Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page The Orville Season 2
Page 5 of 12
The Magical Zoo
VeteranXV
Old
81 - 02-16-2019, 18:47
Pretty good episode. Interesting inversion, with the straight guy being persecuted by a society in which gay people are dominant. And we further explore Moclan culture and how messed up it is. I like the dark turn for Klyden. For a character used quite frequently for comic relief, it's impressive that when he does get used in a serious sense, it's always so dark and twisted. I did have it figured out way too quickly Lokar wasn't really dead.

A good showcase for Talla and I really could not imagine this storyline working with Alara. Also interesting that Talla comes from an outlier family for Xeleyans, one where serving in the military is actually a family tradition.

I really liked the end, Talla doing what is technically the right thing, even though it is also wrong, and she hates herself for it, or rather hates Klyden for making it happen.

Sponsored Links
Highfive
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
82 - 02-16-2019, 23:40
it was a **** episode and the new girl sucks and ur a ****** if you liked it

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
83 - 02-17-2019, 00:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highfive View Post
it was a **** episode and the new girl sucks and ur a ****** if you liked it

Alvarez
VeteranXX
Old
84 - 02-17-2019, 01:57
I don't love Talia in the show yet.... but she did well this epi and even though it was easy to figure out the trick early it was a good dramatic episode.

I love how Macfarlane hired an ex to replace an ex to show he had no problem working with an ex girlfriend lol

LGBR
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
85 - 02-17-2019, 03:52
the new girl sucks
ugly half****** with whiteface makeup

NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
86 - 02-17-2019, 07:26
Regarding ideas I was talking about a few messages ago... Just saw this movie on Prime.
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets - Wikipedia
In the middle, the main characters go to a market, which is in another dimension. Now that's what I'm talking about. That's what I think happens to us when we pass. Too bad the movie didn't make any money. I didn't even see it advertised here in the states (Made in France). It usually happens to Sci-Fi. A concept will be amazing yet the reviews are just ok. Even though the movie has so-so reviews, it's worth watching if you haven't seen it.

That's the kind of stuff I want to see on The Orville. They did it in season 1, now it's all drama. The other problem is there's no eye candy since Halston Sage left. Isaac looks like a robot when they could have made that a hot looking chick. Bortus, Klyden, and the kid are ugly Moclon looking creatures. Kelly is the only eye candy left, she's 35.

Last edited by NoGodForMe; 02-17-2019 at 07:45..
Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
87 - 02-17-2019, 08:57
dude who made 5th element made Valerian
its a pretty cool movie stylistically but it isnt as tight as 5th element

everyone should watch it that liked 5th element tho

cael
VeteranXX
Old
88 - 02-17-2019, 09:17
this show is bad

almost as bad as star trek discovery

if u like it ur a bad person

tyvm

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
89 - 02-17-2019, 11:22
I'll third Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets despite the obvious message about how terrible the military is. Overall it's pretty awesome.

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
90 - 02-17-2019, 12:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by cael View Post
this show is bad

almost as bad as star trek discovery

if u like it ur a bad person

tyvm
not even CLOSE to as bad as star trek discovery

that show is the worst piece of **** show i've ever seen

but this episode was definitely bad

Highfive
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
91 - 02-17-2019, 23:45
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGodForMe View Post
Regarding ideas I was talking about a few messages ago... Just saw this movie on Prime.
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets - Wikipedia
In the middle, the main characters go to a market, which is in another dimension. Now that's what I'm talking about. That's what I think happens to us when we pass. Too bad the movie didn't make any money. I didn't even see it advertised here in the states (Made in France). It usually happens to Sci-Fi. A concept will be amazing yet the reviews are just ok. Even though the movie has so-so reviews, it's worth watching if you haven't seen it.

That's the kind of stuff I want to see on The Orville. They did it in season 1, now it's all drama. The other problem is there's no eye candy since Halston Sage left. Isaac looks like a robot when they could have made that a hot looking chick. Bortus, Klyden, and the kid are ugly Moclon looking creatures. Kelly is the only eye candy left, she's 35.
fraid not bro. when you die it's just as before you were sentient. life is all biological and the spirit does not exist. that's literally believing in santa claus as an adult

NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
92 - 02-18-2019, 07:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
dude who made 5th element made Valerian
its a pretty cool movie stylistically but it isnt as tight as 5th element

everyone should watch it that liked 5th element tho
I watched 5th element from start to finish. You can see how Luc Besson evolved the world in Valerian to be huge with more graphics when it comes to the city scenes with the cars and space ships flying around in another dimension.

George Lucas did the same thing with Star Wars going back and making changes to the prequel movies in terms of the graphics (CGI). In an interview, he said that's the way they should have been.

With the Orville, what it seems they're doing is using the sets they have to save money or time (Bridge, Lounge, Holodeck, Shuttle Bay, Captain's quarters).

The Magical Zoo
VeteranXV
Old
93 - 02-18-2019, 18:07
I guess I'm in the minority on this episode, although I will say I am burned out on Moclan-focused episodes. No more please.

groove
VeteranXX
Old
94 - 02-18-2019, 18:23
valerian was cool visually but dane dehaan is no bruce willis

Ixiterra
VeteranXV
Old
95 - 02-18-2019, 18:23
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magical Zoo View Post
I guess I'm in the minority on this episode, although I will say I am burned out on Moclan-focused episodes. No more please.
Although this is probably the best-written and acted moclan episode, ALL of them feel particularly flat to me. The writers seem to be wanting to say something deep about modern sexuality, but the message is vapid and humorless. And it seems clear that there will not be some satisfying resolving arc to it either.

groove
VeteranXX
Old
96 - 02-18-2019, 18:29
s2 of discovery has been better than 1 imo but still kinda bleh altho i thought s2e2 was solid

very classic trek style and if every episode was like that it would be a really decent show

found out later that one episode was directed by frakes

apparently discovery is doing that stupid thing with different writers/directors in each episode

Highfive
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
97 - 02-18-2019, 19:48
no one cares about SJW STD bro this is about orville

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
98 - 02-19-2019, 01:34
Yeah, Discovery is getting better but goddamn those klingons suck.

Gandalf
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
99 - 02-19-2019, 11:54
Went back and rewatched the first season. So much better than this current abortion of a season. The stories were better. There was much more action. Funnier jokes. Better everything. There was only one meh episode (dr Finn and her bratty kids was ok, but I can***8217;t stand listening to whiny ****s). I have no idea wtf this season is, but I know it sucks.

Hellsfury
VeteranXX
Old
100 - 02-19-2019, 17:14
The Orville suddenly has a 100% Critics score on Rotten Tomatoes... up from Season 1's 26%.

Gee... what changed... why the sudden change of heart?

Could it be that Disney bought Fox?

Page 5 of 12

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page The Orville Season 2

Social Website Bullshit