Installing WOW again...

JohnWayne

Veteran XX
What the fuck is wrong with me?

I sold my old account (high lvl raiding druid). It's winter time and I am going to get back into not going out as much. Gonna be starting from fresh.. this is gonna rock.

Figure I'll get back into the game so I can learn what has changed.. then i'll make the new alliance race and level it up in December.

You're not alone; many of us have broken down and resubbed. Try to find someone else who can RAF with you and you'll at least be 60 in no time. Although really with the new talents you'll fucking fly anyways.

If you paid attention to TotalBiscuit's youtube page you'd probably be aware that (at least in the beta) Blizzard is making some attempts to make heroics and raiding challenging again. That could be a reason some people are coming back, though if true who knows how long it will last before the over-casualized WotLK QQ'ers will cry that it's too hard and just nerf it with padded kiddie gloves again.

If you paid attention to TotalBiscuit's youtube page you'd probably be aware that (at least in the beta) Blizzard is making some attempts to make heroics and raiding challenging again. That could be a reason some people are coming back, though if true who knows how long it will last before the over-casualized WotLK QQ'ers will cry that it's too hard and just nerf it with padded kiddie gloves again.

They made it so you need to CC again, but they also made CC ridiculously easy to apply and maintain. I CC'd heroics as a hunter during BC, sometimes three targets in one pull, and this is pansy shit now.

I resubbed 2 days ago. you are not alone JW. I was thinking about checking in on the STK guys on Tich. I have a 6200 gs DK that i play around with.

Why would you relevel weeks before the expansion where you can play a character model that doesn't look like it came from a PS1?

People don't want to be a Goblin or Worgen? :shrug:

I would hold off leveling only for the fact that 1-60 is completely different and actually fun to go through.

im letting a friend play my account as a rogue before he resubs, but ill be playing again when cata comes out myself, cant wait to go through all the old places and see it all new like the first time again

Leveling 1-60 on PvP servers come Cataclysm is going to suck. Archaeology, which currently provides the best 2her before heroic raids, is going to have a lot of 85's in the old world. It used to be manageable if you were hunted by someone WAY higher level than you, but on beta my ghoul will one-shot anyone below 60 easily.

They made it so you need to CC again, but they also made CC ridiculously easy to apply and maintain. I CC'd heroics as a hunter during BC, sometimes three targets in one pull, and this is pansy shit now.

It's more than CC now, especially heroics. A good number of fights involve mechanics that simple tank and spank won't work and even CC'ing won't completely save you. At least until they nerf it...

im letting a friend play my account as a rogue before he resubs, but ill be playing again when cata comes out myself, cant wait to go through all the old places and see it all new like the first time again

Doing a flyover of the continents just looking at how much has changed is pretty wild.

Leveling 1-60 on PvP servers come Cataclysm is going to suck. Archaeology, which currently provides the best 2her before heroic raids, is going to have a lot of 85's in the old world. It used to be manageable if you were hunted by someone WAY higher level than you, but on beta my ghoul will one-shot anyone below 60 easily.
They already said that the sites that appear on your map aren't the same as anyone else's.

old world is gonna be phased anyway to prevent ganking

and every expansion blizz claims to "make it more difficult." :lol: all it means is more 5 mans will have you move away from fire or falling rocks, then once everyone gets the 85 heroic and raid gear it wont matter anymore

Back