[SO] The government is shut down...

Also, I guess it's ultimately Reagan's fault for arming the Taliban and teaching them how to fight the Russians, right? :)

Yeah.

I know you think you're witty with that line, but if you paid any attention at all to the thread you've been participating in you would realize I've been lambasting the republicans throughout it for the government shut down.

Just because someone calls you a partisan hack and an idiot doesn't mean they're automatically playing for the other team. I know your brain doesn't really comprehend that, it's stuck in it's 'us vs them' framework, but you could at least put a little effort into trying.

Yeah.

I know you think you're witty with that line, but if you paid any attention at all to the thread you've been participating in you would realize I've been lambasting the republicans throughout it for the government shut down.

Just because someone calls you a partisan hack and an idiot doesn't mean they're automatically playing for the other team. I know your brain doesn't really comprehend that, it's stuck in it's 'us vs them' framework, but you could at least put a little effort into trying.
:lol: So, the fact that I point out Bush has been notably criticized, and rightly so, for his lack of action leading up to 9/11 makes me a partisan hack and an idiot? And my Reagan line simply notes that anyone can blame a current problem on the previous administration, especially if the issue stretches across multiple presidencies like counter-terrorism. Nevertheless, the point about Bush still stand and you've done nothing to contradict or disprove the fact that his administration erred leading up to 9/11. It isn't "partisan" or "re-writing history" to criticize the proven failures of a president.

I guess I'll get back to my regular leftist activities. :wave:

Let's say 9/11 happened last month instead of 12 years ago, are you Obama haters going to sit there and tell me you wouldn't blame it on Obama?

You would.

Obama = worst President in history.

Conservatives say this every time a Democrat holds the office, you'll say it again in 2016 when you will lose the popular vote (again) by a decent margin. 2 months into his/her term, you'll be saying that this is the new worst president in history. *yawn*

Worst presidents in history, lowest number being the worst:

5.Warren G. Harding
4.G.W. Bush
3. James Buchanan
2. Richard Nixon
1. Herbert Hoover

Yeah Obama is well down the list of worst, fact history will be very good to Obama and all he's faced while dealing with the country's economic collapse.

Lets take 2 comparable events: Katrina vs Sandy

Bush handled hurricane Katrina horribly, worst natural disaster for centuries. 1833 preventable deaths.

Obama handled hurricane Sandy badly as well. Worst in centuries. Only 285 preventable deaths.

tumblr_mumhu8L23z1qb05two1_500.jpg

At least fox finally found a poll they can use

Not so huge really, fact as stated pretty much a no brainer.

What was the top republican priority during Obama's first term...

...helping create jobs? No
...working on solutions for our recovery? No

...making sure Obama was a one term president.? Winnar

... hows that working out for republicans? You know given they now will likely lose seats when the once more snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

...because of a handful of zealots.

Lets take 2 comparable events: Katrina vs Sandy

Bush handled hurricane Katrina horribly, worst natural disaster for centuries. 1833 preventable deaths.

Obama handled hurricane Sandy badly as well. Worst in centuries. Only 285 preventable deaths.

Without knowing anything about either event, and not giving a rats ass about American politics, the mind-numbing level of stupidity in this post is fucking Olympic standard.

Lest we forget the republicans had to pull a rules maneuver to take away the ability for their own members to call for a vote to end the shutdown.

gg

Katrina was indeed handled horribly - you can't put those deaths on Bush though. Everyone knew a strong hurricane hitting NO would be a disaster....this was known for years and years and years and yet nothing was done..

Sandy sucked, but it is a rare occurrence in that area - Obama did a much better job handling that disaster than Bush did Katrina. But I guess you could argue that after Katrina happened, no president would let the same thing happen again.

You can't control the weather, but you can control the response to disastrous weather.

Back