Customizable Armour Idea

orbital 123

Veteran XX
Customizable character models seems like a good idea to me. Offer two or three versions of backpacks, or varous armour parts for each tribe. Example being 2 or 3 different models of jetpacks for each of the three types or armour. It would make a lot more work(most likely), but would add a more personalizing feature to the game...I don't know. I just like the idea of that. I got it when I saw this. You could do the same for the helmet, etc...

edit: illegally copied image removed - Thrax

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm all for customizing armor, but I'm not sure what this armour stuff is.

On a more serious note, gimicky graphical stuff like this isn't really worth the time and effort it takes to create. Being able to customize your armor isn't what makes a game last a long time. Simply include the tools for modders to do it and you'll be fine.

orbital 123 said:
btw thrax, why is that illegally copied? Is it from a magazine? Cause I just found it on the web...
It's from the CGM article. The guys who own that site keep pestering me for an interview, but I think i'll pass forever now.

I don't know if they'd go as a far as cutom jetpacks per custom model of each custom tribe, but I wouldn't be surprised to maybe see differnt skins per tribes model you could select from. Cuz they'll probably have some sitting around left over from the sp game anways.

I don't know. Anyone can skin, but have like two different models lets say for each type of armour for each tribe, it isn't needed, but then neither is a lot of stuff that is put into the game. It just adds to the whole game atmousphere. Rather than cookie cutter models all over the place.

Sir Lucius said:
Well there is male and female I'm pretty sure.

Bah, I don't want to play a female. Anyways, I think it would be a cool idea, not needed, but so what, it's just an idea, if it could be done, then it would be neat.

I love playing as the female armors :rainbow:

If I'm going to be capping a falg, I'd damn better look good while doing it
icon11.gif

Back