Have ya ever met a happy atheist? by SuicideTaxi - Page 6 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Have ya ever met a happy atheist?
Page 6 of 77
Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
101 - 10-09-2018, 17:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by havax View Post
And I believe I do have a good reason to believe it because of what happened to someone in my life but I choose not to discuss it here.
That's cool, you don't need to go into details.

So, something happened to someone in your life. Can you imagine a scenario that would have resulted in the same thing happening, but without any supernatural involvement?

Sponsored Links
Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
102 - 10-09-2018, 18:00
It's just silliness.

Humans, as Homo Sapiens, have been on the earth for 200,000 years at the least. For most of it, people were born, many of them dying in the process of being born-- or birth killing their mothers.

Most didn't live beyond 30 or 40, dying of their dentition-- which they didn't understand-- or of microorganisms that they didn't know existed. If they didn't die of those things, they died in vicious and venomous turf wars with one another, carrying with them rival fetishes, to demonstrate their moral superiority.

All of this gruesomeness went on for hundreds of thousands of years, and Havax's God and heaven watched all of it with folded arms. Then, about 6000 years ago He decided that was enough, and chose to intervene.

It is no accident that religious people subscribe to the same brand of nonsense as their parents. Had Havax been born in Mumbai, he'd be a Hindu. Saudi Arabia, he'd be Muslim, and so on. Even sects of major religions can't agree: Hasidec Jews think themselves superior to Ashkenazi Jews; Southern Baptist Christians think Methodist Christians are out to lunch, and Sunni Muslims want to see the Shiites marched into the sea.

It's not just being misguided: religion is inherently evil, as it asks you to believe in something that can't be tested. Also, if you don't believe in it, when you die a supernatural being is going to light you on fire and you'll suffer forever. Also, this being loves you.

I'm quite happy being an atheist (and more appropriately, and antitheist: an atheist is simply without theism; as an antitheist, I am happy when people turn away from it), because I believe this is all there is, and there is no evidence that would make me believe differently. If you ask me what would make me change my mind about God, my answer is "evidence." If you ask a religious person what would change their mind about God, their answer is "nothing." My mind can be changed. Game, set, match.

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
103 - 10-09-2018, 18:03
Ok let's cut to the chase. If you are a christian and believe the Bible is the word of God, do you think you'd still believe it if you were born in Saudi Arabia?

Also, has anyone mentioned that the Bible promotes cannibalism? (totally an easy hyperbole but it makes me laugh)

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
104 - 10-09-2018, 18:06
i don't know if i believe in a "god" or a "heaven" or a "hell". I just choose to believe that there is something after death, and most of my decision comes from what that person in my life experienced. there is no reason for him to have lied to me about it, and it is hard for him to talk about it. but that is the reason he believes wholeheartedly that there is something after death as well, and i believe him.

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
105 - 10-09-2018, 18:07
Quote:
so you're telling me that most people on this earth believed we would be able to fly and had good reason to do so before the first manned flight in 1903?
I'm just saying it's an idiotic comparison

even before we worked out how to fly, there was evidence to suggest that it might be possible

other things fly

we could make things fly through the air with the application of physics (catapults etc)

there is not and has never been any evidence to suggest that an afterlife or deity exist

Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
106 - 10-09-2018, 18:08
Quote:
i don't know if i believe in a "god" or a "heaven" or a "hell". I just choose to believe that there is something after death, and most of my decision comes from what that person in my life experienced. there is no reason for him to have lied to me about it, and it is hard for him to talk about it. but that is the reason he believes wholeheartedly that there is something after death as well, and i believe him.
Wait, are we talking about some kind of near death experience here that this person has gone through?

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
107 - 10-09-2018, 18:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by coombz View Post
I'm just saying it's an idiotic comparison

even before we worked out how to fly, there was evidence to suggest that it might be possible

other things fly

we could make things fly through the air with the application of physics (catapults etc)

there is not and has never been any evidence to suggest that an afterlife or deity exist
okay, maybe it was a bad example. but there are plenty examples of things we know now that 200-400 years ago we would have never believed would be possible or we never believed would have existed. that was all i was saying.

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
108 - 10-09-2018, 18:31
Quote:
I had a dream last night that I was superman and decided to rob a bank.

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
109 - 10-09-2018, 18:36
i think u confuse atheists with liberals who are a bunch of miserable ****s cuz theyre libtards... theyre too stupid to call themselves atheists but mainly do so to spite the opposition

Dennis
VeteranXX
Old
110 - 10-09-2018, 18:36
Well's it's true, ignorance is bliss. Some of the happiest people I have ever met were mentally retarded.

The Magical Zoo
VeteranXV
Old
111 - 10-09-2018, 19:05
lmao this thread

Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
112 - 10-09-2018, 19:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
Well's it's true, ignorance is bliss. Some of the happiest people I have ever met were mentally retarded.
Every mentally retarded American I've ever met is a Christian. Most are wearing shirts with the flag, and can say "USA #1!" And give the thumbs up.

I've never met anyone with trisomy 21 or any other kind of mental challenge that didn't love The Lord and didn't love America.

KittyCat
VeteranXX
Old
113 - 10-09-2018, 19:17
You guys all got trolled by creepy greasy taxi

Greasy you disgusting slimebag kill yourself

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
114 - 10-09-2018, 19:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanster View Post
Every mentally retarded American I've ever met is a Christian. Most are wearing shirts with the flag, and can say "USA #1!" And give the thumbs up.

I've never met anyone with trisomy 21 or any other kind of mental challenge that didn't love The Lord and didn't love America.
You are so full of hatred it astounds me sometimes

KittyCat
VeteranXX
Old
115 - 10-09-2018, 19:25
Quote:
Im religious and i love everyone except refugees **** refugees and Muslims

And

Sjws
Obama
Killary
Libcucks
Gays
Blacks
Young

Reeeigion of love and acceptance like the bible said

Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
116 - 10-09-2018, 19:41
Quote:
I volunteer and work with mentally retarded kids. I don't hate anyone.

spockhammer
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
117 - 10-09-2018, 19:44
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeVeReD View Post
... taking drugs to forget woohooOoo

Anyway, I pray; I find it helps to believe in god... But not to follow a religion... if God wanted to be known he could be easily known.
y not just tie a string around ur dick to cut off the circulation if u want to cuck urself so bad?

cael
VeteranXX
Old
118 - 10-09-2018, 19:48
as a true christian i love everyone who is an old white evangelical man

Last edited by cael; 10-09-2018 at 19:50..
Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
119 - 10-09-2018, 19:54
Quote:
Have you ever met a mentally challenged child? A mentally challenged adult? Have you ever spent time around them at all?

How many that you met were professed atheists? I'm betting zero. How many listed Angola, Japan, or Iceland as their favorite country? Again, I'm betting zero.

They love the Christian God, and they love the USA. All of them.

I realize you're having difficulty confronting the implications and parallels with yourself difficult, but you're at some point you're going to have to man up or run away. You don't have a lot of options.

Last edited by Vanster; 10-09-2018 at 19:56..
SuicideTaxi
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
120 - 10-09-2018, 19:56
Does anybody know what this dude is talking about as he ****s my thread up into oblivion?

Page 6 of 77

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Have ya ever met a happy atheist?

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
gay for jesus , hail satan , hfs was this made by ants