VeteranX
Old
22 - 10-08-2004, 16:09
childish

Krazy Bear
VeteranX
Old
23 - 10-08-2004, 16:10
Give the guy a damn break......He said a mod.....so your happy ass wont be bothered!!!

god you all are some real jerks.

Hologram
VeteranXX
Old
24 - 10-08-2004, 16:12
Terminator Two Mod would be cool. Go for it!

Fragbait
VeteranX
Old
25 - 10-08-2004, 16:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBodkins
childish
I'll buy an 'E' for $250

Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
26 - 10-08-2004, 16:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy Bear
Give the guy a damn break......He said a mod.....so your happy ass wont be bothered!!!

god you all are some real jerks.
Ours won't, because we know which mods to avoid (either because of personal preference or downright shazbotty design). But the new players (we DO want to attract some of those, remember?) might fire up T:V and get lost in the jungle of shazbotty mods, then decide to go back to doom 3. I only ask him to think twice before coming up with an idea for a new mod, because it's really easy to screw up.

Quaduce
VeteranXX
Old
27 - 10-08-2004, 16:30
If you wanna play T2 play T2

BlueBlaze
Banned
Old
28 - 10-08-2004, 16:32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragbait
Can you?

Blotter
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
29 - 10-08-2004, 16:34
Quote:
This is hilarious.

T1 players - who begged for T1 with better graphics - criticizing someone for wanting T2 with better graphics.

Can you spell Hypocrit?
i agree.

if t2 players want a t2-esque mod for t:v, let them. its a new game, better bells and whistles, but some may prefer certain t2 elements, and since no one is playing t2 anymore, they may have to create a mod.

let ppl play what they want.

Blotter
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
30 - 10-08-2004, 16:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeu5
Ours won't, because we know which mods to avoid (either because of personal preference or downright shazbotty design). But the new players (we DO want to attract some of those, remember?) might fire up T:V and get lost in the jungle of shazbotty mods, then decide to go back to doom 3. I only ask him to think twice before coming up with an idea for a new mod, because it's really easy to screw up.
then maybe the developers should of left modding out all together? its been put in for a reason, choice.

SycoFreak
Unregistered
Old
31 - 10-08-2004, 16:43
Didn't T:V JUST come out? Shouldn't people be focusing on playin' the actual game then worring about mods? There's nothin' wrong with that, but give the game some play time before messin' it up with mods...

Blotter
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
32 - 10-08-2004, 16:54
i agree with that too. alot of t2 ppl may have a chip on there shoulder because t2 was modded (after about 8 months of base play though), and there game was 'taken away', so they want revenge....

mods should come out in no less than 4-5 months after giving base a shot.

-CPL-
VeteranX
Old
33 - 10-08-2004, 17:02
without the mod - desertcombat, i would have never kept playing Bf1942.

I love mods, classic was a mod, why not hope someone creates something like it
if someone makes a mod that does what classic did to t2. OMG <3

im saying not reinvent, but adjust, tweak, etc. no need to reinvent an already round wheel that tv brings us. Mods may bring the extra elements the community is craving.

ZenTseTse
VeteranX
Old
34 - 10-08-2004, 17:06
Quote:
This is hilarious.

T1 players - who begged for T1 with better graphics - criticizing someone for wanting T2 with better graphics.

Can you spell Hypocrit?
i agree, it's rather comical...

however, i think most folks are honestly just saying this is a new game... neither T1 nor T2. that's absolutely true...

that said, folks need to be open minded of the idea of doing mods... whatever they might be...

if somebody makes a mod for TV that is POPULAR... support that. period.

Krazy Bear
VeteranX
Old
35 - 10-08-2004, 17:11
Ok for all of you all that cant seem to use your brains.T2 has been going on now for what 3 years now right?Over that time the community has droped down to a few select people left playing.Ok so over time people look for somthing different and move on.Now i am a die hard t2 fan, but yes it is all but dead.So when t:v came out we where hoping for something better than t2.Not a step back as which t:v is.Now we know this game was being made to suit the newbies out there.And it has done that well.But we and i think i speak for the t2 community was hoping for a something that was a little better than what it is now.Now by asking for a mod for t:v isnt going to hurt any one of you all that play T:V.Maybe you will even like it more that we are not in the servers pubing with you all.And when it gets posted in the forums for some one to please make a mod......We are not asking for your opion...because really we dont care to hear it.So to sum things up 1 more time.........Dont bother us and we wont bother you.And remember all we are really asking for is a game that we ALL can enjoy

{A} PR24
VeteranX
Old
36 - 10-08-2004, 17:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenTseTse
define "T2".

there are about 5 different "T2" depending on who you talk to, each with different settings, philosophy, maps, etc.

if by "T2" you simply mean the shrike... then it will happen soon.

if by "T2" you mean the base physics, don't count on it.
I HATE the idea of that shrike returning

hfingers
VeteranX
Old
37 - 10-08-2004, 17:14
Quote:
Originally Posted by menes
What a GWB Dope!

Lister, I know what you're saying. You want a modernized version of T2, and appropriately so since it has 100x the depth of T:V.

T:V has none of the elements that make T2 players play, unless of course they were actually T1 players.

The answer is, someone will likely release these mods cause frankly, standalone T:V wouldn't last 1 year on its own.

Jim: Hi, I'm princess Lucy. U rock!
Hey bro i was a T2 player and if i want to play it i will fire it up. My point is that this game is 3 days from release and someone wants to talk about modding it for T2. I would love some maps to be brought over from T2. Right now I am just enjoying getting to play a new game.

-CPL-
VeteranX
Old
38 - 10-08-2004, 17:15
i would like the flag stands moved farther apart, but you dont see me here whining.

{A} PR24
VeteranX
Old
39 - 10-08-2004, 17:16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl. of Tribes
i would like the flag stands moved farther apart, but you dont see me here whining.
You just did

ZenTseTse
VeteranX
Old
40 - 10-08-2004, 17:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by {A} PR24
I HATE the idea of that shrike returning
fine, then dont play on servers that run it.

this silly aspect of "fans" for movies and games where they demand things have to be THEIR WAY... is what can kill this game.

TV is what it is, and the game can evolve in many different ways... for many different interests.

crying about something you wont even play (and have a choice about)... is stupid if in fact that option will be fun/enjoyed by many other fans.

nobody is gonna force us to play mods, maps, mutators we dont like.

Page 2 of 7

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page T2 mod for T3?

Social Website Bullshit