resto sham mastery

It's sub-par for DKs as well. I haven't looked, but apparently it sucks for Holy priests, too. Not sure about my combat rogue.

Don't tell me that Pess. I am eagerly awaiting 4.0.6 aka VANILLA SWORD SPEC REBORN.

Is there a spreadsheet on diminishing returns on Mastery stacking for various classes? (as in at what % does 1% mastery drop below in EP the same amount in Haste). I'm assuming there would have to be, I just haven't found one yet.

I don't remember my ass mastery but it's at like 60%?

As a side note the Tol Barad Trinket guard did 1596 dps in Heroic ToT for 30 seconds which was nice for me (I don't have my Fluid Death or Tia's Grace yet :( .. in fact I have the worst trinket luck ever )

I think I'm at like 62-63%, so you probably have 1600 Mastery or so.

You'll never find a spreadsheet with something like that. Mastery doesn't have diminishing returns, so the only time you'd end up with a breakpoint like that is when you just have tons of mastery and no haste or no crit, and thus the value of those becomes stronger BECAUSE you have so much mastery.

That number is a moving target and entirely related to your spec/the rest of your stats.

It's sub-par for DKs as well. I haven't looked, but apparently it sucks for Holy priests, too. Not sure about my combat rogue.

Where'd you read it sucked for holy priests or hear that from? because thats pretty stupid

it goes (imo)

intel
spirit
haste
mastery

once you get a good chunk of spirit & haste, mastery really helps, thankfully intels come with better gear. EJ has you getting 12.5% haste raid buffed, then stacking mastery like whoa (i still prefer haste, just my 2 cents)

mastery is low for wars, pretty close to haste I think on live. But with current ptr buffs to mastery...

Deathwish 40%+ dmg buff
Enrage 20%+ dmg buff
En Regen healing 70%+
RB hitting for 300%+

I don't see these changes coming to live mainly because of pvp...as RB is hitting for 200-350k dmg combined from both weapons with full raid buffs after a Col Smash. But it's pretty funny seeing a stat thats usually reforged off to pretty high in the list.

Its great for Frost DPS. Its good for Blood DKs tanking and its will be much better for UH DPS next patch.

EJ has it listed as third behind getting hit and expertise to cap for DW frost, so yeah, I suppose it's the best thing to reforge to after you've hit them. I haven't read the blood tanking post in a while, because it was pretty crappy the last time I checked. I'll have to check it out to see if they've fleshed it out more.

TheGhost said:
Where'd you read it sucked for holy priests or hear that from? because thats pretty stupid

Not from anywhere in particular. I haven't even taken my 80 holy priest to any cata content yet, I'm just echoing what the various hpriests I've run into have told me about the stat.

EJ has it listed as third behind getting hit and expertise to cap for DW frost, so yeah, I suppose it's the best thing to reforge to after you've hit them. I haven't read the blood tanking post in a while, because it was pretty crappy the last time I checked. I'll have to check it out to see if they've fleshed it out more.

Blood tanking its up in the air if its better than avoidance right now. some say yes some say no. least from the ej thread i think. I don't know since the changes on the ptr.

looks like Mastery is still bottom of the list for UH on the ptr. The issue is that the mastery doesn't affect the SS. If they make that change mastery will be good. Crit has moved up behind haste and just above expertise. once they fix the issue with our pet not scaling with our crit then crit will be even better.

Last edited:
Not from anywhere in particular. I haven't even taken my 80 holy priest to any cata content yet, I'm just echoing what the various hpriests I've run into have told me about the stat.

Those priests might have a slight case of downs. I don't agree with the EJ holy priest guide 100%, but its fairly spot on. I go for intel/spirit first, and then haste (followed closely by mastery)

I guess soft haste cap is same for all classes that rely on either DoT or HoT. You need 12,5% to get the extra tick, be it firemage or restodruid

Back