T:V excited or no? how does the outlook... look?

Yogi said:
You're excited? Feel these nipples!

NIPPLE CRIPPLE!!!

Yeah T:V is gonna be a pre-order as soon as phyiscally possible after playing beta whether I like the game or not. Hell, it might be a "make a trip to canberra to rip off some IG signage for a price for some TW comp" yet ;)

Lexor said:
expectations seem really high for T:V... which is what I was cautioning about in my previous post.
The only place expectations are high is here, on Tribalwar. And I dont think we need a warning about getting too excited. We're all gamers here, we know what to expect. We're not retards :eek:

I agree...I think they have a pretty solid release date. Although Thrax is in the position to be "in the know" more than any of us are...heh.

anyway....yogi nailed it....nipples TO THE XXXXTREME.

Lexor said:
..... brings us closer to photo-realism, runs on 800mhz boxes, is pretty much guaranteed to be the #1 online PC game, possibly crushing DOOM 3... has vehicles... and is releasing in the fall...

1. awesome gfx's, any better then UT's...naw.

2. runs on a 800 mhz....lol uhhh not. u r high if u believe that. min specs for that will be 2ghz ( i mean for anytype of realistc/enjoyable play)

3. T:V will beat HL for game of the year.....

4. birth of " They hosed HL2" army and the HL'1' forever cult.

I'm an admitted Tribes fanboy too. I play anything else and I'm just sitting there thinking "Why can't I fly? Why can't I ski? Why ain't I playing Tribes where I can fly & ski?"

Tribes to me = incredible freedom and speed in objective oriented competition

Everything else = two dimensional fragfest - run/shoot/die repeat

So all my gaming interest is tied up in T:V being good. From what I've seen and heard, I'm excited. My only complaint is some of the stuff looks too dark & murky like T2. Admittedly this is probably mood setting for the single player, but it gets depressing for multiplayer. Hopefully multi will be brighter.

Buk Naked said:
I'm an admitted Tribes fanboy too. I play anything else and I'm just sitting there thinking "Why can't I fly? Why can't I ski? Why ain't I playing Tribes where I can fly & ski?"

Tribes to me = incredible freedom and speed in objective oriented competition

Everything else = two dimensional fragfest - run/shoot/die repeat

So all my gaming interest is tied up in T:V being good. From what I've seen and heard, I'm excited. My only complaint is some of the stuff looks too dark & murky like T2. Admittedly this is probably mood setting for the single player, but it gets depressing for multiplayer. Hopefully multi will be brighter.

tm_m11_shot00099.jpg

tm_m11_shot00007.jpg

tommorows tribes forecast: bright & cheery

Sir Lucius said:
would it eh?

But I suspect HL2 wins 2003

can games win 2 years in a row?
No, and normally if a game is very good, they will make sure it gets in the year it was released. Its a little like the oscars, good games get put on the fast track.

Oh, and it depends on the magazine too.

EDIT: That got me to thinking, why isnt there a video game awards show? With a market almost as large as the movie market, youd think someone would have tried that by now.

Lexor said:
...and Thrax, I have a place for Tribes:Vengeance beside the spot I saved for Duke Nuke'em Forever and Tribes: Fast Attack ;)
This is a nonsensical reply to my whitty retort. Vengeance is not supposed to be out soon. TFA was officially canceled. Duke Nuke'em is not a title I work on, or even one that has something remotely to do with Sierra or VU Games. Please edit in a better snappy comeback.

Void|deadjawa said:
That got me to thinking, why isnt there a video game awards show? With a market almost as large as the movie market, youd think someone would have tried that by now.
Quick comparison. Which would you rather see at an awards show:

lopez.jpg

...or...

John%20Carmack.jpg

Thrax Panda said:
This is a nonsensical reply to my whitty retort. Vengeance is not supposed to be out soon. TFA was officially canceled. Duke Nuke'em is not a title I work on, or even one that has something remotely to do with Sierra or VU Games. Please edit in a better snappy comeback.

my point is that plenty of games are announced... what was yours ?

oh ya, you seem to think HL2 is vapourware. let's see who has the last witty retort on this one. now go edit-in the right spelling of witty in your hasty reply Thrax.. and then get back to work ;)

HL was so popular because you could play it on a graphics calculator (seemed at least).

this wont be the case w/ HL2.

when all those hicks & rednecks have to buy modern machines ( as in replace there p2 300's w/ vodoo's) & cancel AOL..... u will see a diffrent tune.

Back