Loading a canoe for camping: Fiberglass versus aluminum

environmental disaster lol, watch that vice documentary on libya and get a real perspective on disaster. I rather be a flea on a dog than a human living there

That thing tips and it turns the local area into Liberia. I'm assuming you meant Liberia.

TkF9OK1.jpg

So many clempson taters were over the moon about their generosity showing up in a Vice vid. fuck dabo and his gov't salary. fuck clempson.

These campsites are literally located on islands in the middle of a lake. They are booked solid throughout the year so they're picked clean of firewood, and it's not permitted to chop your own even if you can find dry wood. So yes, hauling firewood is a necessity.

We carried most of the supplies for 4 people. I only do rugged outdoorsy trips like this once every 3ish years so it's not worth buying gear that is used exclusively for camping. Whatever was packed in the Amazon box was worth bringing, we were set up very nicely for 4 days. A good time was had by all, and the return trip was much lighter.

oh well tbf when you were talking about having to use a boat for x miles to go to ur camping spot it didnt sound like u rented some dirt hotel in BFE.

SO yeh i guess if your gunna buy a space to "camp" for a week i can see why you need 80 things to survive lol.

When I go camping I head out into the woods with a german Shepherd, a gallon of vodka, and a box of Cheerios.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if this is yours I honestly recommend you stick to aluminum

Spoiler
You would be eating my wake if we raced bro. Look dudes, this shit was tetris'd together and well ballasted with only light cargo above the gunnels. This is expert level jury-rigging at its finest. Sure, we were only an inch or two from capsizing at times, but we didn't. Beer was had, pillows were rested upon, and Amazon boxes were ceremonially burned in the name of Lord Bezos.

Also, "canoeists". God.

When I go camping I head out into the woods with a german Shepherd, a gallon of vodka, and a box of Cheerios.

Pfft. I am like the invasion of Normandy. Nothing gets left behind! (I also "camp" in a rent camper with AC, a TV.... and wifi. The working toilet is a bonus, you savages)

You would be eating my wake if we raced bro. Look dudes, this shit was tetris'd together and well ballasted with only light cargo above the gunnels. This is expert level jury-rigging at its finest. Sure, we were only an inch or two from capsizing at times, but we didn't. Beer was had, pillows were rested upon, and Amazon boxes were ceremonially burned in the name of Lord Bezos.

Also, "canoeists". God.

seriously.

who brought luggage with wheels on your canoe

Its good to just get away and unplug. I read an article that says people greatly benefit from about 3 days of unplugging

why do u need that much shit to go camping.

this.

Might as well bring a generator and your tv while you are at it. ffs

Edit: I love to camp. When I go camping alls I take is hatchet, knife, flint/striker, fishing pole, and whatever book I am reading at the time. Nature provides the rest. Even tho I do have a 4 man coleman tent, and all the bells/whistles. That I leave in the shed because that stuff defeats the actual purpose of camping to begin with.

Last edited:
this.

Might as well bring a generator and your tv while you are at it. ffs

Edit: I love to camp. When I go camping alls I take is hatchet, knife, flint/striker, fishing pole, and whatever book I am reading at the time. Nature provides the rest. Even tho I do have a 4 man coleman tent, and all the bells/whistles. That I leave in the shed because that stuff defeats the actual purpose of camping to begin with.

Where do you sleep? I pack light (< 20lbs) but I have a hammock for sleeping.

Where do you sleep? I pack light (< 20lbs) but I have a hammock for sleeping.

On the bed I build in the shelter I build thanks to no shortage of trees. Yeah light packing is best packing.

EDIT: Here. Basically this is what I do. Little note. If you piss on the support poles near the base of them the bugs dont climb up them.

Last edited:
gr8 wyte trash cuckthred upd8 ascotia ya fukn pussyass disgr8c 2 ya own race frenz n famly dat betta off ded smdh lol :jester:

we call this breakfast

Tehvul you're smoking meth again nobody believes that for a second. Post a video of your shelter building skillz or stfu.

Back