Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Monitor Thread
Page 3 of 3
DeadlyRabbit
VeteranXV
Old
41 - 05-23-2018, 23:28
The gsync vs freesync for 144hz monitors has too many different factors, prices have stayed high since I started looking at them almost 2 years ago. I was hoping they would have come down by now.

I want to actually see the monitor with a game running before I spend the money on one, I am looking at 27" so I expect to pay closer to $1000CDN with taxes to get a good one, but on the other side a cheaper 27" with freesync and 144hz is probably all I need. Whenever I look at reviews the cheaper freesync monitors have a variety of negatives, I stat to think for a lot of those I wouldn't even notice it.

I used to just walk into a store, look a the monitors they have, pick based on the size and image quality and it was easy.

Sponsored Links
Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
42 - 05-24-2018, 01:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaPpY View Post
val... if a black color wasnt meant to be completely black fault the content producer not the tv... youre basically complaining that its actually doing what it should unlike LCDs
That's a stupid argument though man. What are they going to design movies for? People with OLEDs? No. The average person with an LCD.

I'm complaining that individual LEDs shut off and create pitch black when they shouldn't be.

Quote:
also the downy in that vid seems to confuse black level with contrast.
I didn't listen to a word he said. All that matters is the example of "deep blacks."

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
43 - 05-24-2018, 04:14
ya well his example of deep blacks is retarded. there should be no neighboring detail lost of 0 illum blacks. if detail is lost blame contrast (or gamma).

and movies arent "designed" for any particular medium. but if a camera picks up 0 level darkness, it should be reproduced as such... not as something brighter. which is what youre asking for

ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
44 - 05-24-2018, 06:45
That dude is just clicking an in game adjuster that is a relabelled gamma for console tards.

Anyhow, I'm still enjoying looking at dark things on my VT60 plasma. I never game on it though.

Val does have a point, but it is the designers fault if they have vastly different light levels within a scene, the human eye doesn't HDR that well.

samUwell
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
45 - 05-24-2018, 11:22
I've been monitoring this thread and don't see what I am supposed to monitoring...

Thank you. Thank you very much. Great audience. Great audience.

I will be here all day.

Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
46 - 05-24-2018, 11:48
Quote:
Originally Posted by samUwell View Post
I've been monitoring this thread and don't see what I am supposed to monitoring...

Thank you. Thank you very much. Great audience. Great audience.

I will be here all day.
Okay, I smiled. rep+

I have an Asus something something, 27" and has 2 tiny and ****ty side-firing speakers. It's good for Call Of Duty, Starcraft II, and Photoshop.

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
47 - 05-24-2018, 16:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArakAtak View Post
That dude is just clicking an in game adjuster that is a relabelled gamma for console tards.
That's in-game or part of the TV's settings?

My buddy's TV has a very similar black-depth option, just not as convenient to get to like that one apparently is.

TonyElTigre
VeteranXX
Old
48 - 05-24-2018, 22:18
I use this
https://www.amazon.com/Dell-Gaming-S.../dp/B0149QBOF0

it's dope, but its TN so you can't be some IPS sperg

ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
49 - 05-25-2018, 07:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Validuz View Post
That's in-game or part of the TV's settings?

My buddy's TV has a very similar black-depth option, just not as convenient to get to like that one apparently is.
Actually I think that is on his OLED control panel

but either way he is a spaz, if you set your levels & whatnot correctly for each input you shouldn't have any issues unless the game is broken. Get a colormunki or something.

I would set two levels of brightness for my main input, one for when the room is well lit/daylight and one for dark room viewing.

KingSobieski
VeteranXX
Old
50 - 05-25-2018, 08:29
I got a 27” hp monitor on craigslist for $90 new in box with all the cords and packaging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeadlyRabbit
VeteranXV
Old
51 - 05-27-2018, 17:48
I went out a bought at Acer Predator Z1 27" in monitor with 144hz and g-sync. I could really see the difference in Overwatch, even with my GTX 960 from a few years ago it works well. Of course I run the game at lower settings, but I have always done that for more stable fps.

I was sure if the curve of the monitor would bug me, but there isn't much of a curve to it. I just setup and messed around with the tobii eye tracking, it is very weird being able to do stuff just by looking at it. Not a feature worth buying a monitor for, but it is interesting to mess with.

I went to Canada computers close to me, it was $710 with 2 year warranty, it was $150 off.

http://www.canadacomputers.com/produ...item_id=120058

Last edited by DeadlyRabbit; 05-27-2018 at 19:36..
pZ II Birdy
VeteranXX
Old
52 - 06-24-2018, 19:45
I picked up an Acer Predator X34 used for $600 (pristine condition). I was switching to it from 2x 1680x1050 LG TN panels, so I was initially hesitant to lose the bezel snapping (I typically worked with 2 windows side by side in each monitor), but the loss is not so significant with an adequate desktop management app (using Aquasnap at the moment, will try another if I run into issues).

Edit: I'm getting old... screen is so big I had to set it further back on my desk than my previous monitors and use the Windows' old ppl view @ 125% (why you no have 110%?) because all the text was a bit small for comfort at 100%...

Last edited by pZ II Birdy; 06-24-2018 at 19:48..
coombz
VeteranXX
Old
53 - 07-06-2018, 20:03
I just picked this up

Buy the ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27 2K IPS Gaming Monitor 165Hz DisplayPort+HDMI... ( PG279Q ) online - PBTech.co.nz

much excite. I've always just used cheap ****ty monitors in the past

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
54 - 07-06-2018, 20:14
its kind of sad monitor tech hasnt changed for 15 years.... only improvements being hz/response. i look at my tv, cell, and tablet and both look far better (cuz oled).

Dutch
VeteranXX
Old
55 - 07-07-2018, 14:07
gsync is pretty ****, i got one of the early acer ones for like 600 i think

have some horiz lines top right but who cares i dont play games anymore

Page 3 of 3

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Monitor Thread

Social Website Bullshit