Poll: Guitar/Music contest

TW musicians, would you record something if we had a backing track provided?

• Total voters
-Kapion- said:
this sounds friggin awesome.

any requests for songs for me to cover?
That's up to you man....cover no boundaries:)

Nic entry Bomberman:)

Classical entries are ok too. It's all styles and instruments.

Data i was just kidding around. You might find it lame but you till never really said hy. We could give it a shot, if it fails, then we don't do it again.

I'n going to have to find some backings...

This is a great idea. I suggest starting small with a couple provided backings and let people do whatever they want, much like with most Photoshop TWIP threads.

(I am not a musician)

This would be cool. I think entire songs would be cooler though. You could give some random subject, and people would write songs about it.

That's kind of what I was thinking.

Like for instance, we decide the theme is "Tribal War" or "Heavy Love" or whatever and then different people post their musical ideas or interpretation and people start to merge this it into jam tracks.

And then our flash artists and movie makers could even start to use these tracks, etc.

I don't think a contest or whatever is neccessary until we start to build enough interest. I will talk to my comrades in tw-staff later and see what we can brainstorm to help assist this creative process. :]

I assume everyone realizes these projects are for fun and public domain so we can avoid any copyright issues.

this is a cool idea, im surprised a complete musical retard, not to mention a complete retard in general such as blazindave brought it up.

Kwago said:
this is a cool idea, im surprised a complete musical retard, not to mention a complete retard in general such as blazindave brought it up.
Why am i a retard:(?

Yea i am fine with that.

We have 2 drummers, a few guitarists..we need bassists...we have one of those...
So its all set.
sexy:sex:

I'm with Ascoe. As a drummer, I do feel a bit left out. I also don't really have the equipment to try and record a track either. Now I really feel left out :(

Bomberman said:
Yeah, you can record drums with a microphone, but to record drums well, it takes much more effort than pretty much any other instrument.
Yeah, you'd have to mic each drum to get the proper sound out of it. Even if I was to try and do it with a single mic (really horrible recording), my drums are in the garage while my pc is in the house... It could get quite ugly even making an attempt at this project.

Back