Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page WoTLK Leveling?
Page 1 of 3
MistaKe
VeteranX
Old
1 - 11-10-2008, 15:19
What are your plans? Are you gonna just go with the flow (i.e. starting zone, follow the pack)? Do you plan on skipping ahead and fighting mobs a couple levels higher but avoid most people? Are you going to level strictly through instances for a while?

Are you using any guides, any specific websites other than the obvious (i.e. wowhead/thottbot) to help you level?

Sponsored Links
Stinkfist
Server Bitch
Old
2 - 11-10-2008, 15:22
with my 4-1 horde to alliance ratio on my server, i think i'll sit a few weeks making sure my other lowbies are 70 before i attempt to level past that :P. that and level my DK to 70.

triple
VeteranXV
Old
3 - 11-10-2008, 15:31
If I can manage, im going to try and find 4 other people to 5man to 80. I'll worry about the esoterics like rep and quests later.

I probably won't go DK until im comfortable with my current toon.. also, honestly, doesn't seem like my type of class.

DeadlyRabbit
VeteranXV
Old
4 - 11-10-2008, 15:36
If people in the guild are on that want to run 5 mans I will do that, if not I will quest.

Calamari
VeteranXV
Old
5 - 11-10-2008, 15:41
I'll be waiting at least a week before I start taking my Priest through Northrend. Give all of the "early adopters" at least a *little* time to stop farming all the mobs to hell.

Stinkfist
Server Bitch
Old
6 - 11-10-2008, 16:05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
I'll be waiting at least a week before I start taking my Priest through Northrend. Give all of the "early adopters" at least a *little* time to stop farming all the mobs to hell.
If it's anything like when BC came out, it's going to actually be easier when they're "farming them all to hell". There was kind of a "truce" between the sides on the server i was on (2-1 alliance) and things were spawning almost as fast as you can kill them. The spawn rate is determined by how many people are in the area, if there are a lot, they're going to spawn quickly , so it might actually be more beneficial to do it now then to wait.

foolish
VeteranX
Old
7 - 11-10-2008, 16:17
http://www.joanasworld.com/docs/Youn...tion-Guide.pdf

LoL!

FUBAR|Ascain
VeteranXX
Old
8 - 11-10-2008, 16:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuss View Post
are there leveling guides or are there updates planned for addons like lightheaded for expansion?
QuestHelper should be ready to go, I know I sent in my LUA files for all the zones up to Stormpeaks and Icecrown. I'm pretty sure I got all the quests in the starter zones and DK area, and most in the others, but I only touched the last two zones and didn't get a chance to finish them.

Cladhaire has mentioned he'll be parsing the Wowhead database again for lightheaded once they merge the existing TBC with WoTLK, his last parse as of Nov 3 doesn't include Northrend info.

Calamari
VeteranXV
Old
9 - 11-10-2008, 16:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkfist View Post
If it's anything like when BC came out, it's going to actually be easier when they're "farming them all to hell". There was kind of a "truce" between the sides on the server i was on (2-1 alliance) and things were spawning almost as fast as you can kill them. The spawn rate is determined by how many people are in the area, if there are a lot, they're going to spawn quickly , so it might actually be more beneficial to do it now then to wait.
Well I play on a PvE server, so griefing isn't an issue. I'm also worried about the zone lag, of course.

JustinCase
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
10 - 11-10-2008, 16:21
Gonna hit the grind Thursday after work and follow the same path that I took in Beta to 75, should be able to hit that by the weekend then 80 in another week or so.

Calamari
VeteranXV
Old
11 - 11-10-2008, 16:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinCase View Post
Gonna hit the grind Thursday after work and follow the same path that I took in Beta to 75, should be able to hit that by the weekend then 80 in another week or so.
Damn. How many hours per day is that? Does that factor in instances and what-not?

AdreNaLiNe
VeteranXX
Old
12 - 11-10-2008, 16:28
A lot of us split into groups to instance grind.

It's not exactly optimal groups but it isn't like it's required.

We're running resto sham, spriest, druid tank, and 2 rogues when it hits and will probably instance grind to avoid the lag/cluster**** of leveling with the general population.

AdreNaLiNe
VeteranXX
Old
13 - 11-10-2008, 16:29
Quote:
Damn. How many hours per day is that? Does that factor in instances and what-not?
I did 60-70 as a hunter in about 3-4 days of efficient leveling and by no means do I play nearly as much as some people do.

There was only one day I sat down and played probably 10 hours straight and went from 68-70 to make a kara that night. Then I promptly said **** Kara, because I was so burnt out on it.

JustinCase
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
14 - 11-10-2008, 16:30
Quote:
I'll probably just do instances when I have quests for them. I know every quest in 3 zones so that will make it fly by. They also changed the xp needed for each level since I did it back in beta so it might take longer than I'm estimating. I'm not playing any marathon sessions, just playing my normal times with no raiding obviously.

PessimiStick
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
15 - 11-10-2008, 16:34
Planning to hit 80 in time to sleep for work on Monday.

Chain running instances most of the time.

Natural
VeteranXX
Old
16 - 11-10-2008, 18:31
Sunwell geared Prot paladin, holy paladin, TG warrior, and 1-2 rogues instance grinding. It's gonna be a slaughter. Hit 75, go nab the free arena epics and do some quest zones for a change of pace, then grind the rest of the way to 80.

We should hit 80 by Sunday or Monday, depending on how things go.

Last edited by Natural; 11-10-2008 at 18:33..
TheGhost
VeteranXV
Old
17 - 11-10-2008, 18:33
psh, holy priest!

my group is

prot pally, my (holy priest), rogue, enh shaman, ret pally

can pretty much run any comp though, the 5 mans are so ****ing easy its not even funny ;/

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
18 - 11-10-2008, 19:19
Mixing it up. Questing on my Prot pally during off times (my workshifts are so off-base from normal I would be playing at non-peak times) and if StK peeps are around I'll tank dungeons. Of course I'll look for scrubs for dungeons if I get all the quests for it or there's a particularly nice quest reward. Scrubs are surprisingly compliant if they are smart enough to realize doing what they are told = faster run and better chance of loot.

Nehi
VeteranXX
Old
19 - 11-10-2008, 20:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural View Post
Hit 75, go nab the free arena epics and do some quest zones for a change of pace, then grind the rest of the way to 80.
I know my goal is 77-80 before work on Monday (have 4 days off) but can you elaborate on these "free epics" at 75? I usually read a lot on MMO-Champ and EJ and I must have missed this.

MistaKe
VeteranX
Old
20 - 11-10-2008, 22:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural View Post
Sunwell geared Prot paladin, holy paladin, TG warrior, and 1-2 rogues instance grinding. It's gonna be a slaughter. Hit 75, go nab the free arena epics and do some quest zones for a change of pace, then grind the rest of the way to 80.

We should hit 80 by Sunday or Monday, depending on how things go.

Page 1 of 3

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page WoTLK Leveling?

Social Website Bullshit