Downloading now, thinking about playing

SP = Skillpoints.

basically new characters can be effective in PVP and blow a lot of shit up (A well setup frigate can take out a cruiser fit for ratting, even if the guy has several times your SP.) But targets in 0.1-0.4 actually in belts are a pain in the ass to find.

I just got code for 14-day trial but havent motivated to install yet.

I'd like to get the most out of it to really see as much as i can. I'm not likely to subscribe but i just want to really see how the game works and such, although i realize you can barely scratch the surface in 14 days.

Any tips?

I'd like to explore as much as possibel and get a taste for the combat, even if it means just watching big events.

Stick to frigates

buy the basic learning skills, and train them to lvl3 as soon as possible. well..maybe not; it won't make much difference in 14 days.

Don't bother training anything past lvl4. (not in 14 days)

I wouldn't really worry about joining a corp, unless it's FREEE or something. Join the Tribalwar channel ingame though.

I'd recommend you get used to ratting in 0.8-0.5, and maybe run some missions for a couple days. It will give you a basic feel for combat and how the game works.

If you really want to, after about a week when your skills are pretty good, me and some other ppl could come into empire and fight you in frigates...do frigate wars or something.

im still in the training and prolly will remain so for the weekend, along with basic missions.

as i understand it i need to focus on some frigate leveling and navigation stuff. im gonna go after combat missions just for fun.

how do you join tribalwar channel ingame?

n/m figured it out...

Last edited:
Chikaze said:
What's your ingame name?

Zen TseTse. Found the TW channel. Folks were nice enough to slip me some starter cash.

Just poking around, doing missions for now... patiently waiting for these BS training times to tick off :D

Buying Kestrel in a few hours... killin shit weeee

Last edited:
this doesnt deserve its own thread so I am just going to put it in this one.

I had my first pvp today. I was ratting in a 0.3 asteroid belt and I am fighting 2 npc pirates that are easy but putting up a decent fight. I am down to about 60% shield when this chump in a carracal (sp?) starts to attack me as well. I quickly get down to 50% shield before I realise this punk is in fact attacking me. (the flashing red name on the upper right hand corner should have been my first clue)

Anyways being my first pvp I figure I should jump out and get my shields back up. Duh! he is a pirate of course he has me jammed. So I redirect my 4 drones, 4 heavy launchers, and 2 250mm turrets and my NOS on him.

This little punk warps out after about 20 seconds of taking a beating. I think I will have to load up at least one hammer for punks like this.

I know... not terribly exciting, but it was my first pvp. I got my first taste of blood. too bad I didnt get to finish him off.

hey chasing off some douche that was looking to gank you is always a victory in my book.

I'm guessing you were in a ferox. A caracal wouldn't have lasted very long against that firepower.

Vlasic said:
hey chasing off some douche that was looking to gank you is always a victory in my book.

I'm guessing you were in a ferox. A caracal wouldn't have lasted very long against that firepower.

yes, I was in a ferox.

ferox = about 10x better than caracal. If that guy wasn't an idiot, he'd try to take you out from long range. (my range in a caracal is 88km, and I can easily get that to almost 100km.)

How much shields do you have? He prolly had about 1500 or so.

Chikaze said:
ferox = about 10x better than caracal. If that guy wasn't an idiot, he'd try to take you out from long range. (my range in a caracal is 88km, and I can easily get that to almost 100km.)

How much shields do you have? He prolly had about 1500 or so.

Exactly.

4 Heavy's and 2 nos on ferox? If I am not mistaken you can fit 5 launchers on a ferox.

EndR said:
Exactly.

4 Heavy's and 2 nos on ferox? If I am not mistaken you can fit 5 launchers on a ferox.

4xheavy 2x250mm 1xNOS

I am just under 10K in shield and 4500 armor

I am still a noob with 1.5 mil SP

The next day I did get popped by a prophecy & pilgrim duo.

Back