[Need Votes]Win me a free wedding[Please]

Can someone give me a quick explanation as to what happened? It sounds like the dealership isn't gonna give telos the wedding money, bbut why?

i want to be enraged as well.

short version is contest organizers dont contest the fact telos got more votes, straight up said he didnt cheat, and quoted some vague 'conduct detrimental to feldman nissan' clause in the rules and 'not acting in good faith' in order to disqualify him

which is blatant nonsense

haven't heard from the dealership in a while. I have to assume they are trying to figure out WTF to do to avoid shitty publicity. I'm hoping for a response by the end of the day and If I don't get one I'll send another inquiring e-mail.

I'm giving them time to get the facts from the contest admins to put side by side with the ones I have provided.

haven't heard from the dealership in a while. I have to assume they are trying to figure out WTF to do to avoid shitty publicity. I'm hoping for a response by the end of the day and If I don't get one I'll send another inquiring e-mail.

I'm giving them time to get the facts from the contest admins to put side by side with the ones I have provided.

Just remember, you have an army of nerds with nothing better to do, ready to aid you.

i've recruited a small army of wolf pigeons, shark falcons, and crocodeagles who are fully capable of writing very eloquent and scathing letters. just say the word. also, the wolfpigeons are willing to poop on cars at the dealership.

directing wolfpigeon poops is against the geneva conventions

it falls under the chemical warfare ban

just fyi eggi i dont want to see you hanged at the hauge

hung at the hauge

Jesus, I can say if this happened to me I'd be enraged and would spend every free hour trying to get back at these guys. $60k gone and no explanation?

I saw that email where they said basically they can do whatever they want and don't have to prove anything to anyone. While legally true I'm sure, they DO need to keep the public (their customers) happy or the whole thing is just a waste of their time.

The Digg/Local News ideas are very good ideas and I hope you pursue that. At the very least push that idea at these contest organizers so they'll be willing to give out some data.
There are fair contest laws that I could find via google.

Rigging a public contest or not operating fairly under the established rules is a misdemeanor in some states. Whether or not they're criminally guilty doesn't matter if you can win a judgement in civil court.

Last edited:
telos's general apathy toward the whole thing makes me think something shady was involved.

I would be shitting fire if I got fucked this hard.

telos's general apathy toward the whole thing makes me think something shady was involved.

Reactions can vary man. It sounds to me like it's more of a "so shocking it's like it didn't actually happen" sort of thing. Sometimes big time fuck-overs by life are a bit of an out of body experience and it makes you go calm/numb.

telos's general apathy towards not getting a free triple-decker cheeseburger makes me think something shady was involved.

Reactions can vary man. It sounds to me like it's more of a "so shocking it's like it didn't actually happen" sort of thing. Sometimes big time fuck-overs by life, like not getting a free triple-decker cheeseburger, are a bit of an out of body experience and it makes you go calm/numb.

short version is contest organizers dont contest the fact telos got more votes, straight up said he didnt cheat, and quoted some vague 'conduct detrimental to feldman nissan' clause in the rules and 'not acting in good faith' in order to disqualify him

which is blatant nonsense

they are trying to say that having a forum vote for them is "detrimental". I thought the point of this contest was to get the most votes. wtf

i'm ready to do something. write a letter in snail mail with some flour in it.

what did you do that broke the rules? don't lie.

If thats (actually) the case (which I doubt for some nagging reason), I'm going to assume that since Feldman Nissan or whatever the dealership was named is really getting no serious material benefit from the majority of voters for Telos, they DQ'ed him.

Though that would seem to apply to the runner up since he posted a bunch of shit on the Xbox forums to solicit votes.

they are trying to say that having a forum vote for them is "detrimental". I thought the point of this contest was to get the most votes. wtf

i'm ready to do something. write a letter in snail mail with some flour in it.

i dont think so

i was under the impression that the people who won set up a forum specifically for this vote (could be completely wrong btw)

which, if anything, is far worse

i dont think so

i was under the impression that the people who won set up a forum specifically for this vote (could be completely wrong btw)

which, if anything, is far worse

They just put together a single thread on a XBOX modding forum. It had 4 pages. We have 200+ pages and counting and yet they believe we had bots voting. Yeah ok.

looks like this guy makes a living off of narrowly winning voting contests:

20081208.jpg

:rofl:

Last edited:
looks like this guy makes a living off of narrowly winning voting contests:

20081208.jpg

:rofl:

Wonder how the company running the contest would respond to a bribe to win the contest. If they can do what they are doing now, I don't know why they wouldn't accept bribes. If they can just throw out a ton of votes and DQ people like this, why wouldn't they sell the win...

Back