4.0.1 THoughts (Fuck someone else make a thread :s)

30k on BQL isn't difficult. 33k as second bit as fire isn't difficult either which is what I had last week. Prior to the new patch the records were well into 40k.

And Arcane isn't even the most potent spec, if anything it will be buffed come 85 because no one will be playing it with how good fire will be.

Edit: In the future don't reference BQL when referring to nerfs...numbers scale completely differently on that fight.

Fire is hilarious for PVP, but I might switch back to arcane since I am too gimp to make fire work well in 5 mans. I wish I could link my char for tips but wow-heroes and wowarmory both don't seem to be working since 4.0.

xp/mb, what are your names on tich? If I xferred a guy for 5 mans and light raiding, what class should I bring? (mage, sham, warr, hunt, rogue) I have a 42 lock without any heirlooms (suck) as well already on tich but I really just want ppl to 5 man with. I have a DK I might xfer as well depending on how archi fairs in the future (getting tired of 20+ min BG queues and 20+ min dps random queues).

BTW RealID friends are amazing. Being able to chat cross-realm is wicked (why don't they make guilds cross realm? That would solve everything. Other than take away a tonne of money from blizz :( )

Of the classes you listed warrior or rogue would be the two best options as far as what we already have, assuming they are decently geared and you don't suck with them I'm sure we could use you.

Rogue is about 5.2k gs but warr is only 72 right now; I'd xfer him to finish leveling him out.

Zeph I don't want to take someone's spot who raids a lot though; wouldn't be fair to them. I really just like the social aspect of chatting with people who aren't complete idiots and running some things with them (quiet guild chats are creepy). If I have to show my achievement to get access to Naxx or ToC or Uld one more time I am going to kill myself. I'm way more interested in cool people than hardcore players at this point (ie. I'd rather raid with you or xp with a shitty gs and no achievements but have fun than a bunch of 15 yr old homophobes who talk on vent like we're playing fifa on XBL).

Oh god do I suck. And I am going to fuck you till you love me.

30k on BQL isn't difficult. 33k as second bit as fire isn't difficult either which is what I had last week. Prior to the new patch the records were well into 40k.

And Arcane isn't even the most potent spec, if anything it will be buffed come 85 because no one will be playing it with how good fire will be.

Edit: In the future don't reference BQL when referring to nerfs...numbers scale completely differently on that fight.

Well with 61XX GS I'm far from the best geared. And it should be noted that those guys who have the "record" are supported by an entire raid in order to hit peak numbers. 30k with my gear is too much. I refereced BQL mainly because of the max crit that both mages got.

However, if you don't like BQL, how about a 101k crit on Saurfang?

I am keeping in mind that these builds are focused around lvl 85 raiding but if they don't nerf mages, they need to bump a LOT of other classes. Saurfang is a fight heavily favoring melee and both mages were significantly ahead of the melee DPS for the entire fight.

I expect some serious class balancing patch's soon. We all know Bliz watches raid dmg and heals...

You won't see class balancing until a month or two past 4.0.3 at least. Until a good portion of people start raiding at 85 there is no real way to tell if a nerf is needed yet. 2.0 and 3.0 were just like this; relax and enjoy the ride. When Mutilate was first released, rogues were godless killing machines.

10 seconds... ya

Bull-Shit-O-Meter just went into overdrive.

OH wait I'm sorry, didn't realize you were talking about 5 man heroics.

I'm sorry, are you not able to read? Or maybe it's the comprehension that's got you down?

Or perhaps you're just a fucking idiot. I'm going with that, since it makes the most sense.

AB's critting that high isn't shocking considering the whole Mana Adept mechanic, especially with BQL scaling. And I gaurentee your Saurfang crit came with all CD's popped right at the beginning of the fight.

You won't see continious crits like that with mana riding in the 10k range which is where Arcane mages will typically be at level 85 raiding content waiting for Mana CD's to come off CD.

The average AB of an arcane mage on H LK would be in the toilet, standing still pewpewing for a minute and a half will yield a high average and high upfront crits, you're reading too far into it and Blizzard already made the nerfs they're going to make for level 80.

AB's critting that high isn't shocking considering the whole Mana Adept mechanic, especially with BQL scaling. And I gaurentee your Saurfang crit came with all CD's popped right at the beginning of the fight.

You won't see continious crits like that with mana riding in the 10k range which is where Arcane mages will typically be at level 85 raiding content waiting for Mana CD's to come off CD.

