[Official] Stanley Cup Playoffs and Predictions

rep as the best goalie to ever grace the planet earth yet has made the second round twice and won no awards?

grrrrrrr

that's the one, no reason for him to actually win something important.

fan boys have made him a legend in his own mind.

Brutal.

goalu.jpg

TSN even showed the above view at least 10 times where the puck was perpendicular to the line with white ice between the edge of the puck and the goal line.

oh i understand the issues that arise in southern california with the crazy amount of other things to do in the area as well as not enough opportunities to play hockey as a kid (though this is improving not only down there but up here in northern california which is cool). as much as it kills me to say it, the ducks are a team that should be embraced more by the locals & media outlets down there for all kinds of reasons that you already know. :)

san jose still isn't as enamored with the sharks as they can be though. playoff performance aside, even the largest newspaper in northern california (SF Chronicle/Examiner) is without a fucking sharks beat writer which is pretty sad.

Yeah. I'd like to see the media give hockey more attention. Hockey just keeps getting more prominent here. Anaheim Ice is flat out overbooked right now. They are going to be adding another rink, and they will still be overbooked. I love that shit.

But when it comes to the media, and the fans, they have a lot to distract them. Good hockey came in kind of late in California. The Kings have been far too sporadic, with very little to show for the 40+ years they've existed. Gretzky was a real step in the right direction, but that just didn't last. It's been the Ducks and the Sharks who have taken the spotlight from them, and they are still new teams, when all is said and done.

I think the worst part about California fans is they are fickle. You need to be successful team. That's really what it comes down to. If the team isn't winning, the fans have a lot of other things they can do, and other sports they can watch. Successful hockey just hasn't existed for very long in California, so the die-hards are fewer and farther between.

Jesus, finally the game ends with a quick and simple shot. I guess Osgood was just giving the Ducks a goal so he could rest up for the next 3 games, right Yetskii? He was too good to keep this game going and wearing his team out so he told them he was letting the first shot in if they don't score first.

That game never should have gone to regulation. I give props where they are due. Osgood out-played Hiller in this game. Hiller gave up two soft goals, and bad ones too. Anaheim was the better team for the majority of regulation, and by a fair margin. They should have won.

Game 1 wasn't so different, but it was closer(Detroit was much better halfway through the 3rd than Anaheim). Hiller gave up a softy on Lidstrom's 2nd goal.

This is what makes me uncomfortable about Hiller. San Jose did not challenge him nearly as much as they should have. Perimeter shots, and shots that Hiller clearly saw. Detroit is not making those mistakes, and things are slipping by Hiller.

the wings are lucky it's just 1-1 right now

i keep expecting the wheels to come off on anaheim but damn they are playing good. It's beginning to look like 2007 all over again

Anaheim has winners on their team. Top to bottom they are a team that knows how to play playoff hockey. That's why they beat San Jose. Detroit, on the other hand, knows how to play when it matters too... that's why this is such a big series.

Whoever comes out of this series might end up being the favorites(Obviously, Detroit will be either way).

Just read this on Sportsnet:

SPORTSNET.CA

The Minnesota Wild have started their search for a new general manager and have targeted former Leafs Pat Quinn and John Ferguson, as well as Pierre McGuire according to a Toronto newspaper report.

In Monday's Toronto Star it was reported that McGuire is expected to be interviewed by Wild owner Craig Leipold either Monday or Tuesday, and interivews will also happen wtih Quinn, Ferguson, Chuck Fletcher, player agent Neil Sheehy and others.

I know it's just the Toronto Star reporting it, but one can dream of getting McGuire away from telecasts and have him sitting in a box without a microphone.

Fuck that. I'd rather have McGuire get the fuck off tv. I am sick of his monsters shit and all the cocksucking he does.

i can't imagine why anyone would want to sign ferguson

it really makes you wonder about how the upper echelon of pro hockey works. i can't think of any other industry where you can be hired to do a job, destroy the company and losea bunch of money to really bad employees, get fired, and then be called in for interviews by other competing companies.

what does jfj's resume look like?

Back