**** Quakerwars
DOD source beta is looking good.

Sponsored Links
JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
82 - 06-15-2008, 23:03
Starting it up now - I'll probably be playing on the Exclamation Vanilla server.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
83 - 06-15-2008, 23:06
I'm trying to get some of those medals, but it's a bit more difficult to get some ****, like the 2 constructs for engineering. I think I have to lower my mouse speed though, I can't get a decent bead on ****. Leftover habit from having a slow PC/ low framerate, now that I have a good rig I guess I need to tone it down some.

Colosus
my pronouns are..
Contributor
Old
84 - 06-15-2008, 23:26
Reinstalling.

JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
85 - 06-15-2008, 23:38
Hooray! I am taking a quick break, got about another hour before I have to go to work.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
86 - 06-16-2008, 01:11
I dunno how the maps get boring, I'm still trying to remember the objectives with each side and where the **** to go. I think Covert Ops will be my hardest job, though I'm not sure how snipers will ****in' snipe you at your respawn for 10 minutes without moving. Then again I do think some cheats get through Punkbuster.

Diggin' FldOps and Eng though. Good because with it comes to AITs you either get nothing or you get like 5 of them protecting ONE RADAR.

[Golbez-RG-]
VeteranXX
Old
87 - 06-16-2008, 01:13
I'm McBane, but I hardly play anymore

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
88 - 06-16-2008, 01:17
Yeah thanks, we're looking for people who enjoy playing. Not people who don't play anymore. Games like this make me wonder if map designer is a too-commonly-understated job on a game development team. I mean the ameplay is good, but you need to make and release more balanced maps to keep it fun. And it's harded to do with QWET since it's so objective based.

JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
89 - 06-16-2008, 02:09
At work for the night but I'll probably be playing again tomorrow afternoon/evening. I have really been enjoying this game lately for some reason. I have some ridiculous kill streaks with the sniper rifle. I think my accuracy is like 60% or something with it.

dev
VeteranXX
Old
90 - 06-16-2008, 04:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feannag View Post
Yeah thanks, we're looking for people who enjoy playing. Not people who don't play anymore. Games like this make me wonder if map designer is a too-commonly-understated job on a game development team. I mean the ameplay is good, but you need to make and release more balanced maps to keep it fun. And it's harded to do with QWET since it's so objective based.
Thats one of the things I noticed after a break of a few months, the gameplay in some maps had changed quite a bit with some pretty good tactics, like blocking the strogg generator door on island with a Trojan on the first objective. I don't think the maps are unbalanced, it used to be much worse before the MCP patch. What has changed are the amount of people who have no idea what they're doing, some of them haven't figured out they can run instead of walk yet, and that results in some very lopsided games.

Its harder getting backstabs too

PyroTeknik
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
91 - 06-16-2008, 05:12
Damnit I still need to pick this up.
Had some really fun times with the beta and demo despite the craptastic maps, but I ended up getting the orange box instead (since I didn't have HL2, it was just more value for my $$$). Now that it's cheap I really want to play again.

JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
92 - 06-16-2008, 05:13
More people to our cause! Come play the game that noone cared about because of TF2! Woo!!

JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
93 - 06-16-2008, 07:12
Code:
Ranking/Name		Rank			Total XP	Accuracy	Kills	Deaths

49950*FishStix 		General 		119,381		30%		20,707	17,107
87825*dev- 		Commander General 	101,225		29%		17,684	15,768
170345*DaJackal 	Captain 		20,989		34%		2,390	3,239
25317*Colosus 		Second Lieutenant 	18,547		26%		3,206	2,405
88083*FuriousJodo 	Gunnery Sergeant 	8,741		32%		1,772	1,730
22501*DwarfVader 	Lance Corporal 		3,201		27%		493	541
34261*ArcaneXanth 	Private 		1,859		31%		416	367
88635*gothaggis 				178		38%		16	42

dev
VeteranXX
Old
94 - 06-16-2008, 07:34
TF2 was fun for like 2 days, then the maps got really really stale.

My accuracy sucks

JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
95 - 06-16-2008, 07:36
My accuracy with the sniper rifle is like 60% I think, but when it comes to the other weapons it's not so good.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
96 - 06-16-2008, 09:49
I really hate snipers on some maps, because it feels like you're getting headshot'd all the way across the map. I usually assume there is some cheating going on though, Punkbuster seriously can't handle it all.

JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
97 - 06-16-2008, 09:54
I'll snipe you from pretty far and I can assure you I don't cheat. Sniping isn't too hard once you get the leading right in this game. Although the wobbliness is annoying.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
98 - 06-16-2008, 23:17
I was a reasonably proficient sniper in both T1 and T2, and those zooms were up to 20x. That QW:ET rifles are only 3x, even if you allow 2x - 3x for the normal iron-sighting that still doesn't come close. How could you even see anything beyond humanoid shape much less getting headshots?

Also I finally figured out how those spawn hosts worked (I don't seem to play strogg as much) and I now see how people DON'T use them. I see whole piles of spawn hosts with the spikes up (meaning people haven't used them) but once you get a cohesive team it really is a thing of beauty.

I played for the GDF on the map where you had to defend a slipgate to be researched, and I grabbed the heavy MG as a soldier. I had 2 - 3 medics and 2 field ops running around in the slipgate room and I managed to gun down a ****load of people by the balcony and those guys kept me revived, healthy, and loaded with ammo. We held that spot for 13 minutes to end the match with a win. Sucked though I didn't notice it was on an unranked server, those stats would have been nice.

JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
99 - 06-16-2008, 23:21
I'm about to play again shortly if anyone wants to join. I will show you my l33t sniper skillz Feannag.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
100 - 06-17-2008, 00:41
You always play on ****in' full servers, and I don't want to sit there and wait. Being a Tech is pretty fun, especially when you're the only goddamn on the team. You do health AND ammo in one shot, and I love find piles of bodies to make spawn hosts.

Page 5 of 9

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [QuakeWars] Enemy Territory

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
badmofo has a huge penis , stab stab stab