Tribes Rebirth (source port)

i kinda think of tribes like those old wooden tennis rackets

sure, they weren't as good as modern carbon fiber ones. and yes, if you're used to carbon fiber you're never gonna want to go back to wood because it's harder to use well

but that's not to say that tennis was shitty or impossible before racket improvements- just that it was different

cs is not long range like tribes dood wtf ru talking about

hit a 100m ma or 200m ma or cg at that range while flying through the air after a double dj chase fairly consistently

that is long range

long range in CS is a lot different than long range in tribes. you're aiming at a tiny head hitbox on someone who can strafe unpredictably and there's a lot of recoil on automatic weapons. in tribes people are often moving in parabolas, they have a single large hitbox over their whole body and there's no recoil to compensate for.

so u wuld rather have mabel muktar and mstar saying they want twitch only tribes than my opinion on a tribes game? LOL

k tell me when u start supporting stephen harper too

no i'm saying that mabel muktar and mstar are the last people we should listen to

chainwhores and shrike pilots? those aren't the people who should have a say about tribes.

no i'm saying that mabel muktar and mstar are the last people we should listen to

chainwhores and shrike pilots? those aren't the people who should have a say about tribes.

mabel very much is a gamer who likes 2 play games optimally and if the chaingun is super strong op, he will chainwhore.

at the same time he realizes this is a fault and will balance midair better than any other tribes game (1, 2, ascend, whatever). legions had the best disc/nade/chain balance for instance partially due to him.

also noone is listening to muk or mstarr about a tribes game idk why you even bring these ppl into the picture.

Last edited:
ive never backlashed anything altimor has done other than stuff to blatantly joke meanly with him

mabel is a different story man. its like anticheats. u start forcing ur will on ppl u dont understand pass judgement all this other bullshit

i have a right to disagree with the direction midair is taking if its appealing to ppl that liked t:a/legions more than t1 LOL

sorry i want a clone of t1 cuz the gameplay in high level pu's is more interesting and plays in a unique way

do i have to keep arguing for y t1 is unique, it feels good and it feels different shuld be enough

mabel very much is a gamer who likes 2 play games optimally and if the chaingun is super strong op, he will chainwhore.

at the same time he realizes this is a fault and will balance midair better than any other tribes game (1, 2, ascend, whatever). legions had the best disc/nade/chain balance for instance partially due to him.

also noone is listening to muk or mstarr about a tribes game idk why you even bring these ppl into the picture.

yep he's a guy that will find the most powerful, broken mechanic in a game and then exploit it as much as he can to gain an advantage

if everyone played like him, T:A would be all Raider 24/7

rebalance the game like legions which in his opinion is better than t1 LOL

time to further fire's fascist brainwashing in t1 pus

basically if our pus increase in skill level and intensity from here on out he will probably be a t1 fanboi more so than legions imo

yep he's a guy that will find the most powerful, broken mechanic in a game and then exploit it as much as he can to gain an advantage

if everyone played like him, T:A would be all Raider 24/7

isn't that exactly the guy who you want balancing a game? someone who can find and abuse broken mehanics?

ya it is

sux u come from bastardized tribes games that had broken mechanics in the first place

t1 base doesnt and a lot of the mods dont either

:-(

o w3ll we will try to educate u threw pu imo

isn't that exactly the guy who you want balancing a game? someone who can find and abuse broken mehanics?

ya it is

no, that's the point. anyone can find and abuse broken mechanics.

lets compare two very different players:

Binswees and Mabel

Binswees is the kind of guy that will choose the highest risk, highest reward, highest skill level weapon and master that. He's the kind of guy that's plenty capable of chainwhoring but chooses not to.

Mabel is the kind of the guy finds the easiest way to win and does only that.

Whose opinion on games would i find more valid? The guy who chooses to master the highest skill weapons, or the guy that chooses to master the easiest. The guy that can own me in any armor with any weapon - or the guy that's really good at the one that requires the least amount of skill.

sux u come from bastardized tribes games that had broken mechanics in the first place

t1 base doesnt and a lot of the mods dont either

:-(

o w3ll we will try to educate u threw pu imo

except for the cg that operates on honor rules

project update: all the core engine code compiles, the tribes headers need to be reconstructed now

except for the cg that operates on honor rules

project update: all the core engine code compiles, the tribes headers need to be reconstructed now

this has more to do with hurt feelings imo then it being "Broken"

u need that kind of powerful cg to keep the pace of the game in LT

lately we've had a lot of pacifism with disc only type stuff but in real comp u need agro chasers imo

disc only chasing can be used in comp too but agro cging is something every1 shuld learn anyway so they can understand y its a good thing but also y we have rules about it etc also it teaches positioning and u learn when u need to make critical plays (when cg doesnt matter 4 example and u suicide spam their flag stand on dx to prevent a cap and buy time)

Last edited:
imo there r just 2 many games, market is oversaturated. toxikk, ql, ut4, reflex, t1, + other less known games, and now doom and midair (which will highly unlikely b better than t1) r gonna come out, cliffyb is working on some arena fps w/ jetpacks - and that is just for niche fps games, shooters like cs, cod, bf then u have plenty of MMO games and long deep single-player games like dragon age, witcher, skyrim etc etc and plenty of other interesting games being released every month who's gonna play them all? even few of those fps games would b 2 much for my free time. the fuq should i do?

ppl r gonna have to consolidate on one set of standardized mechanics like cs, mobas, and quake have

in tribes we thought that wuld be skiing and jet packs but it is a bit more nuanced just like q3 to reflex or half life to cs

p.s. i'm not trying to be a dick about Mable i know he's a good player

but he's like the dude in cs who camps corners for the first two rounds and then awps the rest of the time

edit: then again, maybe he was doing that shit in pubs to show how OP those things were hoping they'd get nerfed, idk i shouldn't judge

sry mables if ur somehow reading this

Last edited:
p.s. i'm not trying to be a dick about Mable i know he's a good player

but he's like the dude in cs who camps corners for the first two rounds and then awps the rest of the time

There's no such thing as camping in CS, it's just part of the game and you're expected to check corners. I don't know what the problem is with buying AWP for the most of the game either, that's a valid role and most teams have a dedicated AWPer. Honor bullshit is silly.

btw fontedit "works" but the GUI is broken and doesn't draw
Screenshot%202015-07-20%2018.15.20.png

it looks like they changed their window library since it was made, broke it and didn't give a shit :\

Back