The Drawing Thread

PyroTeknik said:
chefcook1.jpg

Part of last year's character concept assignment.

It just dawned on me that I haven't finished a single piece of work in over two years now that wasn't due for school. Kinda makes me sad :(

Check out some screens of the PS2 game "Bad Day LA"

It's pretty simaler with your style. The artist posts on EatPoo from time to time.

What's a good resolution for a scanner these days? (regular 8x11 size) I've been looking to pick up a decent one, old one crapped out.

Yeah, I've been working in IT for a year while trying to get some work together. About to get ready for another round of rejections. Yay!

pyrot3chnic said:
What's a good resolution for a scanner these days? (regular 8x11 size) I've been looking to pick up a decent one, old one crapped out.

I just got a Canon 8400F on ebay for a good price. I was not sure about all the different types of resolution (hardware, enhanced, optical) so I just looked for reviews and found the 8400 favorably reviewed.

All have some nice work guys...
This is what i am working on right now coloring...Coloring comic books pays well too...
ProjEONsm.jpg

this is what idrew last time...
SusSuzuki2.jpg

added flat colors...
SusSuzuki2col.jpg

Zero-Optix said:
hehe whats wrong with this one...take a close look.

Im sure theres alot wrong with it. I could tell you where the big mistakes were, but hey its ball point pen and i liked the final result.

edit :rofl: I never noticed it before. its funny because it *looks* much more correct than it ought to.

No no not making fun of it really. I like the results too but i didnt catch it at first that he has 2 left hands...the hand holding the round mace is on backwards...not to imply anything bad.

Zero-Optix said:
No no not making fun of it really. I like the results too but i didnt catch it at first that he has 2 left hands...the hand holding the round mace is on backwards...not to imply anything bad.

I think i ninja edited you, but yeah. I hadnt even noticed that before. I didnt spend all that long on the drawing, and yes you can make fun of two left hands, i should know better.

Zero-Optix said:
hehe whats wrong with this one...take a close look.

The right hand is opposite of what it should be. If he was holding that club that way his thumb would be at the bottom of his hand.

edit: Hey ill have stuff up soon, fucking photobucket isnt working and neither is putfile. fuck this noise.

yeah you are right but on the other side. Turn your right hand inward -elbow out- your thumb will go backwards and palm out. In fact no matter how you twist your arm your thumb will be pointing to your back with the palm out- unless your a freak of nature...

Zero-Optix said:
All have some nice work guys...
This is what i am working on right now coloring...Coloring comic books pays well too...

Painting comics seems like it would be fun and easy for my particular skillset. Im just now starting to learn painting . Heres a work in Progress. Still very much in the opening stages of development.

Marauders.jpg

Most recent one done for my friend and his girlfriend -
SirPortrait.jpg

Old one from drawing 1 class, lol
HandsDraw.jpg

Edit: There's a couple shitty smudges on the right side of that bottom picture because it's been rolled up a 1000 times and brought around back when.

Last edited:
Rofl. Behold my little metal thing!
T0_-1_1079849.jpg

Nothing special at all. Just testing a new PS painting technique.

Back