Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Fusion power? YOU BET!
Page 18 of 33
Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
341 - 06-17-2011, 13:35
i dunno
about the same i feel about the US backing off wholly from a really good space policy in favor of blowing **** up in africa and the middle east for a commodity that we could be completely independent of in 10 years with proper investment into electric cars and fusion power/other ****

Sponsored Links
Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
342 - 06-17-2011, 13:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggi View Post
fusion in 2050

dow 4000

power 9000
if wb-8 and 8.1 are a success, and so far they are showing positive outcomes, the science team thinks they can get a demo up in 6 years, and have a working station by in at most another 6, at 2.5 cents a kw/h

fusion by 2022

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
343 - 06-17-2011, 16:04
hey s

izod
VeteranXV
Old
344 - 06-17-2011, 16:30
Its the quarterly updates

bobett
VeteranXV
Old
345 - 06-17-2011, 16:44
I'm a 3rd year physics major and just completed an upper division course on Nuclear power, and I'm gonna call bull**** on this. My guess is that this guy is hugely exaggerating his progress in order to get more funding.
Everything I've read/studied has said that reliable self-sustainable fusion reactions are still ~50 years away. We've been able to create fusion reactions for decades--the problem is that they always require more energy input than you get out for a controlled reaction

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
346 - 06-17-2011, 17:15
alright bobett

read the entire thread and follow the links

if you have any questions after that, ask away and i'll be happy to help with more materials

Eggi
VeteranXX
Old
347 - 06-17-2011, 17:25
this reminds me of that cancer thread that ptavv owned the other day

but thats ok physics never hurt anyone

i am willing to wager $50 that ITER is the program that has success and it wont be until 2030 that they have a functioning fusion reactor prototype

commercial fusion in 2050 right before i die yeah

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
348 - 06-17-2011, 17:27
I wager working Polywell in 2012, with a demo reactor no later than 2020. I also place a side bet against ITER working or at least ever being able to generate positive power

also link to ptavv cancer owned thread

bobett
VeteranXV
Old
349 - 06-17-2011, 17:45
I've already read the first page of this thread, it'll take me some time to read through the rest. I admit I'm nowhere near qualified to discuss this, but my point was that people who ARE qualified would disagree with the claim of this article.

One thing I already don't understand though: you mentioned that it uses Boron as fuel. As far as I know, every fusion reaction uses isotopes of hydrogen, ie either tritium or deuterium. Have they actually gotten the Boron to work, or is that a theoretical fuel source?

izod
VeteranXV
Old
350 - 06-17-2011, 17:56
Bobbett, goshin is a home owners insurance adjuster. Fyi.

Eggi
VeteranXX
Old
351 - 06-17-2011, 18:08
get a job borans

izod
VeteranXV
Old
352 - 06-17-2011, 18:11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggi View Post
get a job borans
No wonder the 787 is so far behind schedule, eggi just whores on tdub all day

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
353 - 06-17-2011, 18:26
awww damn called out!

i guess i should be like 99% of people and not have any interests outsite of my job

oh wait that sounds like a waste of a life

and eggi is ruining the 787
it's my DREAM liner

one other thing, i may not be the PHD leading the experiments, but i sure as **** know more about it than you, and most importantly, where to find documentation to substantiate (sp) whatever

Durak
VeteranXV
Old
354 - 06-17-2011, 18:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobett View Post
I've already read the first page of this thread, it'll take me some time to read through the rest. I admit I'm nowhere near qualified to discuss this, but my point was that people who ARE qualified would disagree with the claim of this article.

One thing I already don't understand though: you mentioned that it uses Boron as fuel. As far as I know, every fusion reaction uses isotopes of hydrogen, ie either tritium or deuterium. Have they actually gotten the Boron to work, or is that a theoretical fuel source?
don't question goshin on the actual scientific basis behind his predictions, he can only regurgitate what he reads online and his opinions are of course the opinions of "sources" he uses

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
355 - 06-17-2011, 18:30
"sources"

dont trust the actual scientists doing the work
dont trust peer reviewed published papers!

DONT TRUST ANYTHING ITS ALL GOVERNMENT CONSPIRACY!!!!!

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
356 - 06-17-2011, 18:34
Quote:
The Quarterly Recovery.gov report for January 1 - March 31, 2011 states, "As of 1Q/2011, the WB-8 device operates as designed and it is generating positive results. EMC2 is planning to conduct comprehensive experiments on WB-8 in the next 9-12 months based on the current contract funding schedule."[42] Further confirmation of the departure of Dr. Rick Nebel from the project appears with an update to his LinkedIn profile where he states he is now an "Indepedent Research Professional" in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Dr. Jaeyoung Park's LinkedIn profile now lists him as the acting CEO/President of Energy/Matter Conversion Corp. (EMC2)[43].

In a recent interview when referring to WB-8, Dr Park commented that This machine should be able to generate 1,000 times more nuclear activity than WB-7, with about eight times more magnetic field...We'll call that a good success. That means we're on track with the scaling law.. Dr Park also made reference to the Navy's position on the possible future usage of successful polywell technology, saying that currently all our funding comes from the Navy...that's our customer. Our customer desired that we keep most of our progress confidential. ... They're somewhat concerned about making too much hype without delivering an actual product...Our understanding is they want us to be successful...They want us to provide something for our sponsors. They also want us to do well commercially as well, as long as we remain US-owned and control the technology
The navy has an add on contract after wb-8 has been finished out, to create what they call is the wb-8.1
Quote:
Of particular importance within the Navy contract is the option for an additional $4.46M for "...based on the results of WB8 testing, and the availability of government funds the contractor shall develop a WB machine (WB8.1) which incorporates the knowledge and improvements gained in WB8. It is expected that higher ion drive capabilities will be added, and that a ***8220;PB11***8221; reaction will be demonstrated
they gave that a 6 month lead after the main project, so more on that end of 2012 hopefully

izod
VeteranXV
Old
357 - 06-17-2011, 18:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
awww damn called out!

i guess i should be like 99% of people and not have any interests outsite of my job

oh wait that sounds like a waste of a life

and eggi is ruining the 787
it's my DREAM liner

one other thing, i may not be the PHD leading the experiments, but i sure as **** know more about it than you, and most importantly, where to find documentation to substantiate (sp) whatever
Woah woah woah, easy buddy. I was just letting bobbett know that you may not be able to discuss some intricacies. I like space and stuff too, and this thread was fun.

-=TTC=-Serpreme
VeteranXV
Old
358 - 06-17-2011, 19:31
izod i hate your clothing and i hate your face. die.

Sircle
The Man ShowX
Contributor
Old
359 - 06-17-2011, 19:33

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
360 - 06-17-2011, 19:34
my bad izod

i'm a little defensive about that topic "lol you arent a scientist what do you know!"

anyway, glad you liked the thread. It'll be cooler when i can update this with a story with some real meat on it

Page 18 of 33

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Fusion power? YOU BET!

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
chrisperger johnson , goshin , goshin fucks men , goshin is unhappy irl , goshin science lesson , shirtless fatty , shit thread shit poster , tokamak is best