[Official] GoT S5 Thread

to all those pissed Ser Barristan went down to a bunch of thugs, I agree but the fucker was like 75 years old. It was disappointing to see him die in the back alley of a brothel by some upset aristocrats half a world away from where he made his name in Westeros.

But he dide doing what he had done so well most of his life: protecting his King or Queen. And like I said, he was old as fuck, hard to expect him to take out all those dudes even if he used to be a bad ass.

Besides he was basically now just an adviser anyway.

in the book him and his armor took down some screaming fighter with an ankh. That was him old. at least the dude was a fighter, not some shit silverspoon kids

Wasn't he thought to be inspired by some real historical figure who was a badass in youth, but came out of retirement to join a war in his 70s and still kick ass?

I think it's also supposed to remind the viewer the good guys don't always win or overcome insurmountable odds all the time

As if we needed more reminders about that

No, it was a historical figure. He entered a war in his 70's, somehow met up in the middle of the field with the enemy's legendary badass, fought him and killed him by catching him in the slit of his helm visor. When soldiers found out, it ruined the enemy moral. It was a really cool story.

Spoiler

yeah but saying jon has kings blood is a bit of a misnomer as far as confirming R+L=J. It is 100% fact that he has stark blood in him, and starks were kings of the north for centuries

Book spoilers:

Spoiler

Book spoilers:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Book Spoilers and speculation: (respond to Skibbi - basically what fool said)
Spoiler

Back