[Tribes in general] Just a friendly reminder...

Ben Reed

Veteran X
Skiing WAS an accident, folks.

Maybe it was first discovered in the beta, and maybe people decided to leave it in because they figured it added to the gameplay experience rather than detracted from it. But make no mistake, it was NEVER part of the ordained order of things until people decided they liked it better that way.

It was never on the design table, it was never intentionally implemented by the programmers, and almighty God most certainly did not descend from the heavens to tell the T1 dev team to put skiing in or face hellfire and eternal damnation, it was a FLUKE, plain and simple, that people eventually grew to accept and begged the dev team to keep in.

Most of you real vets seem to understand this, and I ain't about to rag on you. A couple of the new faces who claim to be T1 diehards even though I'd never heard of them until a year or so ago, I'm not so sure about.

reply_icon.gif

not

newthread_icon.gif

I don't see how the fact it was an accident changes anything Ben.

Frankly, Tribes (even the original) has been a skiing game most of it's life.

The same was true of Tribes Two.

The same will be of T:V.

Tribes has skiing. Tribes has jetpacking. Tribes has the disclauncher. These existence of these things will not change. ;]

Zoolooman said:
I don't see how the fact it was an accident changes anything Ben.

Frankly, Tribes (even the original) has been a skiing game most of it's life.

The same was true of Tribes Two.

The same will be of T:V.

Tribes has skiing. Tribes has jetpacking. Tribes has the disclauncher. These existence of these things will not change. ;]

No kidding. I mean, what's the point of this thread?

Back