Fallout 3 = Oblivion with guns

Why Fallout 3 is good:

I shot mutants in the face
I shot ghouls in the face
I shot women in the face
I shot men in the face
I shot children in the face (although it didn't kill them)
I shot animals in the face
I shot robots in the face
I shot hookers in the face
I shot a colonel in the face
and I convinced the president to blow himself up.

That aside, it is an ok game if you aren't expecting a Fallout (I wasn't). VATS does NOT add turn based gameplay, and really makes the game too easy. Fallout 3 does have some good points, but I cbf going into them.

I'm running around in enclave tesla armor with a BoS paladin following me with a power sledge.

I wtfpwn shit so hard it's ludicrous.

I'm running around in enclave tesla armor with a BoS paladin following me with a power sledge.

I wtfpwn shit so hard it's ludicrous.

that bitch pissed me off so much with her super sledge

she was chasing raiders around and never catching them because they run backwards just as fast as her power armored ass runs forwards

so i gave her a combat shotgun, and aside from being a little trigger happy (she always seems to give an extra slug or two after im pretty sure they are dead) she rocks it pretty hard, even goes around the side sometimes and surprises me. Then again, she goes right in front of my VATS shots and surprises me that way sometimes too, so I guess it evens out.

Do followers weapons/armor degrade in condition at all? I know they go through ammo pretty quick

that bitch pissed me off so much with her super sledge

she was chasing raiders around and never catching them because they run backwards just as fast as her power armored ass runs forwards

so i gave her a combat shotgun, and aside from being a little trigger happy (she always seems to give an extra slug or two after im pretty sure they are dead) she rocks it pretty hard, even goes around the side sometimes and surprises me. Then again, she goes right in front of my VATS shots and surprises me that way sometimes too, so I guess it evens out.

Do followers weapons/armor degrade in condition at all? I know they go through ammo pretty quick

Yeah the ammo issue is a problem for me. I handed her a laser rifle at first, just to give her some range, and she chewed threw the ammo for it pretty quickly.

Also, I wish companions would pick up their own fucking ammunition, instead of making me do it for them.

Goddamn the animations in this game are terrible.
I was expecting the standard crap that Bethesda puts out, but this is much much worse than Oblivion. Practically on par with Morrowind.
Holy shit.
As a gamer it makes me cringe, as an animator it makes me weep that someone was paid actual money to do that.

Goddamn the animations in this game are terrible.
I was expecting the standard crap that Bethesda puts out, but this is much much worse than Oblivion. Practically on par with Morrowind.
Holy shit.
As a gamer it makes me cringe, as an animator it makes me weep that someone was paid actual money to do that.

You're on crack. This game has improved upon Oblivion in every way.

ZapSnap_2008-11-05_0144_002.jpg

--> kurayami. :banging:

My interest in the game is already starting to wane. It's nowhere near as good as even Oblivion, let alone the other Fallouts. The constant combat is grating as all hell and goes a long way towards destroying any Fallout feel the game had.

I just got through Vault 112 and I'm seriously hoping that it's almost over, which I never thought I'd say about a Fallout title. Of course, I never thought a Fallout title would be boiled down to a mindless FPS with an inventory and a "bullet time" button.

My interest in the game is already starting to wane. It's nowhere near as good as even Oblivion, let alone the other Fallouts. The constant combat is grating as all hell and goes a long way towards destroying any Fallout feel the game had.

I just got through Vault 112 and I'm seriously hoping that it's almost over, which I never thought I'd say about a Fallout title. Of course, I never thought a Fallout title would be boiled down to a mindless FPS with an inventory and a "bullet time" button.

I dunno, I'm finding it to be an alright game, sort of an Oblivion-done-right , but I don't think it deserves the crazy critical acclaim it's getting (hype machine ++). It's definitely fun at least as far as I'm concerned, but it has a lot of glaring issues, some of which are unacceptable considering that this is supposedly a multimillion dollar AAA title, and especially since these are becoming a Bethesda trademark.

If it didn't have the Fallout name, it would be standard Bethesda fare (big ideas, big world, absolutely no polish).
Most of the dev team has never played Fallout (by their own admission), and it shows. Just look at the "iguana-on-a-stick" They actually made it look like an iguana on a stick.

Oh well.
It could be worse.

Morrowind was astoundingly better than Oblivion. This is somewhere inbetween, but definitely closer to Oblivion.

I've only been playing Fallout 3 for about 5 hours now, level 6, wishing I had more money. It's not that fun. It's entertaining, but it truly is Oblivion done better with guns. But Oblivion done better is still mediocre.

Morrowind wasn't that good without mods either. Don't know why you like it so much.
Morrowind was great without mods.
It was exceptional with them.

I enjoyed it because I don't have the attention span of a gnat, which can't be said of most TW posters.

Morrowind was astoundingly better than Oblivion. This is somewhere inbetween, but definitely closer to Oblivion.

I've only been playing Fallout 3 for about 5 hours now, level 6, wishing I had more money. It's not that fun. It's entertaining, but it truly is Oblivion done better with guns. But Oblivion done better is still mediocre.
Careful.
Tahnit is going to come in and tell you how it is the GAME OF THE YEAR and that you should shut up because you've clearly never played it.

Back