Stations, inventory, generators, deployables.

Zoolooman

Veteran XV
I can't wait to learn a little bit more about the new stations/inventory/deployables/generator systems.

All four of these things come together into one whole.

The ease of killing the generator and what things the generator powers effect how useful they are.

The ease of killing the stations, how they work, and the inventory system ties into how busy a station is, how fast it pushes people through, and how useful it is in general.

The deployables play surrogate in some instances to the functions of a base. In this game, will there be such a powerful deployable, like the T2 inventory station, or will it be broken down into a group of smaller deployables.

Right now, I can see two stations in the shots. An "armory" which has 4 access points (4 at a time?) and dispenses inventory.

But I don't think it dispenses health.

Because there is another station. The repair station. Does this regenerate health and not ammunition?

Do we need to make two station visits for a complete refresh? If so, are these stations faster than in the older games, so that someone can refresh quickly by popping by a repair and then an armory station?

Even more interesting. Do we have to deploy two stations to create a complete refresh in the field?

Do health kits get distributed (or are they even in the game?) by the repair station or the armory station? If they come from the armory station, could one theoretically buy a bunch of repair kits and heal up without going to a repair station?

What do people think?

I read from somewhere that you cant get deployables from inv station like in previous games, instead you pick them up from some room or something. Not sure about this, but would be nice if this "Deployable room" would be sealed in multiplayer when there isnt enough players in the server, and it would open later when more ppl join the server. :)

~

Cept the repair station on the right = busted!

damagedrepair.jpg

If you can blow them up, I doubt they dispense repair packs when the base is busted.

Sir Lucius said:
Ya, those Imperial jet packs are elite :]

Dude I am all for huge blasting jets flaming out of my ass: kinda like when I eat Mexican just with more explosions. Seriously though I want some big hulking jetpack effects to make me feel super-cool as I blast away from my base in 3rd person mode to admire my lean backside.

Zoolooman said:
Right now, I can see two stations in the shots. An "armory" which has 4 access points (4 at a time?) and dispenses inventory.
If you look at the screenshot, it only services one at a time. The little viewer thing on top spins around to to service all four sides, but there is only one viewer.

Void|deadjawa said:
If you look at the screenshot, it only services one at a time. The little viewer thing on top spins around to to service all four sides, but there is only one viewer.

I noticed that too, and was wondering if that's how it actually works.

Shinigami said:
I love all of the armor models so far.

I like all of them except for the black heavy model shown in the CGM article. It just looks... outdated... not nearly on par with the other new models IMO.

|MrSniper|Nyx said:
Dude I am all for huge blasting jets flaming out of my ass: kinda like when I eat Mexican just with more explosions. Seriously though I want some big hulking jetpack effects to make me feel super-cool as I blast away from my base in 3rd person mode to admire my lean backside.

Yep, I have a feeling the jetting effect is going to be a dead position give-away. Even out of sensor range -- no senaking around kind of think.

I also suspect the heavy jet effect is going to be significantly more impressive. With the larger models heavy offense is going to look like angels of death comming of the hills firing off mortar rounds of doom.

Back