Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Midair Alpha Launching 26th March
Page 15 of 21
TypicallyTerrible
Veteran++
Old
281 - 09-01-2017, 19:46
UE4 allows modding. The business model on the other hand...

Modding: Adding mod-support to your Unreal Engine 4 project - Epic Wiki

Sponsored Links
T2-JesusChrist
Veteran++
Old
282 - 09-01-2017, 19:53
Quote:
Originally Posted by TypicallyTerrible View Post
UE4 allows modding. The business model on the other hand...

Modding: Adding mod-support to your Unreal Engine 4 project - Epic Wiki
My bad here. I shoud've said "hard to mod" instead, also thanks to their business model too not just the engine, of course.

Deceptikon
VeteranXX
Old
283 - 09-01-2017, 23:02
base is really terrible and LT is alright

Liquid
VeteranXV
Old
284 - 09-01-2017, 23:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pumpkin King View Post
Yup, and now I'm on a forum 16 years later talking about a new "Tribes" game where the Ctrl-K suicide button has been rebound to the "W" forward key.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4m4lnjxkY

If you were on that team, you were probably a cool guy that I liked a lot... hats off to you.
I haven't even checked TW since T2.

My memory is foggy but I remember Agno, Sadi, cookie, and GLD being on that team. I either went by x0lent, AbodeDunce, or LoneChaser. I did change it between games.

Anyway, I hope all is well.

Liquid
VeteranXV
Old
285 - 09-01-2017, 23:44
By the way, I'll still never get over the Princesses beating us poor M&MS in Arena. Trolky, trew, AJ, and I just getting torn up.

Dutch
VeteranXX
Old
286 - 09-01-2017, 23:47
another game that will be enveloped by the insecure self labeled hot shots

you going nowheres

The Pumpkin King
VeteranXX
Old
287 - 09-02-2017, 06:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid View Post
By the way, I'll still never get over the Princesses beating us poor M&MS in Arena. Trolky, trew, AJ, and I just getting torn up.
Those were some ridiculously good gaming times man. I remember you x0lent. Much love friend.

The Pumpkin King
VeteranXX
Old
288 - 09-02-2017, 07:35
I'm not trying to be intentionally inflammatory, but just being very real about it, nobody wants to play a much ****tier version of a 17 year old game.

It's like, hey guys, remember Half-Life deathmatch from 1999? We're gonna make a new one that just isn't as good as what they came up with 2 decades ago. Pretty much everything about it is worse. Aren't you excited?

If you try to sell yellow tea to a beer drinker, or shredded basil leaves to a pothead, they're just going to be like "wtf is this crap?"

Yeah, you can take some of their money, but they are just going to go somewhere else after. They are never in a million years going to stoop to finding your inferior imitation product satisfactory, not after tasting and enjoying the real thing for so long.

Nobody wants to play any of this "newer easier" or whatever completely different trash. No skiing, grappling hooks, new EZ skiing, I mean, whatever...

All of it sucks.

All of the sequels suck and it's just a running joke at this point.

The only thing the community needed was a crisper and updated version of Starsiege: Tribes (New maps, less bugs, cheat-proofing, etc).

And developers absolutely refuse to give us that out of their own pride, because they all feel they can improve on it and re-invent the wheel.

"We are going to make soccer even better! We're gonna have an EVEN BIGGER BALL! And now you can use your hands too to make it easier for newer players!"

Apparently every Tribes sequel developer in existence lacks the humility to admit "Hey wow, Tribes 1 ruled and was freakishly good with not a lot to improve upon. We should remake it how it was."

The formula has always been right there sitting on a platter for anyone to snatch up, but there were no takers. They'd rather tell us what we are supposed to enjoy, which doesn't ever work.

Yup, Tribes sucked buttcheese. It needs new skiing, new weapons, new terrain, new balance, new flag huds, new everything, bla bla bla. Seen it all like 3 times before.

We're all playing PubG or whatever now. No one cares anymore.

This game will be more or less completely ignored, cus there's no reason to turn it on. There are way too many highly entertaining games out there now.

Most people turning on this game are just going to think "Oh hey wow, I remember when I played a game that resembled this one that was way more fun and far superior in every way 17 years ago."

And pretty much everyone that is going to make some upset remark towards me actually deep down agrees with me.

They'd rather be playing an updated version of Tribes 1 too. (to be super technical, some will want Tribes 2 with post-game-failure community modded skiing AKA classic).

