The Orville Season 2

I didn't get to watch the episode last night, but I think you've missed my point. Halston Sage is hot. Damn hot. And she played that role perfectly, the spunky yet insecure female rookie officer with the smokin hot body. The new woman playing her part has none of the charm of Alara. Better? Smarter? Who cares?

:shrug:...it was a struggle to get through S2...I will probably give it another go once GoT is over..
Just finished S1. Will keep watching because S3 does have good reviews.
The pattern seems to be repeating. Chase, people die, main characters somehow get back to their ship and keep going, repeat.

What's missing from both shows (Oraville and Expanse) is eye candy (hot white females). Alara left, and Talla isn't the same. On the Expanse, there's no white females, the only one so far got blown up in the 1st episode. Always pushing the interracial stuff. I get it, but there's no eye candy.

And why are the black dudes always alien looking (Wharf and Bortus) with a mean attitude?

It might change next episode on the Oraville because Gordon meets someone.
Preview: Theres A Mysterious Love Aboard The Orville | Season 2 Ep. 11 | THE ORVILLE - YouTube
I'm going to watch that entire episode thinking she's a Krill.

Last edited:
Just finished S1. Will keep watching because S3 does have good reviews.
The pattern seems to be repeating. Chase, people die, main characters somehow get back to their ship and keep going, repeat.

What's missing from both shows (Oraville and Expanse) is eye candy (hot white females). Alara left, and Talla isn't the same. On the Expanse, there's no white females, the only one so far got blown up in the 1st episode. Always pushing the interracial stuff. I get it, but there's no eye candy.

And why are the black dudes always alien looking (Wharf and Bortus) with a mean attitude?

It might change next episode on the Oraville because Gordon meets someone.
Preview: Theres A Mysterious Love Aboard The Orville | Season 2 Ep. 11 | THE ORVILLE - YouTube
I'm going to watch that entire episode thinking she's a Krill.

Agreed. Gordon is by far my favorite character on Orville. I just read the S3 reviews on some episodes...seems worth a shot. Season 1 I loved, 2 notsomuch.....I could tell they were building to something, but did I care? Apparently, not.

Great episode. Didn't see that coming. The idea is unique, hasn't been on the other shows.

Spoiler

Last edited:
i felt bad for poor gordie
asks new girl on a date, but she goes out w Ed instead (and turns out 2 b Krill)
finds his best friend from way back in the day only to lose him in a suicidal rage
doods had it ruff this season

I really liked the episode. Seeing Tim Russ was great.

It didn't make a whole lot of sense for Gordon to be getting texts from the simulation while on duty though. If he's on duty, he's not running the sim, so it should be offline. There's no rationale for the computer to run his sim, even as a background task when he isn't in the sim, on a 24/7 basis.

I was also a bit disappointed in how bored and disinterested Ed and crew were at the "party." This is mainly because I don't feel it was built-up right. I get that they have to be disapproving of this infatuation, but regardless, they were all getting together to have a good time, and they should have made an effort to have a good time with each other. It would have been better to clearly demonstrate Gordon ignoring his friends for this hologram, then their reactions are much more justifiable.

As presented, I got the sense that they were all just embarrassed that they were even there, but there's nothing wrong with being at a party in the sim. It was pretty funny to hear Gordon say after they left 'oh, my friends really liked you'

Gordon was aboard the USS Enterprise 25 years ago.

When your spoof of Star Trek has a pedigree with more physical "Star Trek" in it than your competition which is supposed to be actual Star Trek.

I really liked the episode. Seeing Tim Russ was great.

It didn't make a whole lot of sense for Gordon to be getting texts from the simulation while on duty though. If he's on duty, he's not running the sim, so it should be offline. There's no rationale for the computer to run his sim, even as a background task when he isn't in the sim, on a 24/7 basis.

I was also a bit disappointed in how bored and disinterested Ed and crew were at the "party." This is mainly because I don't feel it was built-up right. I get that they have to be disapproving of this infatuation, but regardless, they were all getting together to have a good time, and they should have made an effort to have a good time with each other. It would have been better to clearly demonstrate Gordon ignoring his friends for this hologram, then their reactions are much more justifiable.

As presented, I got the sense that they were all just embarrassed that they were even there, but there's nothing wrong with being at a party in the sim. It was pretty funny to hear Gordon say after they left 'oh, my friends really liked you'

Yea I thought the same thing. I let it slide for the sake of comedy. Lets be honest pictionary is pretty much a living hell... so I accepted that heh.

I got a notification midweek about a world premiere music video from the orville and was like WTF??? I watched and it made no sense... at least the episode cleared that up heh.

meh episode def more drama then funny. Having trouble seeing Bordis and Kliven working out much further. Still better than STD tho :)

Agree, it was another Moclan episode. How many is that this year? 4? They just had a whole episode with them in the halodeck. The problem is there's no eye candy looking at them and all they do is argue. They were also pushing women's rights with the drama. Probably a tie in with the Dolly Parton references.

Back