - 10-10-2011, 18:38
Today is a red-letter day here at TribalWar. Never before have I seen the community of Tribes players form a unifying consensus regarding anything Tribes related... until today that is, as it appears that we all agree on how much this game does not resemble Tribes at all.

MaxxCarnage
VeteranXX
Old
7589 - 10-10-2011, 18:40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster128 View Post
Wall Photos | Facebook

lol
Ridiculous but understandable... no good for tribes though. Warwitch sighting in the comments hehe.

Vir
VeteranXV
Old
7590 - 10-10-2011, 18:42
warwitch dreamboat! he could make T:A fun to listen to/watch

RunningWolf
VeteranXV
Old
7591 - 10-10-2011, 18:47
T:V spinfuser *gag* wait a minute. The medium was most definitely modeled after T:V. THE ****?

Vir
VeteranXV
Old
7592 - 10-10-2011, 18:47
the heavy model's disk should hit the ground and roll all the way to the enemy base

and you get extra credits if you kill someone on the hop

Got Haggis?
VeteranXX
Old
7593 - 10-10-2011, 18:53
Quote:

I know....i didn't know they considered this the t:v model, but that is ****ing hilarious that they are calling it the t:v model from that one screenshot of concept art.....which if i recall correctly (and i may not) there was a reason it was modeled like that initially....like they were having issues with it when it was horizontal so they made it vertical for a short while until it was fixed

edit: yeah i'm wrong, i guess irrational tried to use that version but it got shot down

just goes to show how much they know about tribes. and their version of the t1 spinfusor looks NOTHING like the t1 version. the t2 version looks great though

Last edited by Got Haggis?; 10-10-2011 at 19:03..
Xeri0us
VeteranXX
Old
7594 - 10-10-2011, 18:57
Quote:
Today is a red-letter day here at TribalWar. Never before have I seen the community of Tribes players form a unifying consensus regarding anything Tribes related... until today that is, as it appears that we all agree on how much this game does not resemble Tribes at all.
exactly. I alpha tested and I will bet any amount of money that this game fails worse then T:V

Rampancy
Veteran++
Old
7595 - 10-10-2011, 18:59
On the plus side I will get to roll around in Soldier wrecking the CoD scrubs that play *****ing about the game without paying a cent

Considering that's basically the only class I'd have any intention of playing anyways

Vir
VeteranXV
Old
7596 - 10-10-2011, 19:04
and of course if you fire the heavy model's disk down a hill it picks up speed and does more damage on impact!

Got Haggis?
VeteranXX
Old
7597 - 10-10-2011, 19:05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vir View Post
and of course if you fire the heavy model's disk down a hill it picks up speed and does more damage on impact!

TAA WAR
VeteranXV
Old
7598 - 10-10-2011, 19:08
Wonder if you get gunships and nukes for kill streaks.

whitewhale1
Veteran4
Old
7599 - 10-10-2011, 19:18
TV and t2 one look like ****

Serle
VeteranXV
Old
7600 - 10-10-2011, 19:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewhale1 View Post
TV and t2 one look like ****
The T2 one looks fantastic.

Personally, I kinda like how they converted the T1 to modern graphics.

Page 380 of 2009

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Tribes : Ascend

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
35 psi , animal approves , ascend means more shrikes , austrians , badmofo is a big fucking deal , better graphics without t1 , bf3 blows goats , blitz is a cyberathlete , conspiracy , constraints = creativity , dare play tribe , derp , fuzzy is best tribe player , grapple , kill obibun's dad please , loadout fail , loafting , look i added some tags , moar mortar plz , obibun taint licker , odio is a fucking retard , odio is fucking a retard , phase 12 , primers , raaaaape~wdeath , targeting laser ftw , the enemy is raping our base , the tao of tribe , this game will succeed , tits:ass , tribes 4 will be fun , tribes: ass end , unreal engine fail , vab nothing left to prove , ze balls make it gay