DK attributes

Gwaihir

Veteran XX
So I'm leveling a death knight and enjoying it but am unsure of how stats contribute for this class. No mana so intel and spirit are worthless. The dots are disease so I'm assuming spell power is not needed. Is Strength or Agility the main stat you want?

Str is by far the best stat, hit is just as good until you are hit capped, crit and expertise are the next best stats, but not nearly as good as str is, armor pen is only decent if you are going blood, haste is by far the most useless unless you are planning on going dual wield. DKs are actually a bit different than warriors when it comes to stats mainly due to a huge portion of DK damage are magical damage, so the stats that only benefit physical damage such as expertise/haste/armorpen are not nearly as useful for a DK.

So what I took away from this was:

STR
STA
Hit Rating
Crit Rating

In that order.
(for PvE)

Also, the hit cap is a little more than 295.

Unless you're tanking, stamina never should be a major stat for any pve class. If you're dpsing as a DK, just stack strength after getting hit cap. Strength helps your spells too as a DK so you can double dip. 1 Strength for DK = 2 AP.

Back