Lightsaber Modding by SL83 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > The Archives > Star Wars: The Old Republic
Reload this Page Lightsaber Modding
SL83
VeteranXV
Old
1 - 12-24-2011, 14:13
A bit confused on the lightsaber modding and crafting.

I think I purchased some skills schematics for color crystals...I'm not sure - but I paid money to learn some trainable items AFTER learning Artifice.

Now, color crystals just modify the color of the blade? Nothing else? Purely aesthetic? Power crystals affect the stats?

I created a new hilt, but I had no idea if it was any better or worse than the one I started out with :\

Sponsored Links
d0ggy
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
2 - 12-24-2011, 15:02
Crystals and hilts have stats..

I'm not sure how you can't tell if the new hilt is better. Just look at it and compare?

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
3 - 12-24-2011, 15:10
You may need to go into settings and enable detailed item stats in the UI. It is off by default.

SL83
VeteranXV
Old
4 - 12-24-2011, 15:26
Yeah - I just did that and it's a bit more helpful.

I think what I was really looking for was a total stat change like you get when you hover over a piece of armor and it compares the two and tells you the overal change in stats.

Die Hard
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
5 - 12-25-2011, 10:20
The Rating on the Hilt determines the damage your saber do, same with the rating on Armoring plates that determines the amount of armor your gear gets. Mod, enchancements are just there for stats and crystal determines the color of the saber along with some added stats of course.

Excel
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
6 - 12-25-2011, 10:53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Die Hard View Post
The Rating on the Hilt determines the damage your saber do, same with the rating on Armoring plates that determines the amount of armor your gear gets. Mod, enchancements are just there for stats and crystal determines the color of the saber along with some added stats of course.
I did not know this, I thought base damage/armor was tied directly to the item and couldnt change. Cool.

Senty
VeteranXX
Old
7 - 12-26-2011, 00:12
Yup, so you can keep that first weapon all through the game

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
8 - 12-27-2011, 09:26
Yeah don't sell your orange items. They're basically heirlooms.

WildKnight
VeteranXV
Old
9 - 12-27-2011, 10:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Die Hard View Post
The Rating on the Hilt determines the damage your saber do, same with the rating on Armoring plates that determines the amount of armor your gear gets. Mod, enhancements are just there for stats and crystal determines the color of the saber along with some added stats of course.
one thing to add to that, hilts/barrels/armor do increace the armor/damage values. but the actual item itself also determines it.

eg

a 80 rating hilt will always have a higher damage rating on a double bladed saber, compared to a normal one.
a 80 barrel will do more damage on a sniper rifle than assault cannon than blaster rifle than blaster pistol.

and a light piece of armor with an 80 mod will receive less armor than a heavy piece with the same mod.

so if you are looking to mod for selling remember those rules to make the most profit.

Atreides
VeteranXV
Old
10 - 12-27-2011, 11:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildKnight View Post
one thing to add to that, hilts/barrels/armor do increace the armor/damage values. but the actual item itself also determines it.

eg

a 80 rating hilt will always have a higher damage rating on a double bladed saber, compared to a normal one.
a 80 barrel will do more damage on a sniper rifle than assault cannon than blaster rifle than blaster pistol.

and a light piece of armor with an 80 mod will receive less armor than a heavy piece with the same mod.

so if you are looking to mod for selling remember those rules to make the most profit.
I think you've over analyzed what's going on here. Remember that each class has 1 primary stat, and typically 1 primary armor type and 1 primary weapon type. You only need to put a mod in the right piece of gear. ie; put +cunning mods in IA gear, +willpower in inq gear, etc. in order to "make the most profit"

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > The Archives > Star Wars: The Old Republic
Reload this Page Lightsaber Modding

Social Website Bullshit