Specializations

endGame

Veteran X
Since we're clearly headed towards the creation of our own corporation, I thought it might be a good idea to clarify how many people we'll have doing each of the main specializations.

What do you intend to specialize in?

• Travelyan [Travelyan Skype]
    Mining Barge
  • Greywolf [angrycanuck]
    Mining
    Long-range Combat
  • endGame [Ambrosia Skol]
    Research
    Manufacturing
  • K-Rex [HonarbleRed Rex]
    Combat
    Hauling
  • evilbadz [evilbadz teedub]
    Trading
  • adrian ng [Adrian Ng]
    Trading
  • Dead Ben [Totoronyx]
    Mining
    Trading
  • NAT Mav [NATMav]
    Mining
  • ViRGE [Verite Rendition]
    Research
    Mining
  • Phalanx.1 [phalanxtw]
    Mining
    Long Projectiles
  • Makasuro [Makasuro]
    Combat
  • Vlasic [Eskiban Vlasic]
    Combat
  • Fatman [Hieronymus Fatt]
    Mining
  • Sp!nfusor Salad [Xavier Cardde]
    Combat
    Mining
  • FissioN [FissioNius]
    Combat
  • Lockout [Lock Out, Mateo Boreas]
    Combat
  • Nefilim [?]
    Combat
    Mining
  • Bomberman [Milo Symphon]
    Research
  • Hive_Tyrant [Jagobbi]
    Combat: Raven Battleship
    Mining: Ospry with 3x Miner IIs
    Hauling: Badger mkII with 10k m3
  • DocHolliday [Henry Holliday]
    Combat: Blackbird, EW Warfare
    Mining

Last edited:
Lets see, for me I'll probably do a combo of combat/hauler to help with the big mining ops. I will probably focus on combat and try to have a skill and ship for some huge ass hauler. At this point I'm very flexible though and am trying to train my learn skills up so I can quickly have a broad scope of skills.

PS- If you say mining or any category try to be specific of what special role you are thinking about. For example, miner, hauler or what not.

Edit-If we do the two corps thing I, and probably many of us, could make two specialized characters. For me one combat and one special hauler captain?

Last edited:
K-Rex said:
Edit-If we do the two corps thing I, and probably many of us, could make two specialized characters. For me one combat and one special hauler captain?

You know I was looking into a 2nd character yesterday thinking "Cool...I can have this guy training mining while my other character is training as a combat guy".

BUZZZZ....wrong!

As soon as I tried to train with my new character it said something like "Your character "LostDuck" is still training Frigate level 4...you will need to go to that account and stop his training in order to train with this character"

WTF...g-damnit what a waste.

Frankly (to me) it makes no sense to have other characters then...

LostDuck said:
You know I was looking into a 2nd character yesterday thinking "Cool...I can have this guy training mining while my other character is training as a combat guy".

BUZZZZ....wrong!

As soon as I tried to train with my new character it said something like "Your character "LostDuck" is still training Frigate level 4...you will need to go to that account and stop his training in order to train with this character"

WTF...g-damnit what a waste.

Frankly (to me) it makes no sense to have other characters then...
Well fuck your wife silly, that sucks. :hrm:

Oh, my Learning level 2 to 3 is only taking another six hours. I figure the 3 to 4 train will take 2 to 3 days.

Train your learning people, it's going to be well worth it in the long run.

Many Eve players have multiple accounts because of that.

I hardly have time to play with one char and that is why i have been focusing to combat only since i started playing again, and now 3 - 4 months after im glad i did, because i dont see myself mining, producing, or trading ever. I sell the good loot i get and thats it. :)

I'm still largely undecided, but at this point, I'd say I'm a miner. My training has been really diverse so far, and I've got beacoup learning skills.

K-Rex said:
Explain a bit about 'mining barges'. Are they meant mainly for hauling, mining or both?

Mining more then anything. They are the only ships capable of using "StripMine lasers" (something like that)...which mine asteroids alot quicker then any other mining lasers you can get.

Mining Barge takes alot of skills to master. (even the smallest mining barge I think takes level 5 and some level 4 skills...like industrial/mining...etc)

Ok, thanks LD. I'm looking at all the ships right now, primarily for the ideal haulers...which I found :eek:

·Caldari
·Charon charon As the makers of the Charon, the Caldari State are generally credited with pioneering the freighter class. Recognizing the need for a massive transport vehicle as deep space installations constantly increase in number, they set about making the ultimate in efficient mass transport - and were soon followed by the other empires.

Regardless, the Charon still stands out as the benchmark by which the other freighters were measured. Its massive size and titanic cargo hold are rivalled by none.

Caldari Freighter Skill Bonus: 5% bonus to cargo hold capacity and 5% bonus to maximum velocity per level

But here is the kicker... capacity 785000 m3

WOWZER, hell with finding a base. Lets just use this as the floating base of death.

1.5 billion.

If you could buy that thing, have enough barges to fill it and then have enough battleships and what not to protect it I can't even fathom how much one decent full haul would be in ISK.

For now, I'm looking at Research, some mining, and later on electronic warfare(ECM and the like) once I have the funds for it.

Back