Community Montage

Laughing-Stork

Veteran XV
With the recent surge in demo sharing, I think it’s time to make a tryhard community Tribes montage of plays from over the years. I want this to be filled with anybody and everybody fucking shit up. This will be something to look back on nostalgically years from now when we're old and playing in wheelchairs.

What I'm looking for in clips is consistency and clutchness. This won't be a montage only filled with clips of long midairs. I want to see clips of people hitting multiple midairs in a row, stopping consecutive cappers, multi-midair chases, chaining out a ton of people in quick succession to get a return, caps where you have to fight a horde of enemies to get a capture, grabs where you midair the defenders, and similarly awesome scenarios. Here's two examples that will be in the montage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3djiGH6gdW8

And here’s another by Elixir:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiG7AgD0WTU&feature=youtu.be&t=1392

This is an attempt to meet the expectations set by Tribes Legacy. To be the Legacy of the later years of Tribes. Aiming for a montage similar to Legacy and others such as these -

The completion of this montage hinges on getting enough footage. You can contribute footage from any player who has ever played, so long as a demo exists. Submit the demos here via sendspace.com and give me a time in the game the play occurs (for example, 12:15 seconds left on the clock).

These clips can also be from Youtube videos if you’ve seen them. Give me a link to the Youtube video along with a timestamp and I will try to get in touch with the uploader to see if I can get the demo. Here’s the best Youtube channels for finding clips (I’ll add more channels as I find them). I will be actively looking through my own channel to find good stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC75PfAdL1XEo8xfh8w9DSbg
https://www.youtube.com/user/FixiousMaximus/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3q3rvLosTGyH1sPkpAzxXg

I can't promise every clip you give me will end up in the montage, there’s a high standard bar, but it's worth sending it in and giving it a shot if you think the footage is worthy. The clips can be pretty long, up to 2 minutes or so, because films can fast forward through the boring stuff to shorten the clips. Everyone who contributes, along with the players making the plays, will be given proper credit.

Also, start demoing now! It will take time to make a quality video, so make some plays and submit them.

cce2f4de6b1085621d5a2beb90117d9d04114f15fe0253f54ecbe755b7914f0b.jpg

need to find the democam used in legacy, or someome script a new one

it acted like the scout controls, if u started pitching, it would continue so until u moved mouse again, so u could make it spin around in different speeds, it didnt tilt the screen like it does in the actual scout tho

would make for great cinematics (as in legacy, but honestly can be done even better)

the normal democam sucks dicks, hand movements just impossible to look smooth

put in a nice long stand off full of passes and kills i like watching those

I'm hoping ppl can send me some vids of this. I'm prob gonna scan through my old demos and see if I can find any. I want a large variety of plays and awesome standoffs are something we need for sure.

need to find the democam used in legacy, or someome script a new one

it acted like the scout controls, if u started pitching, it would continue so until u moved mouse again, so u could make it spin around in different speeds, it didnt tilt the screen like it does in the actual scout tho

would make for great cinematics (as in legacy, but honestly can be done even better)

the normal democam sucks dicks, hand movements just impossible to look smooth

man i agree with this 100%.

Cool of you to do this stork

This will probably end up taking you longer than you anticipate if you do it well so I imagine we have quite some time to get demos in but please update us with cutoff dates as you progress.

I assume u want them in rec form and titled with the time the awesomeness occurs?

Taking clips from previously made videos is not a good idea if u want to make a high quality vid.

Also will you be accepting entries from second tier players?

Cool of you to do this stork

This will probably end up taking you longer than you anticipate if you do it well so I imagine we have quite some time to get demos in but please update us with cutoff dates as you progress.

I assume u want them in rec form and titled with the time the awesomeness occurs?

Taking clips from previously made videos is not a good idea if u want to make a high quality vid.

Also will you be accepting entries from second tier players?

It may very well be a lengthy endeavour. It all depends on the flow of quality clips we get. I'll definitely give updates as things progress in new threads so nobody misses them. Right now the only timeframe I want to give this is 2015.

The format I've been keeping things in is:
Player Name - Brief Description - MM;SS.rec
Example:
MilkMan - Triple MA - 12;05.rec

You don't have to upload it like this, but it is appreciated. I do need a timestamp before the play begins, not when it occurs. So if the triple midair begins at 11;55, you could stamp it 12;05.

I think there's too many good clips we might have seen in a much smaller capacity then what will be done with them in this video, and we shouldn't discount them because of that. If we want this video to show the peak of the skill level we've achieved, we might have to show a few things that have been seen before. I also want this video to be far-reaching enough that people from any Tribes game can appreciate it and understand why we're still playing this game. Hopefully the quality of this video is high enough and there's enough new content to where everything seems fresh.

Accepting entries from everyone, as long as you're fucking shit up. Really hoping to see some awesome plays from everyone.

I can send u my skybox skies if u want this thing 2 b pretty.

This thing will definitely be pretty. Hit me up in PMs with screenshots of anything you've made and continue to make. We're a ways away from the recording phase, so I'll probably inquire more to the whole community about textures and skyboxes in order to create a really great look to this later on.

Back