Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Official] NHL free agency
Page 21 of 40
Android1
VeteranXV
Old
401 - 07-02-2008, 12:48
the pens lack defense???? are you kidding me? they were the third best D in the eastern conference last year, and will be even better this year.

Sponsored Links
Arcanox
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
402 - 07-02-2008, 12:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android1 View Post
the wings are gonna be really really ****ing good next year....i cant think of a team that matches up with them at all.

edit: its official...i hate the red wings
I wouldn't worry. Don't forget about the Stanley Cup hangover.

Sojourn
VeteranX
Old
403 - 07-02-2008, 12:50
Anaheim might be able to match them if they can pick up that 2nd line center, and maybe spent a bit more than the $50 million they are planning. The former is probable, the latter is not.

Kerosene31
VeteranXV
Old
404 - 07-02-2008, 12:51
Yeah, I wouldn't count out a few west teams to knock them off. I don't think the east has a prayer though.

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
405 - 07-02-2008, 12:51
kinda stupid when hossa was asking for a long term deal from all of the teams and then signs a 1 year deal with the wings.

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
406 - 07-02-2008, 12:53
the pens are now going after jagr, naslund, and demitra....i wouldnt mind bringing naslund back, i think he could contribute alongside sid. orpik looks to be coming back as well...will post details soon

.Keyser Soze
VeteranX
Old
407 - 07-02-2008, 12:54
Quote:
kinda stupid when hossa was asking for a long term deal from all of the teams and then signs a 1 year deal with the wings.
He'll be 30 next year and can sign an even bigger contract with another team when the cap raises even further. It's hardly a dumb move if he wants to win a cup.

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
408 - 07-02-2008, 12:54
actually...there are a couple teams that will present some challenges...anaheim and dallas come to mind. solid defensive teams, good goalies.

Kerosene31
VeteranXV
Old
409 - 07-02-2008, 12:55
Quote:
the pens lack defense???? are you kidding me? they were the third best D in the eastern conference last year, and will be even better this year.
They might have the best D in the east... but that still doesn't compare to the west. I think the west is still that much better.

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
410 - 07-02-2008, 12:56
im just saying that one year deals in the middle of your career CAN be a bad move. he has had a lot of knee problems in the past. if he gets injured he could screw himself in the long run.

asking for a long term deal and then turning around and signing a 1 year deal is kinda bush.

Sojourn
VeteranX
Old
411 - 07-02-2008, 12:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerosene31 View Post
Yeah, I wouldn't count out a few west teams to knock them off. I don't think the east has a prayer though.
It seems almost astounding how difference the depth is from the West to the East. The West just seems built for the playoffs.

Xcursion
VeteranXX
Old
412 - 07-02-2008, 12:57
Great, we won't hear the end of it from Yetskii now if it is true he signed with Detroit. Time for the Oilers to try plan b in going after Jagr.

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
413 - 07-02-2008, 12:58
jagr wont go to edmonton....ever.

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
414 - 07-02-2008, 12:59
rumors are that the penguins are jagrs second choice, right behind the rangers....if his friend naslund signs with pittsburgh, jagr could follow

Sojourn
VeteranX
Old
415 - 07-02-2008, 12:59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcursion View Post
Great, we won't hear the end of it from Yetskii now if it is true he signed with Detroit. Time for the Oilers to try plan b in going after Jagr.
That's okay. Yetskii is a douche who pretty much only knows as much about hockey as he reads in the newspaper.

Kerosene31
VeteranXV
Old
416 - 07-02-2008, 13:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcursion View Post
He's a Wings fan... he won't show up again until April

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
417 - 07-02-2008, 13:01
^^^

turdburgler
Veteran++
Old
418 - 07-02-2008, 13:04
Good god Detroit is scary.

We will never here the end of this from Yetskii...fack.

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
419 - 07-02-2008, 13:06
well...there are 82 regular season games and 16 wins needed in the playoffs. a lot can happen. anaheim should be really good next year and dallas will again be tough

Sojourn
VeteranX
Old
420 - 07-02-2008, 13:10
I'm anxious to see how Getzlaf and Perry do this next season. They took huge strides last year, and I don't think it's a stretch to expect them to take another step. Having a team that is hungry, and a team that has Scott Niedermayer for the entire season will also be a huge step. He helped take them from a .500 team to a team that had the best record after his return.

That 2nd line center is going to be important though.

Page 21 of 40

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Official] NHL free agency

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
badmofo has a huge penis , badmofo is faggot , bettman ruined tribes , but i poop from there! , canada sucks , crosby loves dick , epic thread , free gon , fuck you all :# yetskii , hockey , hockey. who gives a shit? , ikea is for faggots , kahula lays jew eggs , kings , lol leafs lol , nhl , penis , pens suck , red wings sc champs , visnovsky , yetskii is a homer , yetskii works at ikea , yetskii=dickstain