FS: Gaming PCs

Fool,
What case did you go with? How do you like it?

Went with the corsair obsidian 550D. It's super quiet, but as Die Hard pointed out to me it's not the best with heat unless you keep the side/top panel open. Hasn't really been a problem though, the CPU hasn't cracked 50C under load.

Went with the corsair obsidian 550D. It's super quiet, but as Die Hard pointed out to me it's not the best with heat unless you keep the side/top panel open. Hasn't really been a problem though, the CPU hasn't cracked 50C under load.

That was my concern. I really liked the looks of it and was going to use it for a new build, but once I realized it looks sleek because there is no airflow it kind of turned me away.

So you do or do not keep the panels off?

Not that it matters now I already went with the PC-K9B. But for future builds I may consider it if you are able to keep it that cool with the panels on.
Newegg.com - LIAN LI Lancool First Knight Series PC-K9B Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

I've got them all on right now. Like I said it hasn't cracked 50C yet under load, so I doubt it really needs the panels off. You can always leave them on until you need them off, they come off real easy.

Got my computer from Die Hard, I can't say enough nice things about him. Very helpful, worked with me to build a great system, he responded to every question I had quickly. Very happy with my computer- Thanks Die Hard

ok looking at getting a Die hard box but have no clue what to get.

I play
Guild Wars 2
Diablo III( though not much anymore)
World of Tanks
T:A (Fu I like it)
And old steam games

I apparently am having heat issues so cooling will be key
Looking to spend ~$1000+ any recommendations?

You should be able to play all of them with the $1K system, with possibly a video card upgrade to make sure everything stays high detail. I can throw in an extra fan in there to help keep the system cooler.

Alternatively, you can go with the $1250 system too.

Just for the record...

Die Hard is a god damned man amongst men, they will sing songs of his deeds, women will fall at his feet, and doves fly every time the man farts... Seriously... You couldn't get a better system if you were given the parts and built it yourself.

His customer support is beyond amazing. (seriously, I cannot stress this one enough... Die hard is the ultimate consummate professional down to his very core.)
The systems he builds are bitchin' fast.
And did I mention that the man farts doves?

Seriously... You couldn't get a better system if you were given the parts and built it yourself.
Of course you couldn't, because you'd wind up with the same system.

I think you mean that you couldn't get a better system for the money even if you built it yourself? If that's what you mean, you're wrong.

All right my box keeps dying and I am jonesing to play GW2.

From the reviews and the tiny bit of research I have done these look like a great deal. Lets pull the trigger on this and PM me what I need do to.

My big requirements.

Dual monitors support
High graphic details
stays cool

If we need to upgrade video card or cooling system let me know. Currently eyballing the the $1250 box but trying to find the difference with the $1350 box and the $1500 box .

Would it be worth it to go with the pricer versions? Or should I go with the $1250 and upgrade the card and PSU for the $240 more? Never blew my load on a desktop in the past. I typically floated in the $1000 range but looking to splurge a little with this one.

I don't think I need the $3000 machines but I would like to indugle a little.

Last edited:
Just transferred funds to an amazon payment account. Looking to steal Die Hard's $1350 system with some extra RAM.

The solid state and 2x HD's drew me in.

Will post with updates.

He has been great as responding to PM's

Box is now here

Had some mild shipping issues. FU Fed Ex

But I was able to put things back.

Been backing up data and re-installing stuff. So far so good everything is working smooth as butter.

Go solid state everyone it is the BOMB!!

Still waiting to GW2 to D/L the whole reason why I bough the thing but once i get my games up and running I'm sure I'll be impressed.

Back