What the future holds for us.

Yeah, I can remember being in observer watching cappers, or sitting on the RC base trying to learn how to lead with a sniper rifle. People really were alot more friendly back then.

RedSpider(Real) said:
Yeah, I can remember being in observer watching cappers, or sitting on the RC base trying to learn how to lead with a sniper rifle. People really were alot more friendly back then.

Yeah, but now the current bastardized community (i say bastardized because most of the people playing T1 were never influential players anyway) all have the "BOOT THE NEWBIE" mentality. Its not unheard of to get booted from a server for repairing a station on a "clusterfuck map", not calling flag grabs, or O sniping.

We need the real Tribes people to put some time in effort into making a newbie friendly community that supports small bands of teams struggling to make a place for themselves on the ladder. Its up to people like Ceiling Fan, The Red Dread, and other respectable server admins to only give people SAD who actually care about the game. If we want Tribes to survive, we need the newbies to do well. Who knows, someday they may challenge our spots on top of the ladder.

I dont want to go off on a rant, but this got me thinking. Maps like stonehengePUB are so fucking stupid. Why is making everyone play the game the way you want it to be played more fun?? Clusterfuck != fun. Its so vanilla. This is one of the major reasons why i dont pub any more.

Great post special, I remember learning Tribes on my own and spending half an hour (seriously :() trying to figure out how to deploy a turret. Dunno why i kept going, it was the first game that really hooked me instantly.

I could'nt agree more on that we need to be helpfull to new players. It seemed to me that the T2 community, for some reason, NEVER really had that. And by now both T1 and T2 seems like a bunch of grumpy old guys who don't really care much for new players entering the scene. We need to put all that behind us, I atleast hope we will.

I absolutely agree. I definately wouldn't have stuck with the game as long as I had if I didn't get adopted by a little known tribe the summer of '99. They showed me the ropes and granted I was stuck as turret/repair bitch on the first few matches of OGL, but I learned so much that it became like crack. I would practice HO and shit, find the latest routes and scripts, show up for every practice and scrim just because there was so much to learn and figure out just to keep up. Why they picked me up, I have no idea... I fucking sucked.

Void|deadjawa said:
I dont want to go off on a rant, but this got me thinking. Maps like stonehengePUB are so fucking stupid. Why is making everyone play the game the way you want it to be played more fun?? Clusterfuck != fun. Its so vanilla. This is one of the major reasons why i dont pub any more.

I think the idea of shpub wasn't so much that they don't want players using loadouts as it is not wanting your entire team wasting their time at a vain effort of holding the base.

I think cluster is fun myself though....not that shpub is really much cluster, but it is probably my favorite map to play on a pub.

Back