[T:V] [T2] Ban Missile Launcher

I'd like lightning ground spikes in T:V. Just deploy a few around your base or MPB and whenever an enemy player or vehicle gets in range it gets zapped. Make it sound like one of those blue light backyard bug zappers. They could be a different mine type and only work outdoors. The visual effect would be one bolt from the spike and one from the sky, converging on the object. :)

Limited range would make them less effective than turrets for longer range enemies, but the ground and air attack capabilities would make them more effective than mines. The spikes wouldn't blow up on contact, or strike friendly or jammed enemy objects. They'd act like deployable cameras for LOS detection.

I'd rather carry three of these to deploy than mines or missiles. I don't carry missile launchers anymore unless I'm trying to defend an MPB from shrike attack.

Here is the problem with this thread...

It assumes that vehicles in TV will be based on vehicles in T1 or T2, which is obviously not a valid supposition: Our goal is to make all vehicles fun to use. So right there you kind of have to toss out all the previous vehicles.

:cheers:

they have a bug named after them. i think that invalidates the fun they might be with the frustration they might cause.

Thrax Panda said:
Here is the problem with this thread...

It assumes that vehicles in TV will be based on vehicles in T1 or T2, which is obviously not a valid supposition: Our goal is to make all vehicles fun to use. So right there you kind of have to toss out all the previous vehicles.

:cheers:

So will you be able to like pull someone out of a car and beat the fuck out of them? That'd be cool...

Oh it should also be easier to ram into ppl. And easier to have scout duels. <- The only fun things about vehicles in Tribes.

Ramming people (with the intent of destroying your shrike in the process) because you can't aim with a shrike blaster is weak.

Thrax Panda said:
Our goal is to make all vehicles fun to use. So right there you kind of have to toss out all the previous vehicles.
So vehicles no longer blow up when they run into a cactus or trees? Or are you just getting rid of the dangerous plant life?

jsut said:
they have a bug named after them. i think that invalidates the fun they might be with the frustration they might cause.

tru

But as long as you don't have jackasses ramming people, they're lots of fun. I mean, they're immune to physics!

Back