Body Block + Ragdoll Physics?

I hated that fire on death in T1 (unless I was HOing) because it meant you could stop a heavy dead and he could still damage you and anything you put out. It happened way too often IMO, should have been more random, I doubt your trigger finger would get locked in a death grip 6/10 times. Randomness is not great IMO, look at discable flags in T2. Seemed like a great idea and really realistic, but in base they were so bouncy that a lot of flag battles in the field were insanely random. Skill should define the outcome not getting hit by a the proverbial (or literal in the case of T2) lightning bolt.

Thrax Panda said:
That's our current thinking, but there may still be some strangeness. If you can't guarantee that a body is in the same place from client to client then you have to make it not effect play in any way, so a dead body would have to pass thru players in that case. If we solve the problems it could be cool to have a dead heavy spinning across a flag stand and scattering LD like 10-pins. :)
:rofl: i can imagine skiing at 1000miles/hr and suddenly my teammate 20 foot infront of me dies and falls, and i fucking trip over him and go flying face down lmao.

Thrax Panda said:
That's our current thinking, but there may still be some strangeness. If you can't guarantee that a body is in the same place from client to client then you have to make it not effect play in any way, so a dead body would have to pass thru players in that case. If we solve the problems it could be cool to have a dead heavy spinning across a flag stand and scattering LD like 10-pins. :)

This would make me shit my pants with laughter. Please find a way :)

Back