[Guns] Ordered new long range rifle. by Vermillion1 - Page 4 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Guns] Ordered new long range rifle.
Page 4 of 5
MC Hamster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
61 - 07-25-2011, 07:27
You really should look at the M95 instead. Bolt action means you're not sacrificing propellant to load your next round, which is vitally important in such an underpowered weapon, and when you've got a feral cement truck bearing down on you and your family that's scarcely a mile off, you've got to make that shot count.

Sponsored Links
Vermillion1
VeteranX
Old
62 - 07-25-2011, 07:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
Having shot that rifle, it's overrated and completely unnecessary for anything you could possibly use it for.

Obligatory you're a ****ing douche
I just want to hang it over the mantle and shoot it on rare occasion upon a guests request.

Dont be a hater.

RallyKazoo
VeteranXV
Old
63 - 07-25-2011, 08:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Hamster View Post
You really should look at the M95 instead. Bolt action means you're not sacrificing propellant to load your next round, which is vitally important in such an underpowered weapon, and when you've got a feral cement truck bearing down on you and your family that's scarcely a mile off, you've got to make that shot count.
I just laughed out loud in my office.

apollod
VeteranXX
Old
64 - 07-25-2011, 09:53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
A lot of people don't realize that identifying partially obscured targets without magnification is difficult. Not everyone is a range cowboy.
That's funny.. because it's pretty much a critical skill to shoot partially obscured camouflaged targets using nothing but iron sights before even beginning to zero anything that might go onto a Picatinny rail in the army (Caveat.. applies to Infantry units/RSTA Scout units; they didn't bother with that **** in non-combat arms units in my experience) If you can't do that **** at 300 meters let alone 300 yards; you need to reevaluate how you're doing ****

Machine
VeteranXX
Old
65 - 07-25-2011, 10:32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermillion1 View Post
The one I want a pelt off will be shot by something else

The rest are just going to get blown to bits with the .308 or 5.56 and the carcass left for the other wildlife.
So you want to just sit somewhere killing animals for no reason other than the fun of it. You're a real piece of ****. Saying "They're vermin" is just an excuse to justify it.

VF143Falcon
VeteranXV
Old
66 - 07-25-2011, 11:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine View Post
So you want to just sit somewhere killing animals for no reason other than the fun of it. You're a real piece of ****. Saying "They're vermin" is just an excuse to justify it.
Those vermin at my pet ducks. Kill them all!

SuicideTaxi
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
67 - 07-25-2011, 11:53
Coyotes can be a real pain in the ass

They're destructive as ****, and clever too... they pretty much can circumvent almost any kind of barrier, gate, fence, deterrent, or obstacle.

But I still would never take pride in shooting them. You're a ****ing ******.

Vermillion1
VeteranX
Old
68 - 07-25-2011, 20:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine View Post
If we are talking about coyotes. While it may seem like killing as many as one can is for "no reason" that just shows you know jack **** about coyotes and how much of a bunch of ****heads they are, like you.

Most states don't have a season, let alone a limit for killing these bastards.

Theres a reason why.

SexxxGodSteve
VeteranXV
Old
69 - 07-25-2011, 20:51
hunting wild piglets with a machete while youre chasing them down in a 4 wheeler is fun as ****

nSpectre
Musashi's Suck-pig
Rayn's Apprentice
Contributor
Old
70 - 07-25-2011, 22:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollod View Post
If you can't do that **** at 300 meters let alone 300 yards;

TonyElTigre
VeteranXX
Old
71 - 07-25-2011, 22:14
I can do it at 300 yards but 300 meters is just insane

who the **** is trying to be in the army, dude just want to hit game and kill coyotes, get over it

Vermillion1
VeteranX
Old
72 - 07-25-2011, 22:54
If I were to bag a game at even 400+ yards, one person spots and the other takes off on the 4 wheeler to go retrieve.

While alot of his land is wooded, there are a few spots that are nothing but open pasture, most of them a good 200-300 yards.

SuicideTaxi
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
73 - 07-25-2011, 23:28
You're still a ****** tho

Shiloh
Veteran++
Old
74 - 07-26-2011, 01:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollod View Post
That's funny.. because it's pretty much a critical skill to shoot partially obscured camouflaged targets using nothing but iron sights before even beginning to zero anything that might go onto a Picatinny rail in the army (Caveat.. applies to Infantry units/RSTA Scout units; they didn't bother with that **** in non-combat arms units in my experience) If you can't do that **** at 300 meters let alone 300 yards; you need to reevaluate how you're doing ****
Qualification ranges do not obscure targets. They might have brush near them, but never partially infront of them. And even if the maintenance has slipped, you know where the targets are going to pop up ever single time. You don't need to scan the woodline.

And by the time I got out of the army, nearly all the infantry I saw had low magnification (3x I think) on their rifles.

Furthermore, centermass isn't a good enough standard for hunting. You want a heart shot, especially if you are going to shoot at 200+ meters.

So yah, your analogy is a complete and utter failure.

Skei
VeteranX
Old
75 - 07-26-2011, 01:32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermillion1 View Post
Ive also started my Barret M107 (used) fund. Can pick them up for "lightly used" for $5,000 - hoping to have it in a year.

http://www.militaryfactory.com/small...rrett-m107.jpg

Why? Because I can. **** yea.
So are you going to buy a $200 optic for that rifle? There's a reason why Aimpoints are expensive.

bEbOp
VeteranX
Old
76 - 07-26-2011, 02:10
sigh... nostalgia thread for me. I lost the job which actually paid me something and had to put my AR build on hold. Hopefully something will come through soon and I'll be able to finish it before fall.

Kiint
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
77 - 07-26-2011, 02:24
Every time I see a gun thread, I imagine all the pro gun nuts as the various people from "Swamp People" and it all makes sense ... buck toothed, shaved heads, poor linguistic skills, all over compensated by the "right" to bear arms (and do so with a big dumb grin).

reZolut
VeteranXV
Old
78 - 07-26-2011, 02:26
priorities!

bEbOp
VeteranX
Old
79 - 07-26-2011, 02:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiint View Post
Every time I see a gun thread, I imagine all the pro gun nuts as the various people from "Swamp People" and it all makes sense ... buck toothed, shaved heads, poor linguistic skills, all over compensated by the "right" to bear arms (and do so with a big dumb grin).

I r noone of this. U git ur libral hate speach out of this hear thred.

Kiint
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
80 - 07-26-2011, 02:40
Quote:
Originally Posted by bEbOp View Post
I r noone of this. U git ur libral hate speach out of this hear thred.
Perfect, you're the one missing all your teeth except for one eye tooth you call "chopper" used for shot gunning beer from the can.

Page 4 of 5

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Guns] Ordered new long range rifle.

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
badmofo is a big fucking deal