What's your biggest Tribes regret?

The Magical Zoo

Veteran XV
In 1999 I was 11 years old during Tribes' prime. I knew about Natural etc. but preferred to just fuck around in pubs ramming scouts and flying HPCs full of heavies OOB lol.

Also in 2003 I turned down nazgul's offer to join |V|-ivaciousness and joined unrestrained - instead. They ended up recruiting zip who played 10v10 with the V cappers. V ended up crushing and holding #1 while we never got better than 4 or 5 and eventually died in a sea of drama.

what's yours

i have too many but off the top of my head

shuld have come to LT in 2003 instead of sticking around for pu league shifter which was insane drama fest and lots of military ppl so many military ppl. maybe play pu shifter and comp LT and arena at the same time idk

not having a stable internet connection during uni while still trying to play tribes LT drafts where id basically lag out as team leader mid match was really bad i did this in 2013 draft too i think im cursed with drafts

not having a good mouse till like 09 or something and b4 that playing with a logitech optical wheel mouse. which is like 10 bux but i really love that mouse and the grip etc. also played high sensitivity as chaser for years and was good but it was so much harder than low sensitivity and then low sense + a good mouse is like :-0 so that really fucked with me thinking about how much better i culd have been eg0++ etc

a while back i would have said screwing around playing renegades too long, but i dont regret that now

i did neglect a lot of matches at one point because i wanted to play daoc, teammates didnt like me being a no show so there was some hate there.. i shouldnt have done that

only things i regret is when my dad would ban me from tribe for a night or 3 from 99-01 (i was 11-13) cus i did stupid shit gfg

fuker would play in front of me and i would watch then lock the computer and say gfg

My regrets would be gaming on shitty computers with terrible setups for many years.

Also, 98-2001 I played on my sisters computer when she was out. (Only time I had to play because my older bro was much bigger than me and kicked me off the family computer) When she got married, she gave the computer to my dad and he took it to his work. Then he ended up throwing it away years later. So I lost all of my tribes shit from then. I had dueling demos and such. :/ so my regret is not making it clear that I wanted that computer to be brought home rather than thrown away.

idk if i have one

i guess some old demos would be cool but really when am i ever going to watch that shit? id rather go play.

There will be that time in all of our lives when we are old/older and we open tribes and there are no servers to play on.... all we will have are the demo's of past times..

I wish I had a demo of every time I ever played since day one

i had many shifter 1v1 demos hosted on my demo archive

as well as some shifter forums
and a bunch of base demos

dutch one day uploaded every demo he had i think it took him 2 days threw ftp to my site

had like every decent twl demo too that no one even looked at sometimes only 20 dls like demos from ppl in $G$ gangsta etc fishstix demos (worth money now imo)

i was getting that dreamhost deal for 9.40 a year worth of hosting and some stupid or infinite amount of bw

and one year i forgot to pay for a month or two and when i checked back everything was deleted

gfg

Hello Dare :)

That video is actually what made me check TW.

I still have all of my old demos and probably the largest collection of previously unreleased demos in existence, all labeled and sorted. Either 6 or 10 gigs I think. I should upload them some time.

Back