Christmas cooking presents

jjwtay

Veteran XV
Any awesome presents that need to be shared? Here's what I ended up with this year

Sweet new meat grinder. I needed a new one because the kitchenaid one blows and we're pretty sure it's what destroyed our original mixer.

http://www.amazon.com/LEM-Products-...d=1419625270&sr=8-2&keywords=lem+meat+grinder

The new immersion circulator from anova. We've loved their original so much that we wanted a second one and this one's nice because the part that hooks onto the pot slides so you can do small or large containers easily.

Anova Culinary | Anova Precision Cooker

I also ended up with 30 lbs of halibut from a friend of the families trip to alaska so if anyone has a halibut recipe that's amazing please share.

Yah well we'd do about 20 lbs at a time which isn't a whole lot more we just felt it was smudging meat more than grinding it and then the kitchenaid got warped and we assume it was from me bearing down on it like an idiot but either way. Now this thing grinds meat faster than i can feed it in shooting it out like a rocket.

kitchenaid grinder is great. trick is to cut small chunks and plunge it one piece at a time so you don't create suction. can run it at highest speed if you do that.

sausage stuffer is a total joke though. fuck that thing.

Ya I have one that I think is the exact same made by Grizzly. I don't think LEM actually makes anything themselves so I'm pretty sure it's the same. We've used it for years and it's great I only wish it was a 10lb capacity because even using 5lbs I have to backup a little bit in and pack in the last handful or so.

I would smoke some halibut (lesser cuts)

If you were lucky enough to get cheeks, enjoy those in the most simple prep you can.

And collars, I get from a fish monger hook-up for $4/lb (halibut typically is $24-30/lb) I make a fish stew, you can take it in any direction (thai, french, jamaican, etc) from there

Enjoy.

tic u r a disgusting fat fuck no 1 believes ne thing u say fat ass LOL

where did ppl get the idea that tic was fat from

like a bunch of people from toronto met him and he came 2 lan @ my house i think for our match vs Cats and no one would say he's fat

actually now that i think of it i dont think any triber i met from tdot was fat

it's a fast paced city, it's hard to get fat there

I would smoke some halibut (lesser cuts)

If you were lucky enough to get cheeks, enjoy those in the most simple prep you can.

And collars, I get from a fish monger hook-up for $4/lb (halibut typically is $24-30/lb) I make a fish stew, you can take it in any direction (thai, french, jamaican, etc) from there

Enjoy.

Or just get heads with the collars attached for $1/lb w/o any "hook-up."

Back