so... i decided to turn account back on (lol) by TseTse - Page 2 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > The Archives > Eve Online
Reload this Page so... i decided to turn account back on (lol)
Page 2 of 4
ViRGE
VeteranXX
Old
21 - 02-14-2009, 01:16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evele View Post

http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/co.../influence.png
This is without a doubt the best map in EVE.

Sponsored Links
TseTse
VeteranX
Old
22 - 02-14-2009, 06:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evele View Post
Download the .pdf map here.

2d EVEMaps by Ombey

Can't forget this one.

http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/co.../influence.png
excellent. ty ty ty

TseTse
VeteranX
Old
23 - 02-14-2009, 06:53
ok ok ok, so im caldari and have less than 2 mil skill points

ive decided i need to jack up my learning skills before i try anything else, which is depressing but the right long-term move.

here's where i am at and what my immediate plan is. suggestions? should i invest in implants for max training efficiency?

Intelligence 11 (+3)
Perception 14 (+7)
Charisma 6
Willpower 11
Memory 12

Learning III ---> Learning V
Spatial Awareness II ---> V ---> Clarity IV (+7 percep)
---> Logic III (+3 int)

Im already at Instant Recall V, but have nothing in Iron Will.

Mogs
VeteranXX
Old
24 - 02-15-2009, 04:12
just do the ones evemon tells you to do until you can fly what you want + make money decently

after that you can do more learning... part of what keeps newbs away is the lack of reward in the beginning. I'm almost a year old and just finished training all my learning skills.

Gratification -> Specialization

also yeah, implants are pretty awesome at reducing training time. just dont die in em or you'll be broke as ****

Last edited by Mogs; 02-15-2009 at 04:15..
Brontez
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
25 - 02-15-2009, 09:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by TseTse View Post
ok ok ok, so im caldari and have less than 2 mil skill points

ive decided i need to jack up my learning skills before i try anything else, which is depressing but the right long-term move.

here's where i am at and what my immediate plan is. suggestions? should i invest in implants for max training efficiency?

Intelligence 11 (+3)
Perception 14 (+7)
Charisma 6
Willpower 11
Memory 12

Learning III ---> Learning V
Spatial Awareness II ---> V ---> Clarity IV (+7 percep)
---> Logic III (+3 int)

Im already at Instant Recall V, but have nothing in Iron Will.

If you look at evemon and do a little math, you'll quickly discover that lvl 5 learning related skills are a waste of time. You can learn the tier 2 skills after training lvl 4 of the tier one skills now also.

If you take a complete newbie character and put him on a plan for a carrier, lvl 5 learning skills would actually DELAY you from flying that carrier, that's how long it takes to train lvl 5.

Basically like Mogs says, Set a long term (6-8 month) plan of skills for the weapons/modules/ships you'd like to be flying, then train the learning skills EvEMon recommends for that plan.

If you absolutely have to train up your learning skills for the sake of training them, plan them all to 3 and do not train them over 4 unless you just happen to get that suggestion in EvEMon, which is very doubtfull. This will save you a LOT of time and frustration.

The most important thing is to get in a ship you'll enjoy flying quickly, otherwise you're playing the skill timer sitting in a station and that's just no fun.

Last edited by Brontez; 02-15-2009 at 09:51..
-=TTC=-Serpreme
VeteranXV
Old
26 - 02-15-2009, 10:59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brontez View Post

If you look at evemon and do a little math, you'll quickly discover that lvl 5 learning related skills are a waste of time. You can learn the tier 2 skills after training lvl 4 of the tier one skills now also.

If you take a complete newbie character and put him on a plan for a carrier, lvl 5 learning skills would actually DELAY you from flying that carrier, that's how long it takes to train lvl 5.

Basically like Mogs says, Set a long term (6-8 month) plan of skills for the weapons/modules/ships you'd like to be flying, then train the learning skills EvEMon recommends for that plan.

If you absolutely have to train up your learning skills for the sake of training them, plan them all to 3 and do not train them over 4 unless you just happen to get that suggestion in EvEMon, which is very doubtfull. This will save you a LOT of time and frustration.

The most important thing is to get in a ship you'll enjoy flying quickly, otherwise you're playing the skill timer sitting in a station and that's just no fun.
This.

haniblecter
VeteranXX
Old
27 - 02-15-2009, 13:11
Don't let EVEMON get you down.

That silly program lets assholes put years worth of training in it and slowly counts down the SP needed, freaking anyone out.

You have to get in the game and set goals that aren't linked to training: like acquiring X amount of ISK, X kills, getting your **** moved, flying with other players, seeing ****, attaining other goals, etc. so you don't burn yourself out.

Completely true on the learning skills, only train what EVEMON tells you to, OR, go to the eve-online.com/forums and look at the skills subforum. There, you'll find some stickied threads that will explain the relative effecencies of skill training, so you know what you should train first (level 2 and 3) and what can be held off till later.

