Star Trek: Discovery & Orville Trailers

i kinda feel like Orville pays homage (steals) from older trek episodes and kinda chops them together

planet appearing out of nowhere was from DS9 (meridian), the god worship thing reminded me a lot of the TNG ep 'who watches the watchers'

planet out of time and observing its super fast evolution was VOY 'blink of an eye'

leaving isaac behind was p much the only plot point that vaguely surprised me and even that seemed kinda predictable once kelly started talking about doing it (and they did the same thing with the doctor in 'blink of an eye')

my fav ep so far is probably 'if the stars should appear' with the massive bio-ship and even that was pretty much totally ripped off from TOS "for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky"

but even with those kinda generic sci fi tropes it's entertaining tho

i guess the tropes kinda make the show feel 'trekky' which is why i enjoy it

Last edited:
yeah and 'for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky' is pretty much a ripoff of the book 'Orphans of the Sky'

Great episode with crazy ideas through out the season. I liked the last episode where Gordon goes what if other aliens are watching us from another dimension but we can't see them. That's exactly what I think. Or the episode with that huge ship that contained an entire city, that was good. I think the episodes are different from Star Trek. It depends what series you're talking about (Original, Next Generation, Deep Space 9, movies). It will be a question of whether Seth can keep writing the crazy episodes and if people stay hooked on the characters.

Last edited:
I'm finally getting through Discovery. Quality picks up significantly during this 4 part mirror universe arc. It's actually getting pretty good.

i actually really liked discovery's production quality and cinematography. even the sets didn't feel cheap.

i just wish they would have toned down the SJW stuff. star trek was always v progressive w social issues but it always just brushed em off casually. everything about the characters in discovery felt super forced.

the story was meh overall but hey, klingon titties

Back