Tribes Rebirth (source port)

t1 dx is a very refined deep map

much more than any remake of it ive played

it plays very very different from the t2/t:a etc version

some maps r just really good

my fav rotation is something like dx/sh/hb/bf/sf/meatpit maybe lotus ccd rd sb sc etc thrown in for more variety

i think there is an asperg compulsion to play the same map over and over and sit in the same corner and maybe THIS time will be different but probably not and somehow thats comforting to some people like eating the same foods on the same days and shit like that

i dont think u understand the type of context the insult aspergers is typically used in

do ppl who drive cars have aspergers cuz they only drive cars

like i kno what ur saying but if we take ur car example its like owning 100 cars but only ever driving one cause 'its the best'

personally i get sick of something even if its the best, and want a bit of variety.

like, i get having a top 5 that you want to use most often

but i dont get just driving the same car every day if you own 100 of them. heck i'd drive a different car every other day just so i dont get bored of my favorite

well u can have 100 cars and a favourite/daily driver there nothing wrong with that imo especially if its a reasoned out opinion

also with t1 mapping do u want to be driving 100 cars that are broken and shit and made by swordfish? i dont. tried that already fuck that those maps/cars sucked dix.

@Altimor: Never mind, I also spell german words wrong too, like "Projekt" with c :D

To the Tesselation: Yes just adding tesselation to the maps would end in a mess with..running into slopes or walking in the air.. If you would just add a bit tesselation like 10x and not 10.000x, It will be still low res enough to load the mesh, as static, to the cpu and generate a correct collision detection.

Here is also a solution for real time collision of heavy tesselated objects with voxelization: http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/people/cloop/collision.pdf

plan b) Using parallax occlusion mapping to just add more detail, like flat 3 structures.. stones, dirt + grass shader to hide the low poly terrain.

Q: Is it possible to get the terrain, mesh more hi-res (tighter mesh)? I wouldn't affect older maps, but new maps could be made with more detail and hi-res highmaps.

sorry you triggered me with what you said about still low-poly terrain, and now I cant sleep anymore ;D

Last edited:
@Altimor: Never mind, I also spell german words wrong too, like "Projekt" with c :D

To the Tesselation: Yes just adding tesselation to the maps would end in a mess with..running into slopes or walking in the air.. If you would just add a bit tesselation like 10x and not 10.000x, It will be still low res enough to load the mesh, as static, to the cpu and generate a correct collision detection.

Here is also a solution for real time collision of heavy tesselated objects with voxelization: http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/people/cloop/collision.pdf

plan b) Using parallax occlusion mapping to just add more detail, like flat 3 structures.. stones, dirt + grass shader to hide the low poly terrain.

Q: Is it possible to get the terrain, mesh more hi-res (tighter mesh)? I wouldn't affect older maps, but new maps could be made with more detail and hi-res highmaps.

sorry you triggered me with what you said about still low-poly terrain, and now I cant sleep anymore ;D

The first one would change physics though, and I'm not doing that. Higher res terrain support for new maps, maybe.

For simplicity, we demonstrate our approach using bicubic
Bézier patches. However, our algorithm can be applied
to any patching scheme (e.g., [LSNC09], [NLMD12])
whose patches can be bounded. An overview of our algorithm
pipeline of is shown in Figure 1. Our experimental
results show that a collision test between two objects consisting
of thousands of patches can be pe

Back