Artemis Pockels
VeteranX
Old
28 - 02-16-2009, 01:03
train straight for a titan

haniblecter
VeteranXX
Old
29 - 02-16-2009, 01:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis Pockels View Post
train straight for a titan
76 days for DD, Clone Vat, and Titan 1.

That's a bit scary.

TseTse
VeteranX
Old
30 - 02-16-2009, 07:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brontez View Post

woah, nice thanks for the tip!!!

im mostly going the way haniblecter says, so im trying NOT to put "everything" i could want into one long evemon training plan, but instead i have sub-plans based on goals along with a "stuff" plan which has low hanging fruit.

-=TTC=-Serpreme
VeteranXV
Old
31 - 02-16-2009, 07:13
never feel pressured into logging in either. Have EveMon going and enjoy life, i spent the last 3 months not playing, but never missing a beat, and i leveled like mad.

haniblecter
VeteranXX
Old
32 - 02-16-2009, 15:40
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=TTC=-Serpreme View Post
never feel pressured into logging in either. Have EveMon going and enjoy life, i spent the last 3 months not playing, but never missing a beat, and i leveled like mad.
Yap, I've only logged on a handful of times since december. I've had some real life crap, holidays, long skill trains, studying for a big test, and FREEE moved to a new place. So I pay my $15 and go up in the world only to be an even bigger badass when I go through another long cycle of playing.

If anything, that's the story of EVE's success.

Artemis Pockels
VeteranX
Old
33 - 02-17-2009, 14:39
its pretty gay that they killed training while deactivated

-=TTC=-Serpreme
VeteranXV
Old
34 - 02-17-2009, 16:59
it was a long time coming

TseTse
VeteranX
Old
35 - 02-17-2009, 17:53
Quote:
Originally Posted by haniblecter View Post
Yap, I've only logged on a handful of times since december. I've had some real life crap, holidays, long skill trains, studying for a big test, and FREEE moved to a new place. So I pay my $15 and go up in the world only to be an even bigger badass when I go through another long cycle of playing.

If anything, that's the story of EVE's success.
ya,

ive played/tested so many friggin mmos and will likely check out more. what i initially hated about eve (the time sink element of skills) is something more interesting to me now that i basically just want part-sims, part-space pvp depending on mood. i stopped caring about buying plex with in-game isk just cuz i dont want to feel like i gotta do ****.

i got cybernetics training for an implant. not bothered about the time at all.

haniblecter
VeteranXX
Old
36 - 02-19-2009, 16:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by TseTse View Post
ya,

ive played/tested so many friggin mmos and will likely check out more. what i initially hated about eve (the time sink element of skills) is something more interesting to me now that i basically just want part-sims, part-space pvp depending on mood. i stopped caring about buying plex with in-game isk just cuz i dont want to feel like i gotta do ****.

i got cybernetics training for an implant. not bothered about the time at all.
Had to get Cyber 5 for my leadership implants. Was groaning about that train for 10 months until I decided to invest in some +5's.....HELL YEA. Im addicted to these things.

27.5 Char (only +4 in)
20.90 Intell
26.4 percep
18.7 mem
19.80 Will

Cool thing is, attribute respec is IN, and they nerfed it like I and others recomended: only one respec per year for old players. Still two free ones within 6mo's for new guys.

Last edited by haniblecter; 02-19-2009 at 16:17..
Mogs
VeteranXX
Old
37 - 02-20-2009, 04:23
i guess you won't be starting your own ingame clothes line after all

NAT Mav
TW Racing++
Old
38 - 02-20-2009, 09:41

Anyways, for you guys returning or just starting up, we're running ops every night at 8pm EST leaving from Branch.

haniblecter
VeteranXX
Old
39 - 02-20-2009, 11:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogs View Post
i guess you won't be starting your own ingame clothes line after all
Nah, I'll just plaster .gif's of my thonged dong bouncing on my key board in every local channel I come across...beats the pants off of mutated livestock linking.

TseTse
VeteranX
Old
40 - 02-22-2009, 09:49
Learning about this expansion has been awesome. Char respec'ing will be great. My attributes kinda suck atm. I also watched much of the recent Tourney on youtube which was really cool and inspiring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAT Mav View Post

Anyways, for you guys returning or just starting up, we're running ops every night at 8pm EST leaving from Branch.
You know me... i came out to fade 0.0 after a WEEK of playing... jumping into the insane bob/d2 wars back in 2006 with my caracals and vigils.

However... I'm only at 2mil SP and have a raven with **** skills.

I decided that instead of burning out fast and getting frustrated in 0.0 with **** skills (i can barely rat decent systems and always have to run), i will slow down a bit and train up while running missions in empire for a month or two.

I'd rather enjoy the game long-term than get really frustrated or burnt out again.

Page 2 of 4

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > The Archives > Eve Online
Reload this Page so... i decided to turn account back on (lol)

Social Website Bullshit