Starsiege Tribes was the best game ever made. It's too bad no one cashed in on it with a true sequel.

"But PK, u so wrong and u so stupid u living in the past and u know nuffin!"

Whatever guy, you'd rather be playing T1 too. That game was sickkk and the best one and you know this.

The only people living in the past are the ones that think that any new sequel is going to be any good.

There is pretty much nothing anyone can say that isn't regurgitated crap from 2001, 2004, 2012, etc. It's all been said before. A fourth time for this to happen? lol... It's so excessive and unnecessary at this point. The whole world has moved on.

I'd rather play board games in a comic book uber nerd shop with that guy from the Southpark Episode Make Love Not Warcraft than play these fake Tribes games anymore.

My advice to Archetype studios is to throw away all your plans and ideas and make a Tribes 1 clone as absolutely replica as you can.

Is that going to happen? We all know it is not...

None of this discussion even matters anyway.

It was fun to rant though...

buize
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
289 - 09-02-2017, 08:33
d

Last edited by buize; 08-05-2022 at 02:23..
Dutch
VeteranXX
Old
290 - 09-02-2017, 08:56
yeah pumpkin king we get it.. you joined late lt days and accused everyone of cheating (including me)

i would be pissed too

Rev_Night
WelchesXV
Old
291 - 09-02-2017, 10:38
jc tpk calm down bro

HypnosisFX
VeteranXX
Old
292 - 09-02-2017, 10:40
So i hear servers only having 25 players at peak times...makes it not kind of worth buying it.

Rev_Night
WelchesXV
Old
293 - 09-02-2017, 11:10
its a closed beta. yeah sorry for not having 5000 concurrent people

Ickz
VeteranXX
Old
294 - 09-02-2017, 11:55
They should've went full competitive/esports style with the game - matchmaking, ladders, etc. No one cares about joining servers from a server list anymore - except maybe the people still living in the past playing a 20 year old game or whatever. Competitive games is what's popular/sells now. This game is obviously going nowhere, especially not with an average of 20-30 players online - I don't think I've ever heard of a newly launched game come back from that (early access or not).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_Night View Post
It's early access for all intents and purposes - and plenty of other games are super popular in that same period of release (pubg says hi)

Last edited by Ickz; 09-02-2017 at 11:58..
DeadlyRabbit
VeteranXV
Old
295 - 09-02-2017, 11:59
Quote:
Based on their kick starter about 1000 people paid enough to be in closed beta, on the first day of the closed beta I was playing they might have gotten to 100 people on their peak, 10% of the people that payed. By the next day there were a lot less.

It must be ****ty for the people that put hundreds or even thousands into a game that nobody plays. For a game that has been in development this long and is just a copy of another game it should be more refined. Did they put a few hours of work into this a week and blew the money.

I would guess the people that defend the game put a decent amount of money into it and feel they convinced themselves the game is good to not feel bad about blowing a bunch of money on vaporware.

Closed beta should have launched with 3-5 maps, and a more refined look and feel to the game. At least good enough that people that bought into closed beta could get friends to buy the game, but obviously it isn't good enough for that considering they are competing against Pubg and now Destiny 2 in the fps market. I paid the same for Pubg as I did for midair.

Odio
VeteranXV
Old
296 - 09-02-2017, 12:02
Quote:
Tribes: Vengeance closed beta didn't have a population issue.

Let that sink in.

[SHiN]AkumA
VeteranXV
Old
297 - 09-02-2017, 12:12
So the consensus from T1 players is to play T1 still?

DeadlyRabbit
VeteranXV
Old
298 - 09-02-2017, 12:25
I pretty sure the consensus is that people don't play tribes games anymore.

Zanthious
Tribalwar Admin
Old
299 - 09-02-2017, 13:03
no im pretty sure the consensus was this game failed terribly at marketing and even on steam they cant get people to be on the servers. Closed Beta yet its for sale for $30 and has a total of 14 reviews that are blatant tribes 1 fanboys.

Sorry guys but you could have solved the population problems with bots.. Thats how EVERYONE else does it. ppl see full servers but 7 dudes then more ppl join. No one is going to 2v2 on a server for an hour hoping to get people... People see a 4 man server and just close game.

Nicodemus
VeteranXX
Old
300 - 09-02-2017, 14:01
Only a T2 player would say bots are a good idea.

Oh...wait..

Page 15 of 21

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Midair Alpha Launching 26th March

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
alex dare levert , alex levert