The average AB of an arcane mage on H LK would be in the toilet, standing still pewpewing for a minute and a half will yield a high average and high upfront crits, you're reading too far into it and Blizzard already made the nerfs they're going to make for level 80.

It was on the second iterations of cooldowns while BL was running during the last 30% of Saurfang. I know what you mean though, I was thinking the exact same way about it as you are now. I was fire in ICC, specced arcane and fire when the reset hit, and then specced fire to frost for PvP. I was going to respect arcane into fire last night because I was worried I wouldn't pull enough DPS for longer fights. But with the amount of mana regen that the other classes provide to raid members, and a 2 minute cooldown on Evo I didn't spend any time just sitting there OOM. I did run out of mana on rotface but it was right at the end, and the huge lead I pulled when all my cooldowns were running kept me top of the list when I couldn't go all out.

Have you tried arcane in ICC since the patch and nerf?

xpdnc: I know some children have difficulty expressing their feelings using words. Try to use your words, instead of spewing insults that make you look stupid. We're talking about raid encounters. Are you really trying to suggest a 10 second raid encounter?

xpdnc: I know some children have difficulty expressing their feelings using words. Try to use your words, instead of spewing insults that make you look stupid. We're talking about raid encounters. Are you really trying to suggest a 10 second raid encounter?

From your previous posts I took you to be a cool person, but then your last post was dripping with elitist prickism. I only hope that someday I can present my case as purely as you did, when you tried to appear as though you misread my post, but "accidentally" left the insults intact.

I'm sorry that you don't know what heroics are. I never said hard modes, and I never meant it to be taken as such.

Not trying to sound elitest. I'm trying to get legit feedback from other people who play the class.

I didn't know you mean heroics.

Thanks for the input. Ya 5 man heroic bosses are about 10-15 seconds depending on how many DPS classes you have to carry.

Not trying to sound elitest. I'm trying to get legit feedback from other people who play the class.

I didn't know you mean heroics.

Thanks for the input. Ya 5 man heroic bosses are about 10-15 seconds depending on how many DPS classes you have to carry.

I assumed you were, since that's how most people roll here. I actually came back to edit my post, but it was too late by then.

I haven't been able to do many hardmodes since I've been out of the game for over a year. We did up through Putricide the other day, but our mage is fire so we haven't been able to benefit from the OPness of arcane.

I haven't tried Arcane yet but I might for Saurfang, Rotface and Festergut just for epeen factor of minute and a half numbers.

Works really well on LDW as well. Burn with out cool downs while her shield is up, evo when the shield is at like 5% and use cooldowns on the second burn phase.

Couple of tricks... or things to keep in mind. Mana gem gives a spell power buff. I was AB4, cooldowns and mana gem.
Use PoM right after Evocation so you can keep the 4 stacks of AB.

And if you pop all your cooldowns at the start, be sure to hit invis whem MI has about 3-4 seconds left on it or you go SPLAT.

I was using mage armor all night long.

I imagine most of these are obvious, but the Evo PoM thing took me a while to remember. Makes a pretty noticeable difference.

Works really well on LDW as well. Burn with out cool downs while her shield is up, evo when the shield is at like 5% and use cooldowns on the second burn phase.

Couple of tricks... or things to keep in mind. Mana gem gives a spell power buff. I was AB4, cooldowns and mana gem.
Use PoM right after Evocation so you can keep the 4 stacks of AB.

And if you pop all your cooldowns at the start, be sure to hit invis whem MI has about 3-4 seconds left on it or you go SPLAT.

I was using mage armor all night long.

I imagine most of these are obvious, but the Evo PoM thing took me a while to remember. Makes a pretty noticeable difference.

Saving PoM + AB while moving would be more beneficial on heroic LDW imo.

With the added range on arcane spec, the only time I had to move was for DnD, and then it was one GCD for a blink. Otherwise I was standing still. Healing through ghosts was simple enough. I should mention that this was normal LDW as it was a pre-made PUG. My guild stopped raiding ICC 2 months ago.

It's the same as every patch / expansions: mages rape, melee gets left in the dust in the first tier, and then rogues dominate followed by fury warrior broken times.

Every time, same shit.

I'm not going to bother to resub until cata at this point.

My holy pally is gimp =[

Edit: My restro drood is prosauce now though... I also got a lvl 76 restro shammy, and so far shit seems to be the same on him.

Back