Tribes3(omfg it's not t3 it's just the NEXT game! whatever, stfu) open beta by UVA5?

ZProtoss said:
I'll translate what locke is saying for you flatscan so maybe you can understand. He's saying that an open beta in such an early stage (uva 5), would do more to harm the game than help it. Having a large abundance of serious bugs when "GameSpyDuDezor9" dls it, if he keeps crashing, not only will he not be submitting those bugs, but he'll probably be turned off from the game forever.

I agree with this sentiment and have stated as much. This is why I maintained that Locke and I don't disagree that much. For some reason, however, he feels the need to pull out his "Mr. Internet Tough Guy" persona and attack my reading comprehensions skills. This is comical when its him that's missing the point.

If T3's not playable by UVA, don't open it. As it becomes more playable, open it up more - but do open it.

ZProtoss said:
As far as TR2 beta testers and playing the game is concerned. A fair amount of beta testers did pub the game for 1-2 weeks after it was out, however people in pubs were extremely stupid as a whole. TR2 was not a pub game at all, since when your team sucked you had total frustration, even more so when people are too stubborn to learn in a quick manner. So don't blame the TR2 beta testers for "not pubbing/supporting the game", after it came out. Pubbing after TR2 came out was pure hell.

Pubbing TR2 was always dicey. At first it did hugely suck as people just clustered the flag and dmd. It got hugely better. If you had hung around for 4 weeks, you would have been pleasantly surprised I'm sure.

What's done is done, however. Hopefully T3 will package things such that people can come up the curve in a time frame consistent with people's lack of patience (i.e. lots of training and good skill-oriented demos).

Back