Marweas still hasnt told us about getting fired

T:V wasn't fucked up because T:V was a flawed premise. To fuck something up, there has to be something to fuck up in the first place, get it?

And, this is just my opinion, that faulty premise was a combination of fixing what didn't need fixing, and single player. Think about it - no one on TW is going to be talking about the single player experience 3-4 years down the line. No one in the history of gaming has ever done that, cept maybe MGS/FF. There is no longevity in that.

And the box art. Jesus christ.

Last edited:
The public demo/testing that went on for T:V that was promoted by Gamespot and Gamespy had absolutely no one playing. If you need box art to save your game you're in trouble.

...Yeah developers need to have a good bullshit detector when reading fan input, but let's not forget people hated a lot of things that went into T:V before it even hit Beta. That's a pretty strong case for listening to your fan base considering what a dismal financial failure the game was...
Well if you think about the discussions between the T1 fans and the T2 fans, you'll see that we were fan-fucked before we even started. We were almost guaranteed to piss off 50% of the community with any feature. We accepted this and set about destroying Tribes as best we could. Glad you're happy with the result.

T:V wasn't fucked up because T:V was a flawed premise. To fuck something up, there has to be something to fuck up in the first place, get it?

And, this is just my opinion, that faulty premise was a combination of fixing what didn't need fixing, and single player. Think about it - no one on TW is going to be talking about the single player experience 3-4 years down the line. No one in the history of gaming has ever done that, cept maybe MGS/FF. There is no longevity in that.

And the box art. Jesus christ.

You guys remember when Thrax had a hissy fit when Fancy Cat called him a "faggot" and made Colosus ban him for 3 or 4 weeks, and also make a new rule that said anyone who dared to insult him in GD got an automatic ban as well?

Well if you think about the discussions between the T1 fans and the T2 fans, you'll see that we were fan-fucked before we even started. We were almost guaranteed to piss off 50% of the community with any feature. We accepted this and set about destroying Tribes as best we could. Glad you're happy with the result.

Bitter? Know how you feel man. I did all I could to derail the whole Tribes thing too. :)

You guys remember when Thrax had a hissy fit when Fancy Cat called him a "faggot" and made Colosus ban him for 3 or 4 weeks, and also make a new rule that said anyone who dared to insult him in GD got an automatic ban as well?

do you even play tribes?

Unfortunately we have no one else to attack. With that said I think you listened to quite a few fans. However those fans were too interested in things like getting into the testing of the game or pleasing their own personal interests. Instead of giving you advice/feedback of things that would actually sell copies of the game. In the post mortem that is T:V the best thing you could of done was to listen to only truth you had and that was game sales. There was clearly one style that sold better and a style among the styles that was out at the time that was still selling. If you had followed that syle you very well may have been sitting here as the savior of a franchise that is alive and well instead of the cursed soul that you are today. It's quite sad really how easily this all could have been prevented.

Don't be pissy. As I've said before I totally respect what you guys tried to do, but you can't deny the result. Not only did no one outside the Tribes community want to play the game, but you guys rewrote the franchise so heavily that no one INSIDE the community wanted to play it either.

Props for a good effort, but you guys should have known better than to change so drastically what made the original work.

SecretSquirrel, credited as "Squirrel" in April Fool's Tribes 1 video.

Developed the idea for the mobile point base "MPB" in Tribes 2. Pioneered the idea of alternate MP game types, incuding the "repair, build, time capture" concept of control points in multiplayer games.

My original account was deleated because it used a hotmail email address.

Ahhh I see, well then I think a title is in order.

Admins???

No. I don't remember this. Can you fill me in oh historian of the interweb?

I just want to know why the game wasn't renamed to Tribes:Arena :p

A big thing for me was wide open spaces that I dont think Unreal was ever capable of doing while providing preformance.

Remember when you didn't know about TribalWar? Yea? Go back to not knowing about TW and never come back.

I liked the game. Unfortunatly, no one else did.

I enjoyed the SP aspect, -and- the Multiplayer. Had there been at least one more patch that actually fixed the game I might actually still be playing it.

Back