Justice Points and the Softcap

Yea was curious if they were going to drop the cost on the Frost items, it looks like Pants/Helm/Chest are 1100 and gloves and shoulders are 695. So obv they aren't dropping the cost. :\

Who cares you will replace with quest items by 81 anyways (won't you?)!

I heard there is a lvl 83 quest reward that is stronger than Shadowmourne.

I'd just backwards convert. If 1 frost badge converts to X then an item costing 60 frost badges would cost X * 60

Yeah that's basically exactly how it is on beta right now.

1 Frost Emblem = 11 JP (rounded down)
95 Frost Emblems = 1100 JP
1 T10 Chest = 1100 JP

Which is MUCH better than their first pass on the conversion rates. I think I got 400 JP for 90 Frosties.

Consider too that they're converting Triumph at the same rate as Frost... so it's a net gain.

Just a little update and advice for everyone. The actual hard cap atm is 6035. I was at that when the patch came out and couldn't get anymore Justice points. I decided to spend some and can't get above 4k. So if you want that extra gold don't go below 4k.

Thats incorrect, there were people running around with 15k+ JP. Whether you had 4000 or 4,000,000, you would not have gotten any justice points.

Just a little update and advice for everyone. The actual hard cap atm is 6035. I was at that when the patch came out and couldn't get anymore Justice points. I decided to spend some and can't get above 4k. So if you want that extra gold don't go below 4k.
Thats what we call a soft cap. It converted it all over to JP. You could exceed the cap, but couldn't earn over it beyond what was converted.

Can someone explain to me how all this shit works? I am too lazy to catch up on everything. What's the basic breakdown? Right now, you get justice points for whatever it is you do, I get that. I got some JP last night.

Why are people still discussing frost badges? Do you still get them in ICC?

Or are you talking about getting frost badges to convert to JP? So once you hit 4k JP, and you still have Frost Badges, you can't convert anymore due to a cap? I'm a bit confused.

Last edited:
Can someone explain to me how all this shit works? I am too lazy to catch up on everything. What's the basic breakdown? Right now, you get justice points for whatever it is you do, I get that. I got some JP last night.

Why are people still discussing frost badges? Do you still get them in ICC?

Or are you talking about getting frost badges to convert to JP? So once you hit 4k JP, and you still have Frost Badges, you can't convert anymore due to a cap? I'm a bit confused.

All badges were converted into Justice Points (lesser badges were just converted to gold). I believe what happened is that ff you had enough badges before the change, you could be above the softcap of 4000 after the conversion. If you were below, the most JP you can accumulate before the expansion is 4000.

It doesn't really matter though, at best it saves you maybe a few days of heroics.

you can still only have 4000 at the time xpac is out. blizz has stated that anyone above the 'soft cap' has to spend the pts or they get converted to gold once the 4k soft cap becomes the hard cap the week before cata. No matter what you cannot have more than 4k justice points from Xpac release on.

The real question is how much is the starter raid loot going to cost at 85, because that is the whole point of stockpiling JP to the hard cap isn't it?

Feannag, do you have a condition I should be aware of or can I think you're an idiot without feeling bad? If you're actually mentally challenged or developmentally disabled, I'd like to know so I can cut you some slack.
I'm patiently awaiting your response

i'm not sure(since i'm not in beta) if justice is the same as honor but you cannot buy level 85 honor items until you are level 85. If justice is the same then being capped at 80 kinda sucks because you can't unload the pts on anything until you are 85.

This post is based on the following assumptions as of the present build of Cataclysm beta:

1. To do the heroics you will need most (if not all) ilvl 333 blues, which drop off the final 84 - 85 regular dungeons.

2. Heroics will drop ilvl 346 blues, which will be necessary to begin end-game raid content.

3. Raid content will drop ilvl 359 epics.

4. Rep vendors and/or JP vendors may sell ilvl 333 blues, lvl 85.

Now given this, the only logical reason anyone would be concerned about the JP cap is to stockpile the maximum usable JP in order to buy as many ilvl 333 blues as possible to make the transition into heroics (and therefore raiding) quicker. But it is also logical Blizzard will be aware people will do this, and may attempt to "ensure fairness" between these stockpilers and new players. And the only logical courses to that besides wiping everyone's JP is to inflate the cost of the theoretical ilvl 333 rep vendors so the cap would only yield one or two pieces of gear or require Exalted with each faction to purchase them. If the former, you won't be that far ahead with one or two pieces given how easy grinding will be with RDF (especially when you factor in the daily limit lift doing complete random). And if the latter, then you will be sitting at cap to the point you will lose JP as you grind heroics until you either lose out on JP being earned or be forced to spend your JP on lesser rewards at Friendly, Honored, etc.

So if all of that ends up being true, then what would the point of stockpiling JP to the cap be? I doubt I'll get an honest answer from the lot of you though, at best it'll probably be some retarded assumptive answer designed to maintain your own e-peen by being better at a video game than another human being. At which point logic has little room to stand...

Back